PokeMMO Event Discussion: Friday Night Fifties (June 28th, 2013)

Kyu

The first friday night fifties was a shit show full of walls. give us atleast 6v6 semi finals/finals. preferable just 6v6 the whole tournament

It's been like that for the past 6 months. How come people only realise this now? Seriously, go pull a list of the teams/pokemon used by the winners of all official tournaments. You won't see anyone winning without running at least 2 out of 4 walls in a team, some even run 4.

This tournament will be no exception. It doesn't matter how much you predict, it doesn't matter how much the opponent screws up. As long as he has enough walls to switch out on you, and enough status moves to cripple all your team, you're going to lose eventually. No exception.

can you still use UU pokemon?

You should read up on how tiers work.

OU is anything goes, since there isn't any tier above it.

UU is a tier in which there is an OU banlist, which means, that you can't use pokemon from that list.

This means that in OU, you can use NU, UU and OU. In UU, you can use NU and UU. And in NU, you can use NU.

For each tier - one ban list of the tier above.

It's been like that for the past 6 months. How come people only realise this now? Seriously, go pull a list of the teams/pokemon used by the winners of all official tournaments. You won't see anyone winning without running at least 2 out of 4 walls in a team, some even run 4.

This tournament will be no exception. It doesn't matter how much you predict, it doesn't matter how much the opponent screws up. As long as he has enough walls to switch out on you, and enough status moves to cripple all your team, you're going to lose eventually. No exception.

We need 6v6 semis and finals. It will take 20 mins or so longer I guess, but will be worth it

At least semis and finals should be 6v6
The reason mods don't want it is because it takes too much time but as competitive players do we really care if we have to wait another 30 mins for something more fun? I surely don't care if I have to wait longer even if some retards decide to bring 4 walls (cough cough).
If mods say they don't want to spend more of their time to ref battles then they simply shouldn't be managing the community. You signed up to help better the community not to look cool with a cm tag

Just wondering why the thread has been locked, when it clearly says in the details that it "will not" be locked prior to registration? So what time prior to registration, will it be unlocked?

I simply forgot to change it over when we instated new Event Thread Discussion methods.