[Denied]Appeals for permanent warning points.

There should be an appeal system for permanent warning points. My reasoning behind this is, I was given a permanent warning point for something that I don't feel was worth one. I pressed the buttons of a mod I'll leave unnamed for the sake of not hassling them, by breaking a rule that I was warned not to break via an email. I received a posting ban of like 6 hours and a warning point which I learned today was permanent. I don't think what I did warrants a permanent warning point. I took my slap on the wrist in good flavor and hold no hard feelings towards unsaid mod. But I would like an option to appeal the point seeing as I've "done the time" so to speak. I'm sure others might like this option as well, or they may not care, either way if we have an appeal system for bans we should have one for this.

All warning points should be permanent.  If you have been warned that point should forever be there to remind you of what you did and not to do it again, what good is a warning if it doesn't do that.

All warning points should be permanent. If you have been warned that point should forever be there to remind you of what you did and not to do it again, what good is a warning if it doesn't do that.

That implies that you can't "learn your lesson" without a permapoint. In some cases I could agree with it, but in mine I don't, and I'm sure there are other cases like mine where someone was just being facetious and ended up with permapoint.

I guess the lesson is taught and you won't do that again then. Don't add on to your one already permanent warning point.

why does it seem like everytime you post you oppose the OP. Not saying you arent entitled to your own opinion it just seems like you are being a jackass just for the purpose of being one.

I haven't opposed every op, I am sorry you feel that way.

[quote name="Munya" post="412793" timestamp="1372791747"]I guess the lesson is taught and you won't do that again then. Don't add on to your one already permanent warning point./quote]

And I won't, but I also don't think I should have to carry around this point. And to touch on what doc said, I know that this staff member doesn't have it out for me or anything, they've actually been pretty friendly and informative towards me even before they were staff.

What do these warning points do? You get banned after you get a certain amount?

5 warning points earns you a content ban. You can't post threads or reply to threads. You can continue to view the forums, makes statuses, like posts, etc. You may or may not be able to send personal messages.

Each individual warning point will usually also give you a content ban for x hours, usually 6-10 afaik

I got a warning point from some shitty old off-topic moderator who will remain anonymous. But I don't really care.

I got a warning point 7 months ago for a 1 line post that was removed back then. The post was a private joke between me and other user.

It sure is a good thing that we can't appeal those, right?

Yeah I kinda dispute the warning point I have... It was borderline acceptable imo but I hardly thought it was worth giving me a warning point. At most I figured a pm warning the post being removed/edited.

are you sure yours wont expire? because i had two and i dont believe it indicated when or if they'd ever expire but boom one day 1 of them suddenly wore off.(or the mod who issued it removed it himself? idk)

Mine expired when the issuer, a certain OT moderator, was demoted. Could be coincidental but idk.

I got a warning point 7 months ago for a 1 line post that was removed back then. The post was a private joke between me and other user.

It sure is a good thing that we can't appeal those, right?

IF private jokes can be found offensive they dont have any place on a public forum.

are you sure yours wont expire? because i had two and i dont believe it indicated when or if they'd ever expire but boom one day 1 of them suddenly wore off.(or the mod who issued it removed it himself? idk)

Yes, I was told by the issuer that its permanent.

I guess you should be able to appeal it because text can be misinterpreted. I would probably take screen shots at the time of the warning or have some evidence that way everyone can clearly see what happened and it's not just going by your word of mouth.

I only have one verbal warning so far (0 warning point). I'm not sure if that one counts anyway because it was weird. But I guess i'm pretty lucky considering madbro and fite have gone at it with me. I don't really take that stuff too serious though? I mean at the time I guess we are trying to put down one another but after it's over no one really cares too much? I think it's normal to have those squabbles in a forum sometimes. Actually if you arn't involved in the squabble it makes for good reading and can be quite comical. Someone should have a squabble besides me so I could read it and laugh when i'm having my morning breakfast. laughing is the best medicine. :)

Edited by Emlee
Please do not single out other players

I was sending PM to Squirtle twice... He just left conversation both times without giving any reply

I'd personally recommend to PM Kyu because he handles things like this really well and professionally. Any other Senior Game Masters will do too but I have not talked to them. Squirtle is meant for PMs if it's staff abuse or legal issues or else he will just leave if it's not those issues.

I'd personally recommend to PM Kyu because he handles things like this really well and professionally. Any other Senior Game Masters will do too but I have not talked to them. Squirtle is meant for PMs if it's staff abuse or legal issues or else he will just leave if it's not those issues.

Thanks for the tip :) will try next time with Kyu then

All warning points should be permanent.  If you have been warned that point should forever be there to remind you of what you did and not to do it again, what good is a warning if it doesn't do that.

[spoiler]

This is actually a fair point. Being a professional moderator, one of the biggest things you want is a paper trail. Not only would a permanent mark 'such as a warning point (which is a system that is quite common)' serve to remind those that required discipline that they done goofed, But more importantly, that same type of mark can be used to determine the intent of the user in future issues (ie: if someone has done nothing wrong before, a simple warning might be appropriate... whereas if they keep doing the same wrong things, and they are not getting the message, then stronger actions against the account in question might be required for them to get the message).

Additionally, with 'warning points', it allows the mods to do their job without feeling guilty for giving someone a ban; In most cases, if you receive X amount of warning points the bans/mutes/suspensions and other punishments are doled out automatically with no favoritism nor discrimination.

Thing to note: You can, with the system on these forums, give negative warning point, which forgive/remove the total count of the points (but not the log that they were given, actually the negative points are also logged too).

As with any type of moderation, if you have a complaint or feel like you were dealt with unprofessionally or inappropriately (as in a mod has a personal beef with you and is just flexing their god powers at you), then you should always speak up and try to let someone higher on the food chain know that something is not right... this not only will help you, but will also help the moderators do their job better.

[/spoiler]

tl;dr There already is a way to appeal for a removal of a (or technically 'the addition of a negative') warning point that was given unjustly. Contact a different mod and they should point you in the right direction.

Me and the mod don't have any issues and I feel like they're actually one of the few that do their job well. I just felt that a permapoint was a bit excessive for what I did, but I'm not gonna go over this mods head to another staff member just to get a point removed. So I guess if there are other ways of it being removed, /thread.