Did my life have room for a 2nd MMO?

Did I have time in my life to devote to another MMO after playing Final Fantasy XI for 8 years? Answer: Probably not. I had avoided WoW and basically any other MMO because I devoted /way/ too much time of "the best years of my life" by staying indoors and playing my silly White Mage. I said to myself "never again" both because I didn't have time /and/ I just didn't think it would be healthy, yet here I am. I found this MMO from a youtube "let's play" video and have been hooked for the last 24 hours. I don't think it will demand as much of my time as my last MMO so that's nice. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting and battling with some of you.

~

Aeonova

Did I have time in my life to devote to another MMO after playing Final Fantasy XI for 8 years? Answer: Probably not. I had avoided WoW and basically any other MMO because I devoted /way/ too much time of "the best years of my life" by staying indoors and playing my silly White Mage. I said to myself "never again" both because I didn't have time /and/ I just didn't think it would be healthy, yet here I am. I found this MMO from a youtube "let's play" video and have been hooked for the last 24 hours. I don't think it will demand as much of my time as my last MMO so that's nice. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting and battling with some of you.

~

Aeonova

I say, enjoy yourself and enjoy the time you spend doing things that you like. If you enjoyed your time playing, then you most likely had a more fulfilling life in contrast the majority of the public at large.

As far as the commitment of time, much like anything, that is up to the person playing; For me, I played nonstop for about a month straight, and now I enjoy loggin in an hour or two every other day or so. In contrast to most all MMOs I have played, this one has very little in the way of demand of time for it is all luck based. I did a similar 8 year dance myself with EQ2, so I know that feel ;_;7

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

• 2 weeks later...

Question and I don't want to make a new thread just for it.

I mistakenly made a team just to try it out, but it seems I can't disband it. Can GMs help or am I perma stuck with a team of one now?

...and banned for botting slots after 3 weeks. Was I? Oh yeah I was. *shrugs* I wish I could say that it was nice knowing ya, but I didn't really get to know anyone. The few people that posted on this page were nice though. There is such wave after wave of random jiggerish names and the overwhelming flood of the same questions over and over that i just kind of let it become a blur. I dunno how you mods do it.

In parting, one thing that I really wish I could have seen was mods that took care of the racists and bigots in the general chat more quickly. It did get better once that reporting feature was added. Some of those names were creating a horrible environment for a light-hearted video game. I know it's no single mods fault and I would have given up early on trying to stop them, but had I ever had a ban-hammer, I would have been ultra firm on the temp bans for being 'tarded like some of the people I saw that would get away with long rants. I know there is a block feature, and I ended up using it very often. It got to the point where I'd block someone on their first offense.

[b]Oh![/b] That reminds me. I never had enough posts on here to make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, but oh man. What I wouldn't have given to see a single word block feature that would not let an entire sentence show up if a single word or phrase that was on my personal block list was in the sentence.

Here are some things which I would have blocked:
Jumpeon, jump, jumpstone, jumpstone, bidoof, Bidoof, How do I, Where is, How Can I, What do I, google, Google, internet, look it up,

I'm sure there was more I had thought of, but as far as parting posts go that won't get read, you get the idea. I had made a drinking game up out of it. lol (but I never was drinking to it... or I would have died).

Wish I hadn't spent like 6 hours straight last night farming Chanseys. No egg, but still. Sad to get banned after legit-playing all friday night and chatting and helping with general questions and then get the banhammer overnight for stupid Mystery Box slots. *shrugs* I never had anything "good" in the game. Ended up with a few 5% hold items. That's about it. Pity we can't delete accounts. I kind of liked my name & may someday start again fresh.

Oh! That reminds me. I never had enough posts on here to make a suggestion in the suggestion forum, but oh man. What I wouldn't have given to see a single word block feature that would not let an entire sentence show up if a single word or phrase that was on my personal block list was in the sentence.

You have a bad word filter..?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time here.

Maybe you will come back in the future.

Could you pick what words you didn't want to see? Oh my! That would have been a game-changer. I'm thinking about coming back on an alt. I miss my name and my LV71 Brave Persian that was mah money maker. Really though the game actually encourages you to do more than one play through because that increases your chances of obtaining a random shiny. Once you get to end-game, I feel I spend a lot of time with Max Repel on and Fly'ing places so I don't run into as much of a chance of bumping into random critters as I did before. I'm just going to miss my name. It sucks coming up with something that hasn't already been taken.

I downloaded Pokemon Emerald 386 Hard Edition Beta 1.03, but am not sure if it was abandoned. I really loved Battle Frontier and training pokemon for it. My rl 386 caught cart was stolen when I had my stuff in a mutual storage unit so I'm always stinging over my loss of 7 Gold Frontier Symbol game where Nurse Joy actually said "You want the usual" or whatever it was. That's how I remember it. I dunno. The Pokemon 2013 Nationals are just in their first days so it's difficult for me to not be playing or paying attention to at least something pokemon related. /sigh

It's difficult to stay away. (_ _)