[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

I'm so mad...

I've been playing the pokemon tcg gameboy game recently and usually I stop before the end because it becomes repetitive, so I decide to stick it out until the end this time. I managed to get the 8 medals and beat the 4 legendary card owners which is when I find out that Ronald, the games rival character, has also beaten them so you have 1 final duel for the cards. I decided to use the deck that started me off being the bulbasaur deck, turns out he has mostly if not only fire energies along with eeveelutions and for some reason the legendary cards that we are supposed to be fighting for (and 2 of the Moltres cards like wtf). My predominantly grass deck with a few waters seemed out matched in the beginning but whilst my little Grimer kept getting paralsis on his Kanga I was hanging in there, I got the first kill taking down that kanga, but unfortunately he was able to set up a Jolteon and Flareon card on the bench and immediately revenge killed Grimer. I had an Articuno card on my bench but unfortunately not the water energies to use it, so I had to play around a little, including using a prof oak to discard my hand which had the entire bulba line and draw 7 new cards. Many turns passed and it came down to him having 2 prizes left to my 3, he had the three legendary bird cards on the bench + and extra Moltres as well as 2 Dragonairs he could evolve into the legendary Dragonite card at any moment. My Articuno unfortunately went down to his bs shenanigans scooping up his Articuno then playing it again to get its ability to paralyse me, I was left with a Pinsir, Flareon with alot of damage, Nidorana with no energies and Nidorino fully set up and ready along with Nidoking in hand. I get some lucky para's with Pinsir on one of his Dragonairs allowing me to retreat to Flareon and finish the job making it 2-2 for prizes, he sent in his Moltres which at this point was fully set up to start dealing 70 damage if he flips heads. He got tails and Flareon takes half its health. Next turn he gets heads, rip Flareon 2-1. In comes Nidorino, I could deal the other half with it taking out the Moltres but then his other Dragonair comes in and could kill me with slam if he flipped a couple heads, so I decide to evolve into Nidoking to get the extra HP and use toxic leving the Moltres with 1 more counter and poisoned... But then the Dragonite appears and heals 2 counters to every pokemon on his team, so the Moltres now has 3 and the Dragonite 5 (This makes a huge difference as before the Moltres would faint to poison switching to my turn so he would have to send out either a Dragonair with 1 counter or a pokemon with no energies on my turn to attack with 1 prize left), the Moltres also flips heads leaving Nidoking with 1 counter. I use a super potion to get me back to 5 counters and kill off the Moltres, 1-1. In comes Draognite, his only move is Slam which does 3x number of heads on 2 coin flips, if he gets even 1 Tails Nidoking survives and I can use my switch to send Pinsir back in and deal 5 counters worth of damage (just enough) winning me the game.

[spoiler] GBA--Pokemon%20Trading%20Card%20Game_Jun [/spoiler]

tldr: TCG relies on luck

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.