Atuan

Question

This was an old thread that deserved a make-over.

Now, more than ever, we are finding out that organization can mean everything. Breeding hundreds of similar Pokemon with no way to differentiate between them is exhausting and confusing. There is currently no Name Rater, so even my half-baked method of nicknaming for organization won't work. However, even if the Name Rater were implemented, I would still suggest this because of the enormous benefit to organization.

The tab would include these fields:

Label: A field existing of 10-20 characters or so to give this Pokemon a unique cover without utilizing the name.

Markers: This would be canon. There are six shapes that can be turned on/off to represent various things. A lot of people don't typically use this in the handhelds, but it can be a tremendous help on its own. The Circle(HP), Triangle(Att), Square(Def), Heart(SpA), Star(SpD) and Diamond(Spe) can be used to track offspring, label parents, and do many other things.

Main Box: A place to add a lot of information. It should at least contain enough characters for a full IV readout, HP readout and some light fluff.

I would say title instead of label, just because people want the ability to change that somewhat later in the future.

As far as listing with checkboxes, that might be a little tricky. I know players would have a hard time after a while using the same symbols to differentiate what is supposed to be what, although it wouldn't be hard to implement physically, but it ruins the one thing about your memory, retained knowledge. I'm still increasing my memory capability every day that might make this entire idea a bit redundant and I can simply look at a piece of paper in front of me. With that right there and without clicking additional buttons its perfect, and I have that timely advantage.

I'm sure they plan to expand PokeDex more and more. Adding list icons like circles, dots, arrows, for example. So this may probably be added eventually.

I would say title instead of label, just because people want the ability to change that somewhat later in the future.

As far as listing with checkboxes, that might be a little tricky.

I'm sure they plan to expand PokeDex more and more. Adding list icons like circles, dots, arrows, for example. So this may probably be added eventually.

I don't care what the label/title is called, it's just to separate it from the main notes to differentiate between Pokemon (since we can't use the nickname, yet). It should always be editable. 

Checkboxes are buttons that can be pressed down simultaneously, like have the Heart and Circle active at the same time, as opposed to only having one active.

This isn't in the PokeDex, fgt.

I would love something like this. For now I just have the auto-IV calculator being used as a sorting box, but then I gotta match the nature/level to the pokemon. I would hate to get to the point where I have the same nature/levels on pokemon, which should be later tonight since I'll be breeding like CRAZY.

Until something like this is put in I'll have to keep with keeping everything in order in the pc, then having a notepad with everything in the same order but containing all the notes. There's another window open while I play :(

*goes bump in the night*

This would be awesome. We can be organized on our own to an extent, but it's like comparing putting a large stack of papers in a drawer, to putting them in color-coded folders, with sticky notes dividing sub-sections in each folder, and then putting them in the drawer. When you're farming and you have about 100+ of the same pokemon to look at, a little change could make a significant difference, and as Atuan said nicknames hardly cover all the specifics. +1 
Edit because redundant post was redundant. 

Due to lack of staff commenting, I assume this is either already planned for the near future or is so unlikely/cumbersome that they won't even waste their time.

If they have it planned they will do it otherwise no feature will ever be approved from a user suggestion. So if there is a good idea not planned by staff there is a good chance it will never come.

I like the idea as it adds documentation for competitive users.

If they have it planned they will do it otherwise no feature will ever be approved from a user suggestion. So if there is a good idea not planned by staff there is a good chance it will never come.

Please do not discourage the community from commenting on suggestions or making suggestions themselves. The devs have not been shy to confirm features that are suggested here that have already been planned but this does not mean it is unlikely that any suggestion made by the community will be ignored based on the fact that the devs have not already thought of it. It is not unheard of that community based ideas have been implemented, for example the The Mystery Box/Risky Chest, Amnesia Brace/Experience-Negating Held Item, Orange Shiny Glow in the PC, etc etc. 

Your assumption is incorrect. 

Please do not discourage the community from commenting on suggestions or making suggestions themselves. The devs have not been shy to confirm features that are suggested here that have already been planned but this does not mean it is unlikely that any suggestion made by the community will be ignored based on the fact that the devs have not already thought of it. It is not unheard of that community based ideas have been implemented, for example the The Mystery Box/Risky Chest, Amnesia Brace/Experience-Negating Held Item, Orange Shiny Glow in the PC, etc etc. 

Your assumption is incorrect.

Considering I've seen previous features accepted or declined I am aware of those examples, but you just proved what I am trying to say. It's also not an assumption when I've read it from staff:
beb11a6e77729b75e735c9aa45f91e64.png

So are all suggestions approved just ideas that they originally had in the first place so we never came up with any ideas at all and the whole point of a suggestion box is a lie?!

I actually can't remember a player suggestion being taken and implemented. If it was, there were plans to implement it already.

And maybe I've exaggerated a little bit. Maybe player's ideas do get accepted, but the ones you have mentioned are incredibly minute in significance to the game. That's a good thing though as it shows the developers make their own decisions on bigger aspects of the game. Come on Emlee you know I don't make statements like this unless I have the sources, and here they are. 

It's fun to read what the community has to say though.

Text

I don't think one of our dev's sense of humour is means for stating the incorrect assumptions you have made, or the statements made by a former GM who was not involved in development processes. If you wish to find more community based ideas that are implemented/confirmed then read through the Table of Contents for this section. Again, I'm going to ask you to not discourage people from making suggestions or commenting on suggestions. If this is something you wish to discuss further then feel free to private message me.