PokeMMO Event Discussion: Ditto Dominance (July 12)

what

EDIT: WOW FUCKING STEAL MY FUCKING TOURNEY

the tourney that you were supposed to host but didn't even show up to...

Cipher pls, 4v4 doubles, cmon man you were my beacon of hope on this matter.

Mad?

I'm confused on Kyu's role in this tournament. ._.

pretty sure all officials are to be overseen by an SGM which in this case is Kyu

Cipher pls, 4v4 doubles, cmon man you were my beacon of hope on this matter.

Long story short, 6v6 doubles won't start until the next Wednesday Night Doubles. That is considered the prototype/experiment of 6v6 doubles (for my double events at least).

Mfw first place is grimer not ditto...

The only reason why I didn't want for 1st place to be a Shiny Ditto is because one was given in the past few months.

If this event turns out well, and people enjoy it and want another one in the future, there may be a Shiny Ditto on the line.

what happens if two unlucky souls end up with two not transformed ditto going at it? like say we each have one pokemon and our ditto left, then i explode, and we're both down to just dittos. i feel like there should be something planned out for that in case at happens just to avoid causing some kind of scene.

what happens if two unlucky souls end up with two not transformed ditto going at it? like say we each have one pokemon and our ditto left, then i explode, and we're both down to just dittos. i feel like there should be something planned out for that in case at happens just to avoid causing some kind of scene.

The infamous Ditto Paradox. An exciting one...

Anyways, I've already tested that out (thanks Dannnno) and it will not be never ending. It will turn into a struggle match.

Basically if there is two Dittos left, it's a speed match. Whoever is the fastest is kinda screwed though. The faster one will transform into Ditto and the slower one will have "But it failed!"

If you want further details click the spoiler.

[spoiler]

The setting: Two Dittos (Ditto Cipher vs Ditto Weston)

Let's say Weston has faster speed than Cipher. Weston will use Transform first and will become a Ditto transformed into a Ditto. Cipher will use Transform but being as how a Ditto cannot transform into a transformed Pokemon, it will fail.

Ditto Weston (the faster one) will go into a never ending 5 PP Transform while Ditto Cipher (the slower one) will lower it's PP after every move. With this, after 10 moves, Ditto Cipher will Struggle.

So, all in all, the slower Ditto has the advantage.[/spoiler]

Actually, the slower Ditto has the disadvantage(at least, it should). Whichever Ditto starts struggling first will lose since we are using Gen 4 Struggle mechanics where you hit yourself for 25% of your health every time you use it.

Actually, the slower Ditto has the disadvantage(at least, it should). Whichever Ditto starts struggling first will lose since we are using Gen 4 Struggle mechanics where you hit yourself for 25% of your health every time you use it.

Well I was using a level 71 Ditto vs a lvl 58 so that explains why I barely survived....