[Implemented] BikeMMO - Methods of Altering the Current Breeding System

As uMadBrah and Plague so efficiently put it

The 50% extra eggcycles is just unreasonable. the only thing im doing ingame is talk to some old dude asking for eggs and bike up and down. I thought I was playing pokemon and not training my fingers to press the up and down arrow key 90% of the time

We tried this argument with the game corner and it didn't work then, I've given up. Would have been nice if they waited for Flame Body before increasing the steps for hatching at least, but alas.

This is my current setup, this is not what I call playing an MMO.

Blarg_zpsd32e970e.png

The point im trying to make is that you have turned something that should be fun, enjoyable and while it should take some time. It should not involve me having to cycle up and down the cycle path while I actually do something else enjoyable.

It is not enjoyable, isnt that the whole point with games. People are already starting to see the obvious flaws with this and eventually more and more will just get fed up with it.

Solution: Dont fuck with breeding, a staff member said a while ago you were going to try and stick to the original games as much as possible. What the fuck is this then.

Who cares if people get some really good comps earlier than you planned for, the whole point of POKEMON is to capture, battle and trade. So what does it matter that everyone gets a comp they really want in a week. It just means better things for the game and I honestly dont believe you nimwits even tested this shit... making this game a grindfest will not keep people... it will deter them to other things.

Why is this in suggestions: because its a suggestion to fix breeding whenever you roll out that next patch that will fix the reverse gender icons... include a fix in there because its been one day and im sick of it already. Im sure others are aswell.

Rant over

As we've said multiple times before, Flame Body/Magma Body are going to be implemented, please be patient and wait for them.

There is a chance that we may lower the default egg cycle time, however that likely won't be until a later patch.

Breeding has been out a total of 2 days, and were still in alpha.

In addition to this;

Ehmmm how do you think it was in the original games. Less steps yeah, but essentialy the same.

^

The only difference is IV inheritence is modified to fit an MMO environment, and natures can assist in the process.

^

The only difference is IV inheritence is modified to fit an MMO environment, and natures can assist in the process.

It's also a more powerful and potent system than the original if you know what you're doing and put thought into each generation of breeding.

It's also a more powerful and potent system than the original if you know what you're doing and put thought into each generation of breeding.

Yep, it's hard to get the ultimate Pokémon but if you want a very decent one. It will be much easier than in the original games.

Catching was just as frustrating and difficult and typically yielded worse results than this. You are just annoyed because your expectations are unrealistic for an MMORPG. This isn't a single player game.

my expections for a game is for it to be fun and enjoyable, and while I get alot of enjoyment from other aspects of the game this one severely detracts from my overall expectation of what a game is.

Yep, it's hard to get the ultimate Pokémon but if you want a very decent one. It will be much easier than in the original games.

There is nothing wrong in making it hard to get good pokemon, like nothing succeeds at first attempt anyway. However there are a lot of opportunities to make some great comps, but definitely not worth the time they want us to put in it.

Catching was just as frustrating and difficult and typically yielded worse results than this. You are just annoyed because your expectations are unrealistic for an MMORPG. This isn't a single player game.

100% correct. Pokemon is RPG game (or at least it was) so you should expect farming all day/night to get something you like/want.

However, flame body will help to reduce that boring time spent on bike ....

Right now, the only reason for breeding is for egg moves. If you wanted a good, comp pokemon, you're better off just hunting it in most cases. However, if you want a good comp with egg moves, you have to endure this grind-fest.

Not at all, breeding is faster and more rewarding than wild Pokemon catching in most cases.

You just need to learn how to work the system.

Lolwut darkshade? If ditto was usable to pass down moves, i'd agree with you. But to get a good iv'd lotad with leech seed+synthesis i need: A calm natured female lotad with great ivs(everstone) + A great iv'd male lotad with leech seed+synthesis(so if the male is chosen to pass down ivs, i dont end up with shit). So to get a good stall lotad i need: farm a good lotad with calm nature(takes same time as getting any other poke as dopest said) Breed this lotad with venusaur until i get good ivs+male-> have that lotad do the female until i get a good iv'd calm lotad(hopefully calm) with the moves. Takes way longer, IMO

Not at all, breeding can be faster and more rewarding than wild Pokemon catching in most cases.

You just need to learn how to work the system.

Key word is can. Breeding is 99% RNG right now. If you have 2 Pokemon with all 31 IVs, you need to roll near max for every stats for it's offspring to have all 31s. Depending on the nature of the parents, you have an increased chance to roll 31 in 2 stats at most. Natures and Abilities are still a crapshoot. Please tell me how I can "work" the system.

EDIT: In addition to this, you have to run around for 30 minutes just to see if your pokemon passes these criteria. If they don't, you have to wait another 1-2 hours to get 5 more eggs to hatch.

Lolwut darkshade? If ditto was usable to pass down moves, i'd agree with you. But to get a good iv'd lotad with leech seed+synthesis i need: A calm natured female lotad with great ivs(everstone) + A great iv'd male lotad with leech seed+synthesis(so if the male is chosen to pass down ivs, i dont end up with shit). So to get a good stall lotad i need: farm a good lotad with calm nature(takes same time as getting any other poke as dopest said) Breed this lotad with venusaur until i get good ivs+male-> have that lotad do the female until i get a good iv'd calm lotad(hopefully calm) with the moves. Takes way longer, IMO

You're welcome to your opinion, but it is incorrect.

And you're looking for a good Pokemon AND egg moves, of course that will take longer, because at some stages you're cross breeding species and possibly egg groups.

And yet it is still more beneficial to breed than it is to catch wild Pokemon, assuming you're watching what you put into the daycare.

Key word is can.

Fix'd.

EDIT: In addition to this, you have to run around for 30 minutes just to see if you pokemon passes these criteria. If they don't, you have to wait another 1-2 hours to get 5 more eggs to hatch.

Or you could wait to receive 5 eggs and hatch them at the same time? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is what I've been doing, though it still involves a lot of idling.

Well the idea is that it gives you a chance to do other things whilst waiting for eggs to be concieved.

Although that works too.

It's better than having it be based on steps also, like it is in FireRed.