This isn't an introduction. It's a goodbye, and a welcome to new players.

Unit

Hello, PokeMMO players, new and old. I'm Unit. It's probably true that next to none of you know me, and that's fine. I've already accepted that.  I'm here to tell you about my experiences with the community, and how I see it now.

I would like to start off with the gameplay. The game has been an excellent reproduction of the original games. I joined back in October. There were no Elite Four, no Sevii islands, and a lot of people were just warming up to the game. I started not knowing not nearly as much as I thought I did about the game. Around the time I got my fourth badge is when I heard about EVs and IVs. I also had no idea people actually played competitively. I had my hardships, but people in the community never failed to help, thus, I made friends. A lot of people I won't soon forget. I had basically finished everything there was to do at the time, so I stopped playing. That is until a week ago.

I'll go ahead and say it felt really good to return to PokeMMO. I was excited to see and talk to my friends again. I waited for a long while before I realized they probably weren't coming back. So I went to make new friends on the channel I was known and loved on. Sure, I wasn't expecting a warm welcome. I knew none of these people knew who I was at all. Just another player. So it comes to today. Nobody was willing to help, be a friend, or be helped. People were not the way at all that was considered polite back when I was playing. When someone used caps, it was considered polite to say "Sorry for caps lock." It just seemed to be absolute chaos. That brings me to the reason I stop playing. 

I was not used to the way things are. I lost it when people started disrespecting me. I'm not a valued person to the community, and I get that now. Nobody wants me around. So forgive me for thinking I could get help. Forgive me for thinking I could help something. Forgive me for trying to help others, and maybe even earn a smidgen of respect. PokeMMO is not what it used to be. I know, I'll get some kind of grief for this, too. PokeMMO is not what it was when I joined. If I would've completely lost it, I would've left without warning. But I'm here to tell you something; things change. For the better, and for the worse. I am not writing this to give a bad review by any means. I'm here to say that here on PokeMMO, you're going to meet people you're not going to forget. You're going to have tons of fun. Sure, you're probably going to find someone you don't like, but that's why there's a block feature. What I'm trying to say is, stay a while. Changes for the better are just around the corner in the form of updates. You'll find yourself looking at a completely different PokeMMO in a few months. Stick with your friends here, and they'll stick with you. This game does get boring when nobody is friendly toward you. So be a friend, and earn one. And if you do leave, don't expect them to be there later. They might be! But they might not. I can assure you, I'm not going to be here later.

It has been fun. I'll miss the times I had way back when. They've made me a better trainer, after all. Your journey is probably just beginning, but mine is just ending. Good luck, future Pokemon trainers, and have fun.

- Unit

I'm just as lost as you are. This is so confusing.

You say "What I'm trying to say is, stay a while." and you are leaving... Why?

Because if you do leave and come back, the place isn't going to be the way you left it. Easier to take the changes gradually than all at once.

Because if you do leave and come back, the place isn't going to be the way you left it. Easier to take the changes gradually than all at once.

......................? I mean if you leave for a bit you just have to accept that not everyone will be here. It's just going to happen.

I see where you're coming from, Unit.

Nothing is the same as when I started playing and nearly all the friends I made when I first joined have quit.  A lot of the new players are less than mature and frustrating.  

I'm sticking around, though.  I enjoy it too much!  And I meet new people to be friends with all the time.  :3

I hope you find your way back here eventually.

lel I watched you leave, didn't think you were gonna post something on the forums

but srs some of the old regs come back occasionally, and *some* of the newer players aren't awful

I see where you're coming from, Unit.

Nothing is the same as when I started playing and nearly all the friends I made when I first joined have quit.  A lot of the new players are less than mature and frustrating.  

I'm sticking around, though.  I enjoy it too much!  And I meet new people to be friends with all the time.  :3

I hope you find your way back here eventually.

Well, I regret it. I don't want to leave, but every time I get on, I just want to get off. Nobody really appreciates me, and I just kinda feel discouraged. 

Well, I regret it. I don't want to leave, but every time I get on, I just want to get off. Nobody really appreciates me, and I just kinda feel discouraged. 

so do something to earn being appreciated? if you don't like one channel, try another. its a big game

so do something to earn being appreciated? if you don't like one channel, try another. its a big game

If one doesn't like me, not a lot of others will. Don't see why it would change.

Well take care if you decide to leave, Unit. Welcome back if you decide to stay. 

Thanks. It means a lot. :)