[Denied]Make an 'announcement' regarding basic forum etiquette

So as you may have noticed we have one of these

3uxsI.png

that is visible above most of the subforums.  This is called an announcement as opposed to a thread. I think that this should be joined by another announcement regarding forum etiquette.  Many of the players of pokemmo don't know much about forums, and when they do join they often don't know where to start. Such an announcement would help introduce them to basic forum guidelines (not rules per se, but things that are generally frowned upon/approved of).  Such a list could include

• Don't bump old threads unless you have something meaningful to add to the discussion
  • Always read the rules of a subforum before you post in it
  • read the code of conduct
  • Read the entirety (or at least recent posts) of a thread before posting
  • search before posting

etc, etc

This list has some pretty good points http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html

Pros:

• instead of spamming 'please search before posting' you could direct them there, and theoretically more people would read it from that

Cons:

• Its still very possible that no one would read it.

Thoughts?

Even if it might not be read much its still not a bad thing to have, and would be very easy to add (unless I'm completely misunderstanding how the forums work). Its also fairly common in the forums I'm on (which isn't that many tbh)

• 1 month later...