[Implemented] Remove Experience Gain from Four Island Day Care

Many players would not like to gain experience from the daycare due to the level 50 competitive bracket. It is inconvenient that one can't hold Pokemon in the daycare and do other things at the same time such as dailies. This is especially annoying since I would often like to check the IVs of a newborn without having to remove my Pokemon from the daycare. This only targets the level 50 bracket, which is the most popular competitive bracket. If people played 100s this would not be an issue, so I doubt it was a balance decision for breeding mechanics. 

My proposition is that the island 4 daycare is considered exclusively for breeding and does not yield exp to the Pokemon being held there. Players can use the route 5 daycare for all levelling purposes if they would like to use it. This way, we have a breeding mechanic that better suits the needs of PokeMMO players but still honors the handheld games.

EDIT: Since there does seem to be some desire for the experience gaining function of the island 4 daycare, maybe an alternative to consider is the option to disable the experience gaining feature when asking to hold the Pokemon in question. Please edit topic title accordingly.

Can't you just give Amnesia braces to your pokemon to prevent it from gaining EXP? Or does it even work when breeding?

Other than that, I like the idea.

Doesn't work that way. If you give amnesia brace to the Pokemon killing things, the daycare Pokes won't gain exp either. However, not everyone has access to amnesia brace and it prevents holding an amulet coin. I think this is a popular enough concern -- people won't want to have to use amnesia brace in this way.

Pros: You can breed without risk of levelling over 50.

Cons: If the exp for each pokemon in day care is 1 to 1 with the exp gained while levelling your normal pokes then we will lose the ability to gain 4x exp from each battle.

I'm gonna remain undecided on this.

This was initially put forward when breeding was being planned.

However it can still be avoided if you don't battle.

I created this thread to outline the inconvenience caused by being unable to battle due to the level 50 bracket and many people wanting to breed their comps without going beyond level 50.

Pros: You can breed without risk of levelling over 50.

Cons: If the exp for each pokemon in day care is 1 to 1 with the exp gained while levelling your normal pokes then we will lose the ability to gain 4x exp from each battle.

I'm gonna remain undecided on this.

the exp gain is that the daycare pokemon gain 60% of the exp gained in your pve battles and the pokemon that are actually involved in the battle get the normal exp

I fail to see the problem, I love it the way they have it. Take your poke out of the day care when you go do an E4 run if you don't want them getting XP. Otherwise, no XP gain from walking is a godsend, allowing us to breed basically forever without worry of losing moves or gaining levels, or if you DO want them gaining the XP, this is a lot more efficient method than walking ever was.

It is what people are complaining about, the exp they get.

Remove Experience Gain from Four Island Day Care

Obviously, but im referring to your statement, "if you want to breed a pokemon use one that you don't mind leveling." You do not have to level a pokemon when breeding. You only gain experience on day care pokemon when you gain experience in battle.

Obviously, but im referring to your statement, "if you want to breed a pokemon use one that you don't mind leveling." You do not have to level a pokemon when breeding. You only gain experience on day care pokemon when you gain experience in battle.

No, but its still relevant, if you want to kill things and get exp while breeding, use a pokemon you don't mind leveling in the daycare.  One of 4 solutions I can think of to there problem.

Another being amnesia brace if that works.

Not battling.

And just not breeding if they find it that big of an issue.

I fail to see the problem, I love it the way they have it. Take your poke out of the day care when you go do an E4 run if you don't want them getting XP. Otherwise, no XP gain from walking is a godsend, allowing us to breed basically forever without worry of losing moves or gaining levels, or if you DO want them gaining the XP, this is a lot more efficient method than walking ever was.

My post is not to say that I see the way it is currently implemented as problematic and I am appreciative of the mechanics that were decided upon. However, I think this is a further improvement that could be made to convenience players. Party management is annoying when handling multiple eggs and having to withdraw 2 Pokemon at a time from the daycare when all I want to do is kill 1 thing to narrow the IVs of my lvl1 Pokes. If you do this without withdrawing your Pokemon, you will eventually level, obviously. It's just easier this way and doesn't have any real negative repercussions.

also they do level even if you dont battle, this is what happened to me.

Snorlax Lv.53 [impish] HP[26-27] ATK[27-28] DEF[23-24] SATK[0] SDEF[24-25] SPD[7]

Leveled my godlax to lvl 53

happened to me too, one of my pokemon is now level 51...

also they do level even if you dont battle, this is what happened to me.

Snorlax Lv.53 [impish] HP[26-27] ATK[27-28] DEF[23-24] SATK[0] SDEF[24-25] SPD[7]

Leveled my godlax to lvl 53

wat

edit: also i support this, i dont like having to worry about forgetting i have pokes in there also if you've reach island 4 i dont think needing to gain exp is a concern for you