Egg Moves As TMs

deadlyloud

I like the whole idea of breeding but i feel it takes away from going out and catching your own pokemon. I feel like its gonna ruin the Trade Chat a little and make it a hassle. The egg moves should be made into TMs and put into the gamecorner for i say 6600-9999 and rename them EMs (Egg Machines instead of Technical Machines). This is my Idea to implement them as these "EMs" into the gamecorner.

It's something we may do, egg moves are a little different, we don't want to cut off breeding entirely.

In the current state of things there is little to no point in catching, either. Breeding is still a better and more reliable way to achieve good IVs, especially in rare Pokemon such as Scyther and Kangaskhan. Implementing egg move tutors will not render the process obsolete, if you ask me.

Honestly, I think that if steps are reduced and Magma Armor/Flame Body is implemented Egg moves won't feel like such a hassle.

Egg moves are the only type of moves that I think should be kept breeding only (Aside of course those who cannot breed and have egg moves).

Support. All the pre-existing comps that I've had are literally worth nothing now because of the implementation of egg moves in new bred pokes.

>Especially if they're male (which sums up the majority of them)

You're looking it at wrong though, they may be worthless in their own standard family tree.

But those moves they have might be able to breed onto something else, and since they have good IV's, that's even better.

Support. All the pre-existing comps that I've had are literally worth nothing now because of the implementation of egg moves in new bred pokes.

>Especially if they're male (which sums up the majority of them)

You're looking it at wrong though, they may be worthless in their own standard family tree.

But those moves they have might be able to breed onto something else, and since they have good IV's, that's even better.

i look at it the same way yoko, i traded around 6~ eggs in value for my current snorlax and 2 eggs in value for my current scizor

now i need those egg moves, they've become obsolete and its really disappointing. in hindsight i should've saved all my shinies for trading after breeding has been added but of course i couldnt have known when that'd be. if you add tms like curse, silver wind etc i'd be willing to straight up donate for them. 

I know you're a bit frustrated with breeding mechanics, but removing one of the two major purposes of it is kind of ridiculous. I spent a very long time preparing for egg moves and breeding in general. So have a lot of others. Doing this would make breeding ignored by a lot of players.

This would also make old competitors retroactively useful, which goes against the last 8 months of ALPHA bullshit we've all had to put up with and wouldn't be fair to a lot of people working on replacing their competitors. 

Well, here's a new suggestion.

Allow all the pokes caught prior to 6/24/13 to be taught egg moves via tutors or some other means

This would also make old competitors retroactively useful

Also, I don't really understand what you meant by "retroactively" useful. In this week or two, maybe. But after a month tops, the pokes that are being bred will easily be more powerful than most caught prior to the update because of the improving quality of egg parents.

Since breeding was just implemented a few days ago, there is a serious lack of competitive egg parents with desired egg moves. However, after a few weeks into the system, it should no longer be the case. That is the reason why I believe that my suggestion would have insignificant effect to the future market economy

Allow all the pokes caught prior to 6/24/13 to be taught egg moves via tutors or some other means

Sounds like a extremely unfair advantage over those who have to or have breeded for them since the update came out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.