[Denied]Take Caterpie out of route 1 at night

Putting Caterpie in route 1 at night was a bad idea. You ruined 2 of the best ways to get speed EVs by making fishing the work of the devil, and by putting Caterpie in route 1. I have no expectation of you changing fishing back because the animation is sensible as it was part of the original games, but Caterpie in route 1 is annoying, inconvenient and senseless. It's not even like adding Caterpie there makes it more available. Caterpie is literally found in a grass patch that can be gotten to directly without any other necessary grass in between by being in Viridian Forest.

Bugs come out at night, it makes complete sense.  Just train there during the day if it bothers you that bad.

Caterpillars, butterfly caterpillars specifically, are diurnal and not nocturnal. Caterpie is in fact a butterfly caterpillar.

I said bugs, change it to some other useless bug for all I care.   And whos to say all caterpie actually evolve into butterfree, there is much to the pokemon world that is not explained.  New evolutions are given for things pretty much every game.

Regardless of that though it isn't hurting anybody. Days last long enough to get trained before night comes around and caterpie isn't a difficult thing to run from.

I said bugs, change it to some other useless bug for all I care.   And whos to say all caterpie actually evolve into butterfree, there is much to the pokemon world that is not explained.  New evolutions are given for things pretty much every game.

well weedle is the only other bug known to be indigenous to the area, and isn't based on a diurnal animal so i think it should be made weedle.

also weedle gives speed EVs. they can make it more sensible, more convenient, and prevent diglett genocide all in one little switch. 

Or you could switch to Diglett Cave.

I'm there right now, and i'm sick of magnitude 10 wrecking my shit, which is what inspired this post.

Leave it caterpie, I would prefer not getting poisoned while I am grinding to fight gary on alts. Especially not to be poisoned before I can buy antidotes at the pokemart.

might be the worst excuse i've ever seen...seriously you're worried about getting poisoned, on an alt run?

anyways support although i doubt they'll take em out just to accommodate speed ev'ers

no, you can't make that super convenient, because then it will make some other totally obscure aspect a tiny bit inconvenient

ftfy

might be the worst excuse i've ever seen...seriously you're worried about getting poisoned, on an alt run?

anyways support although i doubt they'll take em out just to accommodate speed ev'ers

at this point i have given reason why it shouldn't be there during night at all just due to real life logic, since caterpillars of butterflies are diurnal anyway, and wouldn't even be found outside at night.

You cant buy antidotes until you have delivered oaks parcel.

you fight your rival before you can even get to route 1. and the pokecenter exists.

and you're the one who suggested some other bug be put in. no other bug makes sense. 

why not something like Zubat. Bats go outside at night, aren't too far off in the game, and stick to the speed EV trend. 

And running from Weedles is harder than running from Caterpies?

Caterpie won't poison you if you fail to run.

you fight your rival before you can even get to route 1. and the pokecenter exists.

and you're the one who suggested some other bug be put in. no other bug makes sense. 

why not something like Zubat. Bats go outside at night, aren't too far off in the game, and stick to the speed EV trend. 

If no other bug makes sense, stick with caterpie.

Caterpie won't poison you if you fail to run.

If no other bug makes sense, stick with caterpie.

caterpie makes the least sense.

and how about maybe we just don't put some extra pokemon there just for the sake of some new mechanic? i don't see why there HAS to be some new thing sitting on route 1 just because it's night time on the in game clock. sure it's nice to have some new pokemon some places, but this pokemon makes no sense, and is nothing but a bother.

It is a bug. 

It is easy to kill and doesn't pose much threat to the new player.

Makes perfect sense to me.

it is a bug based off of a diurnal creature, and it is coming out at night. it being there serves no actual purpose. it makes no sense at all to me.

Leave it caterpie, I would prefer not getting poisoned while I am grinding to fight gary on alts.  Especially not to be poisoned before I can buy antidotes at the pokemart.

19ed4da140d1e6cefcc8f50cbb35e6efea0a0c64

You're being a kid about this, I dont see why the hell they did that since it doesnt even make any sense, Why move them down a route when you can get more of that pokemon the next route, I like to start ev training at low levels and randomly spam my A button(Z button) while hearing music, I dont wanna stop my mindless boring grinding to make sure that i don't kill some green bug that fucks my shit up.

all my +1 SilverSilver Approves