[Implemented] Flat Battle - Dragonite and Tyranitar

im actually one of the few people who uses (and succesfully I might add) sweepers in my 4v4 teams.. I know insane right.

Having played pokemon competitively on simulators im telling you tyranitar would ruin this metagame. Go watch a 100s tournament and tell me how many instances you see of a battle not including tyranitar. It will standardize everyones team

Dragonite im impartial about, I wouldnt mind either way

Tyranitar has soo much common weaknesses that I can't see it being that strong. It will surely be dominant, but it also gets stopped fairly well. Let's not forget that his powerful STAB Dark moves are hindered in this gen thanks to the Physical/Special mechanics.

And yes, Sandstorm is nasty, but it is counterable too. And without Focus Sash and with a sub-par speed, there aren't much things that a Tyranitar can stay in against (unless they're walls - he doesn't mind staying in on walls).

When you enter a battle, Pokemon above Level 50 would be temporarily "deleveled" to 50 for the duration of the battle.

I'd rather see it the other way around. Pokemon at 50 and above temporarily gets "leveled" to 100.

I prefer the numbers and the way EVs work there.

I totally support this otherwise, despite having leveled many 100s. (many useless ones ;_; )

Tyranitar and Dragonite gtfo (Tyranitar more specifically, fucking sand whores)

Im happy with my 50s the way it is, dont break it for the vast majority of people who enjoy it... not these few who want more people to play with.

sorry but that's not even a real argument >....<

Once this is, if it is implemented though, what is the purpose of leveling anything to 100 anymore?

for lvl 100 tourneys obviously

-

can't see a reason to do not inplement this

+1000

sweeping through e4 for easy money for example... i just like having pokemon at lvl 100 cause they feel somehow completed then

You only need a single pokemon for that, it doesn't even need to be 100, though it will eventually get there.

You only need a single pokemon for that, it doesn't even need to be 100, though it will eventually get there.

i dont think leveling to 100 is even the core of this discussion... who wants to level to 100 can, who doesnt want to doesnt. The matter is what happens with lvl 51+ pokemon (they loose a lot of their value as soon they aren't 50 anymore) and pokemon who find their fullstrength only with level beyond 50. So flat battles would be fine for all in my opinion... ppl who want their pokemon at lvl 50 and those who want to level them further :) also it would give dragonite and ttar etc. access to the current meta :)

i dont think leveling to 100 is even the core of this discussion... who wants to level to 100 can, who doesnt want to doesnt. The matter is what happens with lvl 51+ pokemon (they loose a lot of their value as soon they aren't 50 anymore) and pokemon who find their fullstrength only with level beyond 50. So flat battles would be fine for all in my opinion... ppl who want their pokemon at lvl 50 and those who want to level them further :) also it would give dragonite and ttar etc. access to the current meta :)

it is, level 100 would become pointless, no reason to go that far.  You'd take them to a level to get the moves or evolution you want and stop training them, might as well just lower the level cap at that point.

it is, level 100 would become pointless, no reason to go that far.  You'd take them to a level to get the moves or evolution you want and stop training them, might as well just lower the level cap at that point.

i dont get what is ur problem to be honest... It is still better to trait all pokemon equal from level 50-100 than having the problem that lvl 50 is the only thing that counts atm. and if someone who doesnt want to get to level 100 then he simply doesnt do this o_O ppl like me still would level them to level 100 , simply cause i want to use my competitive pokemon also in pve, not only train them one hour and then let them disappear in my boxes until one day they might get their chance in competitive tournament :O

That's how it works in the handhelds. Any player vs player battle is a flat battle. You level your Pokemon for different reasons (as stated above). I plan to get all of my utility Pokemon shiny and to 100 eventually. Competitors, on the other hand, will do fine at 50+

What was not surprising wasn't your lack of knowledge, but rather your stubbornness in swaying opinion after presented with a solid argument. 

Also, you only needed one Link Cable and they were $10 for the original Game Boy - I had to buy one myself at a Radio Shack when I was a baby.

I don't like it either. You can rather put your flat battles to 100 and have fun with full moveset there but leave 50s alone. I like the tier as it is, even with breeding implemented it wont change that.

Moonlight Umbreons and Espeons as well as Tyranitars and Dragonites is reasons good enough to leave it as it is.

If flat battles is optional and force you to go 100, then yes why not, it is your choice using something before it got all its moves for a 100 battle, your disadvantage. But 50s. NO. I don't care if Heracross get megahorn through breeding and really holding this out doesn't gain me as I got a Jolly Swarm Heracross with 31 atk 30 speed 29 hp 31 def 28 sp.def from the wild before breeding was implemented. I am not joking, I got this and other than breeding it is rather meh.