[Guide] EV Training

Just saw a slugma lv36 in the cave, il post a screenshot if nessecarily

This might be helpful because you need a certain speed to EV train here (lv36 slugma +speed nature = 33speed so you need a 66+ speed with macho brace)

4lo3fFK.png

Edited. Thank you for tell me. ;)

I must say that Fushia Pool using super rod (goldeen, seaking and Gyarados) is a very better place to train attack ev.

Also i use to be on island 4 with surfing to train HP (Marill, Wooper, Slowpoke)

Awesome work on this thread :)

I must say that Fushia Pool using super rod (goldeen, seaking and Gyarados) is a very better place to train attack ev.

Also i use to be on island 4 with surfing to train HP (Marill, Wooper, Slowpoke)

Awesome work on this thread :)

Are you using Fuschia Pond after the update? We can't spam like before, so it is a slow way of EV training.

Island 4 Pond has a balance of 70% HP and 30% Special Attack. There are places with 50% HP/50% Special Attack and 100% HP, which are better.

Thank you. :D

Are you using Fuschia Pond after the update? We can't spam like before, so it is a slow way of EV training.

Island 4 Pond has a balance of 70% HP and 30% Special Attack. There are places with 50% HP/50% Special Attack and 100% HP, which are better.

Thank you. :D

Yes, I am using after the update, is a little slow, but i still belive that is faster since with Macho Brace I get 8 evs for each Seaking and Gyarados, it seems to me very fast :)

Yes, I am using after the update, is a little slow, but i still belive that is faster since with Macho Brace I get 8 evs for each Seaking and Gyarados, it seems to me very fast :)

You can't get 8 EVs without pokérus because isn't implemented in PokeMMO (and I think won't). So it is 4 EVs.

I will add this option, however.

speed training on route 1 hasnt worked out for me lately

its like 70% caterpie now for some reason

It is in requirements "Day Time". -.- At night go to route 17 and surf to encounter Surskit.

What about Unown? They give +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack and are 100% in the Tanoby Ruins.

They could be used for mixed attackers.

I added to the guide, thank you.

It is in requirements "Day Time". -.- At night go to route 17 and surf to encounter Surskit.

I added to the guide, thank you.

I found another great speed spot, maybe you should check it:

its that small area to the left of fushia right before the gate building with the 3 birdman trainers, great for speed training.

You mostly find fearow (+4 speed), the rest is raticate(+4),ratata(+2),spearow (+2) . These amounts are w/ macho brace, assuming everybody uses it.

The only non speed is doduo, which is like 15- 20% encounter rate but if you consider the double amounts you get from raticate and fearow its totally still worth it,

I found another great speed spot, maybe you should check it:

its that small area to the left of fushia right before the gate building with the 3 birdman trainers, great for speed training.

You mostly find fearow (+4 speed), the rest is raticate(+4),ratata(+2),spearow (+2) . These amounts are w/ macho brace, assuming everybody uses it.

The only non speed is doduo, which is like 15- 20% encounter rate but if you consider the double amounts you get from raticate and fearow its totally still worth it,

SPEED + ATTACK

• Route 17

[spoiler]

537jfn.png

[/spoiler]

Balance: 65% Speed and 35% Attack

Requirements: None

084-m.png

Doduo

EV: 1 Attack point

Level 24-28

Encounter rate: 35%

021-m.png

Spearow

EV: 1 Speed point

Level: 20-22

Encounter rate: 30%

020-m.png

Raticate

EV: 2 Speed points

Level: 25-29

Encounter rate: 25%

019-m.png

Rattata

Level: 22

Encounter rate: 5%

022-m.png

Fearow

Level: 25-27

Encounter rate: 5%

Route 18 is the same. But the grass is bigger in Route 17. Before post another question or suggestion, please read the guide, seems like you don't.

• 1 year later...

Route 18 is the same. But the grass is bigger in Route 17. Before post another question or suggestion, please read the guide, seems like you don't.

I prefer that smaller grass patch also as they are the same encounters except it's closer to the pokemon centre and also has 3 trainers which you can vs seeker for a little bit of added $$$. Really good guide though helped me a lot EV training my kingdra.
  • 2 weeks later...

audsep.png

SPECIAL ATTACK + SPEED

• Lost Cave

[spoiler]

76-room1.png

[/spoiler]

Balance: 55% Special Attack and 42.5% Speed

Requirements: HM03 Surf

093-m.png

Haunter

EV: 2 Special Attack points

Level: 44-52

Encounter rate: 30%

092-m.png

Gastly

EV: 1 Special Attack point

Level: 38-40

Encounter rate: 25%

041-m.png

Zubat

Level: 37

Encounter rate: 20%

042-m.png

Golbat

Level: 41-43

Encounter rate: 20%

198-m.png

Murkrow

Level: 22

Encounter rate: 2.5%

You forgot Misdreavus who give Special Defense

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you want to farm Sp.Atk while earning money with Pay Day, go to Mt.Ember "Last Floor" before sand and defeat Slugmas (100% spawn).

Mt. Ember is far away from a pokécenter and using PayDay makes you use ExpShare, so you would gain 1 Special Attack EV point instead 2 with Macho Brace in Route 113. The guide focus in EV training only and the most effective places. If someone wants to make profit with EV training, there is a lot of methods that this guide can't and won't include.

What about Route 120? pretty good to train Att with Mightyena and poochyena. And if there appears Linoone too you can Train Attack and Speed Evs x2 it can appear some other pokes... but maybe is worth...

Have anyone check it out? :o ?

Linoone = 15%
Zigzagoon = 10%

Mightyena = 15%

Poochyena = 10%

Absol = 8%

That makes 58% chance of getting the desired EVs. Route 120 is not good for EV training.