[Implemented] BikeMMO - Methods of Altering the Current Breeding System

while i dont think breeding should be easy, i dont think thats what a lot of people are complaining about. its just the ridiculous amount of time needed to hatch an egg

This.

I shouldn't be "playing" PokeMMO by making my window as small as possible and finding something interesting to watch while keeping half an eye on my screen to check whether I hit the other end of cycling road yet.

This.

I shouldn't be "playing" PokeMMO by making my window as small as possible and finding something interesting to watch while keeping half an eye on my screen to check whether I hit the other end of cycling road yet.

I don't know why people are complaining about hatch times, but I'd suggest making it twice as fast as the handhelds and nerf the shit out of IV inheritance. Nature inheritance is the only thing that looks proper, right now.

Wait, wait, wait. Fuck that Snorlax example.

VhSi78W.png

Well the system is debatable, but in general the system has been received quite well due to that now 6 ivs can be inherited. But when you need to get egg moves, natures and right genders. It still takes way too much time.

Snorlax is easy to breed once you got a good male one, I agree. But a lot of other stuff now takes too much time when you have to crossbreed for moves etc etc.

Well the system is debatable, but in general the system has been received quite well due to that now 6 ivs can be inherited. But when you need to get egg moves, natures and right genders. It still takes way too much time.

Evidently it doesn't take too much time if he's getting shit like that after less than 2 days.

Evidently it doesn't take too much time if he's getting shit like that after less than 2 days.

He is not crossbreeding thigs ike I am atm with low encounter rate% pokes, try to get a good female nature lectabuzz for example(farming and breeding wise). Shit will take you weeks. Ofcourse it is a bit overpowered when you find whatever you need. Then you can start massproduction those ivs. But those hatch times prevent u from crossbreeding because u need to keep hatching before you get the next right chainbreed. With the hatchtimes now it will take me atleast another 2 weeks before I get the electabuzz I want

I had to breed my female Togepi with a Ditto to get a male, level'd it to 29, bred that with a Pikachu, level'd the resulting male Pichu into a Pikachu, bred that with a female Vaporeon. Not sure what you're going for on your Buzz, but Cross Chop didn't take me long.

I had to breed my female Togepi with a Ditto to get a male, level'd it to 29, bred that with a Pikachu, level'd the resulting male Pichu into a Pikachu, bred that with a female Vaporeon. Not sure what you're going for on your Buzz, but Cross Chop didn't take me long.

Hitmonchan to machop, fire and icepunch. Level the machop to lvl 40 to get crosschop. Breed the machop with a electabuzz. Now I got 2 elekids with the moveset I want, now I need to either find a hasty one through breeding or farming with 25% on it being a female and then start spamming eggs for high rolls on ivs and hasty nature. And then I can spam everstone and maybe in 202x I will have my electabuzz, happy? With this hatch time i wont be finished anytime soon

Well, he did make this https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/12032-comprehensive-breeding-guide-complete-almost/

So I would assume that he knows what he's doing.

Gonna have to remove/edit this part

Is Breeding Detrimental to the Economy, Competitive Scene, or Any Other Aspect of PokeMMO?

Quite simply, no it is not. The most common concern I've seen on the forums regarding breeding is that it would make high grade Pokemon too easy to obtain. Other than the fact that this is what the end game meta should be like (eventually), I have to point out that it is strongly exaggerated. Yes, it is much more likely you will find a good Pokemon via breeding than you will catching wild Pokemon. Yes, it is true certain Pokemon can be obtained faster via Breeding than catching. However, there are (and hopefully will be more) reasons to catch Pokemon instead of breeding them, especially the obvious reason: breeding. You see, breeding and catching aren't two sides of a coin. They are more like the Mill and River. The River (catching) supplies the kinetic energy which is manipulated by the Mill (Breeding) to create electricity (Pokemon).

But isn't Breeding Overpowered? I Can Make X Amount of Y Pokemon and Flood the Economy.

Yes, you can, but you're going to spend months and months doing that for just one type of Pokemon. Once you finish reading my guide and understand the process a little better, you will see that it isn't just "get good Ditto, breed with Aerodactyl, sell amazing Aerodactyl babies". It's a huge time investment which should be rewarding to the player who chooses to invest that time. That's how MMOs work.

Can't Breeding be Used to Obtain Perfect Pokemon Easily?

Not easily. In fact, not at all. Hatchlings only inherit up to 3 of their IVs from their parents. A 'perfect' Pokemon has at least five IVs with 31 and in many cases all six need to be 31. Of course, you can still make Pokemon with their crucial two or three stats maxed out, but this still requires a great deal of time, experience, and luck. All in all, breeding will only improve the stability of competition and give many players a new and challenging method of creating competitors.

It's a huge time investment which should be rewarding to the player who chooses to invest that time. That's how MMOs work.

That's how MMOs work.

Hitmonchan to machop, fire and icepunch. Level the machop to lvl 40 to get crosschop. Breed the machop with a electabuzz. Now I got 2 elekids with the moveset I want, now I need to either find a hasty one through breeding or farming with 25% on it being a female and then start spamming eggs for high rolls on ivs and hasty nature. And then I can spam everstone and maybe in 202x I will have my electabuzz, happy? With this hatch time i wont be finished anytime soon

Ah, see, I'd avoid species with baby Pokemon. Any time you want to replace a generation, you need to level them. Also, the chain breeding process couldn't have taken more than two hours.

Gonna have to remove/edit this part

I know perfectly what you are trying to say, the fact that 6 ivs can be inherited is too op in your eyes. But the chances of high ivs getting inherited are still pretty low (2.5 - 5%).

Your theory does apply on the snorlax and eevee, because that are pokes that have been so overused in this game that it is not hard to find suitable breeding components for it.

But on the otherhand it is now a hell to find good breeding material with low encounter rate pokes,so in some way it is not balanced.

Pokemon will disobey you 100% of the time (instead of 75%) so it's now impossible to do a speedy alt run with a level 100. You now need to transfer several Pokemon at different level tiers because of this.

Ah, see, I'd avoid species with baby Pokemon. Any time you want to replace a generation, you need to level them. Also, the chain breeding process couldn't have taken more than two hours.

The process does take quite some time because I need to keep waiting for the offspring, and now I got 2 elekids, need to level the one with the highest ivs to level 30 because it other way takes fucking forever to get an egg because the parents dont like each other. Elekid also have a hatchtime of 10k steps plus. So after I would take the elekid to 30, then things will start to speed up a little. I would have to fight the odds and try to get a female hasty buzz and then maybe I can get what I really want. This is why I personally am complaining about the hatch time, 90% of the time im not doing jackshit on the game if you start a chain breed on a low percentage % like electabuzz

my suggestion is: dont reduce the amount of steps but make it possible to hatch them with time(bad explanation, what i mean is reduce the amount of steps by 10 for each minute the egg is in the team for ex)

this prevents the brainless cycling and you can do something else aswell(hunting/training/..)

+1

more time in your party --> less steps you will need

or a holding item that could pass power to the EGG o.o haha

As this is Suggestion Box please remember to stay on Topic and don't post low "content posts/not explanation".

If you're unsure if you're posting something low content then ask yourself if you're adding to the discussion and/or if you're explaining yourself. 

• 3 weeks later...

my suggestion is: dont reduce the amount of steps but make it possible to hatch them with time(bad explanation, what i mean is reduce the amount of steps by 10 for each minute the egg is in the team for ex)

this prevents the brainless cycling and you can do something else aswell(hunting/training/..)

I will use your suggestion of time as base for mine:

And if the current breeding system change of steps for time? Instead reducing 10 steps for each minute, the steps could be traded for time, extinguishing the bike system. Right now, for breed a certain pokémon, we need a exactly amount of time, but we need walk in the game for this. For example, hatching a Eevee egg cost 30 min (I am using a example, I don't know the exact time) walking in the Bike Road, so the time for expect the egg could be 30 min.

We could hatch while breed. We could actually play the game, instead doing what DoctorPBC showed in the OP (I particularly like watching things while pressing the keys). 

Blah blah time based

I actually suggested this on the breeding mechanics topic. But I'm starting to think of it a little more seriously. One of us should make a new thread for it.

Frankly, in addition to the brilliant points you listed, I think it would be really goddamn neat not to have to pace around and to still be able to hatch my eggs. It's a little more... realistic... well, that ain't the right way to put it, but it's better! :D

I actually suggested this on the breeding mechanics topic. But I'm starting to think of it a little more seriously. One of us should make a new thread for it.

Frankly, in addition to the brilliant points you listed, I think it would be really goddamn neat not to have to pace around and to still be able to hatch my eggs. It's a little more... realistic... well, that ain't the right way to put it, but it's better! :D

But I posted here because I know some mod will lock and link this thread, because they think all the suggestions are the same. So I won't even bother.