[Implemented] BikeMMO - Methods of Altering the Current Breeding System

Key word is can. Breeding is 99% RNG right now. If you have 2 Pokemon with all 31 IVs, you need to roll near max for every stats for it's offspring to have all 31s. Depending on the nature of the parents, you have an increased chance to roll 31 in 2 stats at most. Natures and Abilities are still a crapshoot. Please tell me how I can "work" the system.

EDIT: In addition to this, you have to run around for 30 minutes just to see if you pokemon passes these criteria. If they don't, you have to wait another 1-2 hours to get 5 more eggs to hatch.

Catching is 100% RNG, so I don't buy that breeding is 99% RNG. Especially since oh look at that, you can increase the chances of getting a certain nature from 1/25 to 1/4. And if pokemon have the same IV in a stat (Or at least close to the same IV) they have an increased chance of the offspring inheriting that IV. Then factor in the nature bonus (Which trust me, is nothing insignificant). Then keep in mind that potentially all 6 IVs could be passed from parents. Then factor in the odds or rolling a natural 31. Then the fact that you can pass moves which pokemon normally couldn't get through catching.

Now factor in how the "too many steps to hatch an egg" is a bug which will likely be fixed. Then factor in how much faster it will be when flame body is added.

Please, try telling me that breeding sucks and you would be better off just catching wild pokemon.

If anything go complain to Masuda about how "terrible" breeding is. Because this system is way more forgiving than his.

And if you apply the correct bonuses to breeding (Natures, everstone etc.) it is much faster to recieve a good Pokemon of that species than it is to find it is in the wild.

How is it faster? I can get x amount of encounters per hour in the wild but only 5 per 1-2 hours through breeding. Playing the system isn't helpful if you are only getting an average of 3-5 encounters per hour. If I wanted to go hunt a good Rattata, for example, I could stroll down to Route 1 and encounter hundreds of Rattatas before I found the perfect one. This would probably take 1-2 hours. With breeding, it's a chance I get a good one, based on inheritance rolls, of getting 1/5 that's good in 1-2 hours.

Now factor in how the "too many steps to hatch an egg" is a bug which will likely be fixed. Then factor in how much faster it will be when flame body is added.

Based on how updates have been rolling out, this won't happen for another 6 months.

How is it faster? I can get x amount of encounters per hour in the wild but only 5 per 1-2 hours through breeding. Playing the system isn't helpful if you are only getting an average of 3-5 encounters per hour. If I wanted to go hunt a good Rattata, for example, I could stroll down to Route 1 and encounter hundreds of Rattatas before I found the perfect one. This would probably take 1-2 hours. With breeding, it's a chance I get a good one, based on inheritance rolls, of getting 1/5 that's good in 1-2 hours.

I'm going to have to refer you to Giygas post for this one.

Well the idea is that it gives you a chance to do other things whilst waiting for eggs to be concieved.

Although that works too.

It's better than having it be based on steps also, like it is in FireRed.

Oh I definitely don't mind the conceiving (sorry couldn't resist) system at all, I quite like it. 

Might it have been a good idea to delay the 1.5x steps to hatch until Flame Body/Magma Armor were implemented though? I understand we should be patient to wait for them to be implemented, but shouldn't some patience have been shown on the other side as well when it came to increasing the number of steps needed to hatch?

holy shit this whole community is full of whiners. You guys bitched about not having an update for a whole three months, and I've seen bitching about not having breeding since september. Now you have both. Did you really think an MMO was just going to make it quick and easy for you to breed godlike pokemon? it's been one fucking day and all i've seen are people complaining about the way they made the system.

news flash: no one cares. If you are that bored that all you want to do is whine to the devs and staff of an independent, unfinished pokemon online game, then i think you have some serious issues you should be more worried about than "oh i have to take more steps than in the original game"

Finally, if nothing I've said has gotten through to you, perhaps you should play a different game so that you don't have to come here and cry every single day..

Rant over

Oh I definitely don't mind the conceiving system at all, I quite like it. 

Might it have been a good idea to delay the 1.5x steps to hatch until Flame Body/Magma Armor were implemented though? I understand we should be patient to wait for them to be implemented, but shouldn't some patience have been shown on the other side as well when it came to increasing the number of steps?

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/24665-pokemmo-breeding-mechanics-2562013-release/?p=401739

It may happen in the future however.

holy shit this whole community is full of whiners. You guys bitched about not having an update for a whole three months, and I've seen bitching about not having breeding since september. Now you have both. Did you really think an MMO was just going to make it quick and easy for you to breed godlike pokemon? it's been one fucking day and all i've seen are people complaining about the way they made the system.

news flash: no one cares. If you are that bored that all you want to do is whine to the devs and staff of an independent, unfinished pokemon online game, then i think you have some serious issues you should be more worried about than "oh i have to take more steps than in the original game"

Finally, if nothing I've said has gotten through to you, perhaps you should play a different game so that you don't have to come here and cry every single day..

This.

Lol at people who thought this was going to be fun and enjoyable. Get your heads out of your asses. Its harder than farming and takes the fun out of things. You should have seen this coming both the devs and the people that wanted and now complaining about it. Egg move tutors were the better option.

Darkshade, the difference between breeding here and breeding in fire red is that with flame body+NORMAL amount of steps i can hatch around 20-30 or more pokes(depends on egg+cycle) per hour While here i can hatch 5 or a lil bit more per hour-2 hours(depends if i get lucky with the eggs, using ludicolo from diff ot+mine to breed with ludicolo). 

Saying that me and Franklero should get off our high horse is flame. And I am just frustrated that most of you complain complain and whine and whine. Breeding wasnt going to be easy. Atuan said it. It takes time, and people here are impatient to have their godly pokes. Obviously the breeding system isnt perfect, but its their first try, instead of giving them shit and saying fix it and acting like little kids just wait. They know about the gender issue, but what they dont know is how to improve it. All I have seen is complaining about it. You unlike others actually gave a couple of suggestions with Magma Armor and Flame Body, but others are like "reduce the amount of steps, takes hours to breed 1 poke". Its an MMO, its supposed to be challenging.

Edited by Emlee

Saying that me and Franklero should get off our high horse is flame. And I am just frustrated that most of you complain complain and whine and whine. Breeding wasnt going to be easy. Atuan said it. It takes time, and people here are impatient to have their godly pokes. Obviously the breeding system isnt perfect, but its their first try, instead of giving them shit and saying fix it and acting like little kids just wait. They know about the gender issue, but what they dont know is how to improve it. All I have seen is complaining about it. You unlike others actually gave a couple of suggestions with Magma Armor and Flame Body, but others are like "reduce the amount of steps, takes hours to breed 1 poke". Its an MMO, its supposed to be challenging.

You telling people they are acting like little kids and calling them whiners is you making it sound like you are better than they are, ergo you being on your high horse. Just calling it like I see it, no flaming here. You can air your frustrations without calling people names.

challenging, not boring.

I have destroyed your entire post

The point im trying to make is that you have turned something that should be fun, enjoyable and while it should take some time.

Firstly, if you say 'you have turned something into', is is a good idea to say 'what' it got turned into. But that is just me being a grammar hitler.

So lets see if I got this right... day 2 after breeding is implemented, you do not have all the pokemon that you wanted, so it 'should have' been made 'easier'...

I really hope the devs have more sense than to make breeding any easier.. I think it is way too easy as it is...

Remember, good games are about challenge, and accomplishment. What you propose removes both.

You might not like this (see next picture), because it is too 'hard' and takes too long to beat and to get that feeling of satisfaction:

Rubiks-Cube-psd72764.png

But what you propose it tantamount to making is this:

rubik_white.jpg

The latter might be rewarding at first (Oh look at that... you won the game with very little effort), but since there is no challenge, there is no fun, and once you win what reason is there to keep playing... and if they change the game to make it easier, then that will ruin it for people that like a good challenge, and those that want to be the best pokemon trainer in the world...

I mean, people can take a colored cube and dedicate their lives to being as pro as possible with it, and compete against other 'pro players'.... And that is solely because it is a wee bit challenging and not everyone can do it.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQB7EbfqSk

I don't know about you, but I am impressed with their skill and dedication to learning how to do that... just imagine the same thing with the white cube example above... I might be slightly less impressed.[/spoiler]

Sure snorlax cycle times are long (which is what I am 100% sure of you are complaining of... almost everything else is pretty manageable I have found), but it is a crap ton quicker than making a new account and getting the pokeflute... I think it is a good balance as it is (if not all the times should be increased, or some other level of complexity added; I literally have like 20 togepis now... shit is crazy... I am thinking about invading a neighboring country with my army of togepis... soon....).

I say, welcome a good challenge. I say, thank the developers for not just 'giving you want you wanted without making you work for it'. I say, Enjoy the game and its complexities and challenges even if you find it 'boring'. I say, patience and dedication make all hard to obtain goals that much more rewarding. But hey,... what do I know...

tl;dr I respect where you are coming from, but frankly, I disagree with you on a fundamental level (mostly because game development is sort of my job... so I spend a long time researching and thinking about these types of things; So I think we both are looking at the problem at hand from two different angles).

Based on how updates have been rolling out, this won't happen for another 6 months.

Ahhh I wouldn't be so sure of that. My guess is that the game will be updated after a week or two, but it would mainly contain bug fixes. After that, then I don't know. But considering breeding is a big thing, they can start focus on something easier as I would like to call it.

You telling people they are acting like little kids and calling them whiners is you making it sound like you are better than they are, ergo you being on your high horse. Just calling it like I see it, no flaming here. You can air your frustrations without calling people names.

I wasn't, its just childish to see people who wanted breeding from the start and now complain about it. Doesn't mean I am on a high horse, means that people which are complaining should come up with suggestions like you did instead of complaining.

challenging, not boring.

I have destroyed your entire post

Come up with an idea that is less boring but still challenging, then you have destroyed my post

This update staff tried to balance the economy by making things harder to get or to do.

- no more alt runs.
- fishing animations.

I understand it is to balance certain things. You created a hype with breeding, what I would assume is that staff would like to see players to appreciate and like the system.

I don't see why it would be a problem to lower the eggcycles or make ditto move passable. The only legit reason I can think off would be the amount of data and whether that can be handled or not, besides that I dont see why it wouldnt be possible to do what we want to see to happen.

And yes people can keep saying how this is a mmo and not a singles player game, but I suppose everyone wants a more smooth and meaningfull game, putting the effort and time itt now takes to breed the things you want is simply not worth it.

If im not mistaken, there will be some bugfix patch, why not either lower the egg cycles or make ditto move passable in that patch, Then is everyone happy and we can move on staring at eggs all day, but then we atleast know it will be much faster than the current system

And to finish things off, I know that devs dont like to reverse the things they already decided on, but please listen to us once and change the eggcycle thing as fast as possible.

All in all, it's kind of shitty. The Ditto I spent months catching are nearly worthless. The methodology behind the breeding system wasn't changed, it was removed. You've created a tool that is insanely boring and much, much, much more powerful. 

This is after one day:

xuHM5w4.png

How did I get this? I played DotA for a few hours while collecting eggs from two decent Snorlax (completely skipping several steps in typical breeding). I replaced the parents three times each and this was one of the resulting eggs. Then I played Zelda while hatching the eggs. I now have many high IV'd Curse/Shadow Ball Snorlax that can all be competitive. This should have taken about a week, or a couple of days with good luck. 

You made breeding more boring, time based (unable to work harder for faster breeding), and way too fucking powerful.

I don't think eggs take long to hatch, to be honest. I think it's just right for balancing purposes. However, the way eggs are laid is ridiculous. I'm not even playing the game anymore. You can't use Ditto or other 'Mon within the egg groups because it takes around 1-2 hours to get an egg.  The easiest part of the process has become the hardest, and the hardest part has become the easiest. Who the breed actually thought this was a good idea? I warned you about this when it was explained to me months ago.