[Denied]Introduce a consumable Amnesia Brace (Make LittleCups viable and not Pay2Win)

So, with the introduction of breeding, this opens way for LittleCups (for those who don't know, it's level 5 tournaments).

What this means is, since pokemon have a maximum of Level 5, this makes it so that EV training is EXTREMELY hard, not just because you need to take long to do the training, but because you can't overlevel them.

The Amnesia Brace makes this possible though. But this pops a little problem: This Amnesia Brace is worth 10$.

The suggestion: Make a consumable item, that disappears when you unequip it from a pokemon, and has the same effect as Amnesia Brace. Make it cost 1M Pokedollars, put it in Celadon.

One more money sink (and a huge one), possibility to have official Little Cups without it being pay2win and users that bought Amnesia Brace still get their own advantage while keeping it at a low pay2win level.

Everyone wins.

Discuss

This is a really good idea in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the price. 1 million is a lot. Say a tournament thread is posted for little cup, the tournament would probably be 2 weeks or so from then. To train a team of at least 4 pokemon for that would cost 4 million pokedollars. Using the elite 4 and island 5, with amulet you can make about 300k a day on average (island 5 girls once, elite 4 twice) That is less than a 12th of what is needed. Then even after you buy all your amnesia thingies, you still have EV training to do, which will likely call for vitamins, which is gonna be roughly 800,000 more pokedollars you're gonna want. That's about another 2 days. Not to mention the breeding you'll need to do for the pokemon wanted and this high egg hatching time, it'd take a good amount of time to get suitable pokemon for that alone. In total I'd say you're gonna need at least 18-20 days to prepare if the item were to cost that much. So I think a lower price would be reasonable on an item like this. I'd say about 250k each, making you need to farm a million pokedollars in total for a team of 4, would be ideal.

EDIT: And I don't think this would devalue the amnesia brace much because even at 250k, I personally hate money farming and the amnesia brace still seems like a much nicer alternative.

This is a really good idea in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is the price. 1 million is a lot. Say a tournament thread is posted for little cup, the tournament would probably be 2 weeks or so from then. To train a team of at least 4 pokemon for that would cost 4 million pokedollars. Using the elite 4 and island 5, with amulet you can make about 300k a day on average (island 5 girls once, elite 4 twice) That is less than a 12th of what is needed. Then even after you buy all your amnesia thingies, you still have EV training to do, which will likely call for vitamins, which is gonna be roughly 800,000 more pokedollars you're gonna want. That's about another 2 days. Not to mention the breeding you'll need to do for the pokemon wanted and this high egg hatching time, it'd take a good amount of time to get suitable pokemon for that alone. In total I'd say you're gonna need at least 18-20 days to prepare if the item were to cost that much. So I think a lower price would be reasonable on an item like this. I'd say about 250k each, making you need to farm a million pokedollars in total for a team of 4, would be ideal.

EDIT: And I don't think this would devalue the amnesia brace much because even at 250k, I personally hate money farming and the amnesia brace still seems like a much nicer alternative.

I just put a random value in those, to be honest, I too think 1M is too much, anywhere between 250-500k would be fair price, in my opinion. It should be something really valuable, to be fair, because it's something that other people paid real money for. And of course, should be untradable.

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, I am aware it's an advantage for those who has Amnesia braces, but is the difference really that big?

Well, considering that it would be 2-3 stat points in 20, I guess it does make a good difference.

Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, I am aware it's an advantage for those who has Amnesia braces, but is the difference really that big?

There is a big difference. Those who use the Amnesia Brace to EV train their Little Cup team will have a team of fully EV trained Pokemon while those who don't will only be able to use minimally trained Pokemon because they level up quickly.

Yes, having slower sweepers than other people at any time is a pretty big deal.

I like the idea, but 1 million it's toooooooooooooo much.

9999 coins, game corner

Yeah, no. People complain already about 4k and 6k TMs, do you really want to add another 9999 item there, with a flawed boring system which has no alternative?

At least with pokedollars you can farm the E4, the beauties, use Pay day...

1mil is doable, you can't leave those who did pay feeling ripped off.  As well as give a reason to actually purchase this, if they even do it.  I am unsure of how I feel about it myself, i am kind of leaning the same way I was on happiness aka not entirely fond of.

Like.png
Game corner prize... only if it were on the lower end of 1,500 - 2,500 coins.
9999? Get out.

I honestly think $250,000 would be fair. Anywhere between $250,000 and $500,000 would be ideal.
$1,000,000 is just silly.

[spoiler]For the record I own 2 Amnesia Brace.
I personally wouln't feel ripped off if the price was $250,000 poke$$$[/spoiler]

I disagree. 250k-500k Per little cup pokemon you wish to train is probably reasonable when considering just the item itself and it's use. But, considering there is a pay for item that is basically an unlimited version of this item(And making the game some extra money for that second server so many want), The farming for this money is ridiculous. In the given time, a player could EV train several level 50 pokemon instead without all that effort put into a consumable item.

The idea within itself to balance Little cup gameplay is a good one, no doubt about that. The item alone doesn't sound like it'd ruin the game in anyway. My concern is the pricing and the farming required to obtain it for each of the little tiggers you wish to EV train properly. Each way I see it, if it isn't high enough priced to require absurd amounts of money farming, than there is no reason to use the Amnesia brace or pay for it in the first place. If it's too high, than the Amnesia Brace remains the Pay-to-win item that it is. A price that keeps the integrity of the current item, but doesn't take forever to farm up, sounds impossible to me. Sorry =( 

• 1 month later...

How about one that only works for level 5 pokemon?

That could work. Level something to 5, EV train, then enter in Little Cups. The pay one can be used on everything which is a huge advantage outside of little cup, so it wouldn't be cheating. I don't like the idea of it being consumable though, since grinding is already making me stab my eyes out. Just make it fairly difficult to get.

Call it the Mini-Amnesia Brace, lol!

I'd definitely prefer the actual Amnesia Brace over it, but for those who dont want to "pay2win" it could be useful.