[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

craig y u so passive aggressive all the time?

Your k/d sucks

It's obviously not right, but he was mad. I think most people would be.

k

Mayne, guy couldn't even try and argue his own case mayne. Staff just be like "fuck you mayne, we doing this shit mayne, and don't pick on us mayne for being unfair, i mean totes fair mayne"

the asshole part tho lol

Edited by DrCraig

And yet you can call a random you don't even know a doofus in comp alley with no punishment whatsoever?

Christ, I have to make a Profanity Ranking Thread now or something because doofus is apparently super offensive and uber profanity.

[spoiler]I mean the kid couldve just looked at the fkn ban post, nobody even said its uber god damnit[/spoiler]

Christ, I have to make a Profanity Ranking Thread now or something because doofus is apparently super offensive and uber profanity.
[spoiler]I mean the kid couldve just looked at the fkn ban post, nobody even said its uber god damnit[/spoiler]

Brush it off brah. Ain't no thang to hold yourself accountable to the standards you ask of others am I right?

Fucking asshole to someone that did you wrong versus doofus to some innocent chap who doesn't tier.

And look craig, i ain't got nothing on you. You're just defending your friend zehkar after he got called an asshole. And im defending my friend Raaidn for being treated like shit.

He was steaming. Ya he called zehkar a fucking asshole when Zehk dq'd him after one turn in the semifinals of a huge fucking tournament. But then he was instantly muted for one of the longest mutes I've seen without warning.

As far as I can tell, as of recently (most of this year) the disconnect rule has been the same. You dc you get dq'd. So I dont understand why I have 40 notifications over this, but I'll bite. After 1 turn I can see the issue your having (if your opponent would allow a rematch I'd say take it) but since this rule is in stone and has been for a significant time, it is quite obvious that Raaidn was gonna get dq'd.
I wasnt there ofc so I cant speak much on the time it took to make the decision, perhaps it is expected that everyone knows this rule by now but then the winner would usually be announced anyway so idk. In anycase we are getting upset over nothing so lets continue those 200+ streaks

Edit: it seems this was already resolved in the event suggestions

Edited by Kizhaz

As far as I can tell, as of recently (most of this year) the disconnect rule has been the same. You dc you get dq'd. So I dont understand why I have 40 notifications over this, but I'll bite. After 1 turn I can see the issue your having (if your opponent would allow a rematch I'd say take it) but since this rule is in stone and has been for a significant time, it is quite obvious that Raaidn was gonna get dq'd.
I wasnt there ofc so I cant speak much on the time it took to make the decision, perhaps it is expected that everyone knows this rule by now but then the winner would usually be announced anyway so idk. In anycase we are getting upset over nothing so lets continue those 200+ streaks

Many many many times in the past, people have had the choice if they want to remake. That's why there is a situation here.

I agree, the rules should be set in stone, but they haven't been in the past.

Cause I dont really drink and waiting for her to get off work.

Go get her bow

Mayne you don't even understand 

Damn, really sorry to have heard about what happened, Raaidn.

It may be a rule that if the one of the party guys DC then a rematch can be issued, but DQing after turn one is fucking bullshit.

If DQing someone after DCing turn one is a rule, then so should someone selecting the wrong tiers for a match result in a DQ because it's almost of the same magnitude.

Anyways, this isn't about a goddamn rule, this is about the staff member's attitude. This is why I have loads and loads of respect for people like Caracal, Tranzmaster, BlueJim and last but not the least, Eggplant. I can't begin to count the no. of times I have dc'd in a tournament and how many times a rematch was given because the mentioned staff members were human. I'm not saying that none of the staff members I haven't mentioned are inhuman but they clearly follow the rules even if it means to fuck over someone.

Some instances I'd like to point out:

1) When rematches were given:

a) Forfiter vs NikhilR (finals of stab tourney) - Host was Caracal. Midway through the match, Forfiter dc'd and it was a legit dc. The moment after this happened, Caracal whispered me whether or not I wanted to give him a re and I immediately said yes. You're a good person Caracal.

b ) Londar vs NikhilR (finals of Sky Limit tourney) - I dc'd vs Londar and I think I was in a better position? Well I dunno but even then Londar said that he'd give the re and Tranzmaster allowed this. Thanks Tranz and Londar.

c) Frags vs Makarov (finals of some OU tourney) - Frags gave the guy who dc'd a rematch even when he (Frags) was winning. Think Tranz was the host for this too. 

d) Robofiend vs NikhilR (round 3 or 4 of NU tourney) - I dc like 1-2 turns after, Robo says he wants to do re and it's given. Unfortunately due to my poverty net, I dc again and I won't blame DaftKitteh for not allowing a re again. Props to him for allowing it in the first place.

e) OrangeManiac vs NikhilR (finals of OU tourney) - I DC'd when I would've won the match, bar a crit from Orange, but since he's the kind of person who prefers to win honestly, he allowed the rematch. Thank you Jim and Orange.

f) StriderxD vs Raaidn (Tag Team tourney) - TJ has always been a respectable guy and proved to be like that when he offered Raaidn a rematch after he dc'd. CaptainGrey allowed it to. 

2) Grey Areas in tournaments:

a) DestructX vs JSTUD - JSTUD was winning an unfortunately dc'd when he was definitely going to win the match. DestructX being the good guy he is, told CaptainGrey to award JSTUD with the victory. You earned massive respect in mines and everyone in LYLE's eyes at that moment Des. Good guy Cap for listening.

b ) Piata vs LightLeaks - The match had been going for more than 45 minutes and wasn't going to end any time soon. Piata was stalling out LightLeaks but Noad dq'd piata instead of following the time clause rule. I don't care whether Noad did or didn't follow protocol, but she made the right call. 

c) NikhilR vs Telf - Telf was stalling over 45 min and I just need 5 more min to win the match. Noad allowed the extension and I ended up winning. Thank you Noad. 

3) When rematch wasn't given:

a) NikhilR vs EMMME (round 2 of STAB tourney) - not even gonna start on what a uguu EMMME is. All she does is care about winning even if it's unfairly and I'm so glad she didn't get the starmie. I dc'd just may be one or two turns after the match. When I asked her if she would agree to a rematch, her response was "Why?". Jindu was host and it wasn't in his power to enforce the re.

After that I dc'd vs her in another UU unofficial where TJ was my partner and where I would've won but ofc I didn't keep any expectations of her allowing a re.

b )NikhilR vs Sebat (Spring Qualifier) - I'm sorry to call you out Noad, but I don't think I'll ever get over this. 2 turns into dcing his diglett had trapped my kanga but I had a friggin Swellow which would pursuit kill the diglett making it 5v5. The server crashes and I repeat, the SERVER CRASHES along with several other people and I wasn't given a rematch because that uguu Sebat wouldn't allow it. I'm not gonna blame Noad or anything because she tried to help me out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh, I'm losing count of the no. of times I've dc'd like vs Bowser/JSTUD in Spring and many more instances. All in all, the blame isn't entirely on staff. From what I've observed, a rematch is given only if the opposing party agrees to it. Now if the opposing party disagrees to this then the staff member can't force the person to do so, because a fucking rule exists in the place which protects these asshole players like EMMME. So what happens, staff can't call out or make another look like an asshole for not allowing the rematch, so they end up looking like assholes themselves. It's a really shitty position to put yourself at and if I were a staff member, I'd clearly, clearly do something about it so that it helps players, not screw them over. @Staff - If I come across as harsh, then I apologize because this is the reality of a situation. Please do something about it by making it mandatory for players to give a rematch after 1-2 moves of a match. 

EDIT: Let's not forget how dirty yesterday's bracket was. 4 of the top 5 players in MMO in the first half of the bracket with two of them facing each other. 

EDIT2: Rant still not over. Just pulled up the brackets for the last 5 official events, Raaidn and I were in the same bracket always. This probably extends up to more, but 5 seemed like reasonable number:

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/StandOU

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/oceanicaug

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/oysterou

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/MNUU

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/outuesday

4 out of 5 of those, I face Raaidn either first round or second round. I know Zebra said something about facing Destruct 4 times consecutively in a doubles tourney, but it's another thing to have him in the same bracket consecutively as well. 

Edited by NikhilR

2) Grey Areas in tournaments:

a) DestructX vs JSTUD - JSTUD was winning an unfortunately dc'd when he was definitely going to win the match. DestructX being the good guy he is, told CaptainGrey to award JSTUD with the victory. You earned massive respect in mines and everyone in LYLE's eyes at that moment Des. Good guy Cap for listening.

LF more players like this

@DestructX mad respect homie

So I think the purpose of the rule is just to avoid a lot of the grey area that can occur in tournaments. A blanket rule is not only easy for us users to understand and follow, it also easier for staff to enforce.

Although the advantages of this rule may not be clear let me point out what I think is something pretty important. It's the way you are treating staff and also players when a rematch isn't given. It's pretty clear in the OP "Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ." There is no obligation for a rematch to be given. Whatever reason a staff member or player has for not allowing the rematch is justified because a rematch was a gift not a right. The way some people have treated players and staff when a rematch wasn't given is appalling and a blanket rule stops this. 

The one vs Osuki was a server issue, and TJ wanted to allow a rematch, well because hes a decent human beeing. Unlike some.

I forgot about that, Let me add it to my post.

Which kind of avatars are we going to run next month?

Haha no idea but I've decided to drop the selfie one for now and go back to my helmet. Forums pls update. 

Edited by NikhilR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.