GB Sounds: Feed our nostalgia

iSmashbro

For those of you who are unaware, the 'GB Sounds' key item was introduced in Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver, and it reverted all of the remastered soundtracks back to GSC's glorious 8-bit soundtrack by mere toggle. Sure, having a Kanto-equivilent would require the implementation of more soundtracks (and more memory usage, at that)... But when you hear one of these 8-bit soundtracks, can you not stop whatever you're doing and think about what a great experience Pokemon has been... And with PokeMMO, what greater experiences await.

[spoiler]I remembered Gizmo's "Get to the point" remark, and scrapped 7 paragraphs of nostalgia manipulation and Pros & Cons[spoiler]You're welcome[/spoiler][/spoiler]

This is something that has been discussed amongst the staff, and it something we may do.

It is unkown to us yet quite how, and it is also not a priority.

But yes, maybe one day.

Couldn't you create a second song table for GB tracks and lump it into a patch for people to use, then create an item that tells the game which song table to collect the track data from?
I doubt that the item part is actually possible... but it'd be handy xD

the first part doesn't make sense, please clarify.

There is an item available in HG/SS called GB sounds, which allowed you to listen to the old tracks from G/S/C.

Therefore the generation II tracks exist in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

There is an item available in HG/SS called GB sounds, which allowed you to listen to the old tracks from G/S/C.

Therefore the generation II tracks exist in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

yes, but johto is not available in pokemmo/fr lg. so, i get what you mean, but i think we should get it from gen 1. if you can get a gb sounds from kanto in hg ss and a gen 1 example, then plese let me know.

yes, but johto is not available in pokemmo/fr lg. so, i get what you mean, but i think we should get it from gen 1. if you can get a gb sounds from kanto in hg ss and a gen 1 example, then plese let me know.

We already use HG/SS for Pokemon sprites, which is why I said if we ever have the ability to have GB sounds, it would be exclusive to those using a HG/SS ROM.

We already use HG/SS for Pokemon sprites, which is why I said if we ever have the ability to have GB sounds, it would be exclusive to those using a HG/SS ROM.

well, do they rip the gb sounds from gen 1 or gen 2? i think gen 2. i also think that gen 1 soundtracks would be better. but i just thought, would we keep the sevii islands the same?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.