[Denied]"Pokemon Recycler"- Exchange Pokemon for TMs That Have Been Used on Them

So basically you give 1 of your pokemon to an NPC, and it gives you whatever TM's it has. You will obviously lose your pokemon.

Let's say, now that breeding was implemented, your umbreon is kind of useless. You now want to get yourself a wish umbreon, but you also want toxic, a move that your umbreon has but you don't have anything  to trade for a new one. Insead of creating an alt. account and get it, you can take your useless umbreon with ivs 0-2 on everything to the Pokemang recycler and throw it into a machine, so you can have your precious TM Toxic again, for your new Umbreon. 

Pokemon recycler lol. What a funny image.

I personally think this idea is too flawed, and might take incredible long time to perfect it. Even so, who would wanna recycle their pokemon? Pretty sure you would arrested for that in the pokemon universe.

care to expand on this? like each pokemon is worth a certain TM? it randomly gives you a TM? 

Let's say you have a ice beam/thunderbolt/thunder wave/brick break dragonite. For X amount of money, and NPC will take your pokemon and give you back the ice beam and the tbolt. that way, many useless pokemon that were trained before breeding, can be useful in some way.

I teach my mudkip EQ.
I give the mudkip to this person.
I get my EQ back but not my mudkip.

Is that how this works o.o?

That's what I was thinking.

Another thing is that this would allow people to TM grind by farming Pokemon that learn, let's say, Earthquake via level up. I honestly like the concept

Another thing is that this would allow people to TM grind by farming Pokemon that learn, let's say, Earthquake via level up. I honestly think this might be a good idea

It's a neat idea, but the idea of recycling the pokemon to get TMs? That's just odd to me.

Another thing is that this would allow people to TM grind by farming Pokemon that learn, let's say, Earthquake via level up. I honestly like the concept

they could make it so that if a pokemon learns the move by lvl, it wouldnt give you back anything.

they could make it so that if a pokemon learns the move by lvl, it wouldnt give you back anything.

It's impossible to determine whether a Pokemon learned a move via TM or level Up. What about the people who decided to teach their Dugtrio Earthquake via TM for in-game, and give it to this guy, only to not get anything in return.

It's impossible to determine whether a Pokemon learned a move via TM or level Up. What about the people who decided to teach their Dugtrio Earthquake via TM for in-game, and give it to this guy, only to not get anything in return.

This guy is right. But any of you have played pokemon mystery dungeon? There where tm that changed to "broken" or "opened" when you have used it.

Could something like that be implemented?

What if you bred TM moves onto a pokemon and then turned it in? This seems like something that could be exploited and that would be hard to implement - hard enough that it wouldn't be worth it

This. 

finding a way to assign a value to moves that were actually taught via TM would be too difficult to be worthwhile imo

even if they could differentiate betwen bred moves, tm learned moves, and naturally learned moves I would not like this.  If you use a tm make damn sure you want that pokemon to have it.

I will say the same once every TM is renewable without trading 

+1

I get what he is saying, and it makes perfect sense really. 

Allot of negative nit pickers around here.

It should not be that hard for them to set something up that can tell what moves are TM and which are learnt by leveling, if not, no harm in recycling a pokemon that learns say, light screen and have it exchangeable for that TM. 

Now that breeding is in I and others have TONS of pokemon that are now unusable, (we had to do ALLOT of alt runs to get the moves our pokemon have learned), so why not enable every one to strip the TM moves of the pokemon they wish to replace with bred ones. 

I REEEEALLLY like this idea.

This suggestion would've been good pre-update. With breeding, you can breed TM moves into more pokemon, and pretty much generate infinite TMs, which are used as a currency, which would inflate the market prices. And working around this would be way too much work for what it is worth.

So, my opinion on this is no.

It should not be that hard for them to set something up that can tell what moves are TM and which are learnt by leveling, if not, no harm in recycling a pokemon that learns say, light screen and have it exchangeable for that TM. 

Key words: set something up.

If its not already set up, then they have no way of knowing what TMs were already taught to which Pokémon before they set up something that tracks Tm learning.

Smeargle is a huge exploit here. Like others have said, it's not possible (currently) to tell if a TM is used or if the pokemon learned it. So, sketch earthquake onto a smeargle, and you can get infinite of any TM's, especially with breeding implemented. Infinite smeargle = infinite TM's.
Sorry about that, buddy. It doesn't look like it would happen.

Key words: set something up.

If its not already set up, then they have no way of knowing what TMs were already taught to which Pokémon before they set up something that tracks Tm learning.

Also, it'd be quite a huge task to "remember" what each Pokemon has learned. It's the same reason why the Relearner can't be used to teach Egg Moves, TMs, or Tutored Moves.

What about getting point when you recycle pokemon (based on pokemon and level) and collect them like the coin from casinò, then you can spend those point in something not renewable or cosmetic?

+1 Read this guy please. And with some limits for pokemon and ban for smeargle :P

• 3 weeks later...