PokeMMO Event Discussion: Summer Bash (July 7th, 2013)

Vigoroth  will be a nightmare

I'm aware, the Endure/Salac/Flail combo will be strong. And it can learn Shadow Ball for against Ghost pokemon. Priority moves is the charm.

I see no reason to ban it though. Unless there are a lot who think it should be banned.

Edit: Nvm, Endure is banned. Thanks to Freakiie for pointing that out.

I'm aware, the Endure/Salac/Flail combo will be strong. And it can learn Shadow Ball for against Ghost pokemon. Priority moves is the charm.

I see no reason to ban it though. Unless there are a lot who think it should be banned.

One paralyze and it will ruin the entire sweep. Or maybe toxic if you want to stall it to death somehow. Besides, some pokemon are bound to know quick attack, so it shouldn't be any major problems.

Eevee quick attack is the new meta I guess...........

Banned moves: Bide, Protect, Yawn, Endure and Dragon Rage

:unsure:

Except it's not usually on level 30's, with limited move pools and banned moves... It's a gimmick.

If so, then by your definition every tourney run here is a gimmick. Your argument of the limited move pools and banned moves is irrelevant to why only this tournament would be a gimmick.

Also I choose level 30 because then at least you can use them competetively for lvl 50 tourneys fully evolved.

Also, the word 'gimmick' doesn't refer to the rules of a tournament, but to a theme. And the theme of NFE is official.

Why Haunter it's not banned while Kadabra is?

I konw it has lower Sp.Atk and Spd, but its others stats are higher than Kadabra's, Also Haunter has a better Movepool than the little Kazam....In my opinion it should be banned as well. 

If Kadabra is banned shouldn't Haunter be banned too?

Why Haunter it's not banned while Kadabra is?

I konw it has lower Sp.Atk and Spd, but its others stats are higher than Kadabra's, Also Haunter has a better Movepool than the little Kazam....In my opinion it should be banned as well. 

Haunter doesn't have Special based stab moves, so it either uses it's special attack, with moves like thunderbolt, psychic and giga drain (not that overpowered), or it uses it's low attack stat for stab shadow ball and sludge bomb and perhaps an explosion.

And it can't really take a hit very well.

I am aware that the NFE tournament run in December had a lot of Haunters, and it was really powerful, but it's counterable.

However, If a lot of people think it should be banned I'm willing to consider it.

If so, then by your definition every tourney run here is a gimmick. Your argument of the limited move pools and banned moves is irrelevant to why only this tournament would be a gimmick.

Also I choose level 30 because then at least you can use them competetively for lvl 50 tourneys fully evolved.

Also, the word 'gimmick' doesn't refer to the rules of a tournament, but to a theme. And the theme of NFE is official.

And you're right, the pokemmo "meta" right now, is in fact, a gimmick.

You don't even have fully finished moves that are essential to competitive, a lot of mechanics aren't working as intended, which makes part of the pokemon extremely overpowered and with little to no counters (tip: it's wall pokemon).

When we do have implementation of much needed moves and changes in rules (Substitute, fixes in Protect and Endure, making tournaments 6v6, list goes on), only then, we will have a PokeMMO meta, that is different from any other because of the specifications of an MMO, but a finished and functional meta.

In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something "stand out" from its contemporaries.

In wikipedia.

Anyone that is used to tournaments with pokemon at level 100, in a 6v6 environment, with full access to moves and working moveset, will consider even the official PokeMMO tournaments, a gimmick.