[IPS] Change the ingame music to 3DS(beta) / BW / GSC / RSE / RBGY! (Updated 28/10)

Music patches! You decide!  

249 members have voted

1. 1. What patch should I make next?

• Fire Red / Leaf Green music patch (Better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Diamond / Pearl / Platinum music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Heart Gold / Soul Silver music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Black / White / Black 2 / White 2 update + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • XD/Colosseum/Stadium (+ another game that will replace the unavailable tracks ) patch (For FR/Em)
    • Red / Blue / Green / Yellow compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Gold / Silver / Crystal compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald update (better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • I don't mind

...where is it? ^.^'

BW music patch v1.1A :)

Some of the BW music sound perfectly accurate on here, but some could use a bit of work. The gym music is missing a lead in the beginning which it could use, I am guessing you'll have to use a different channel to get it emulated. Other than that good work!

Yep that was because it was one of the first songs I made and there was one track channel that glitched, for the last songs (like the island songs) I used a slightly different technique which could correct this issue
I'm thinking of releasing a V1.2 and remaking the following tracks:
Pokemon center
Safari zone

Gym

Pallet town
Mt moon

Do you think any other tracks need to be redone?

Alright everyone, 

I quickly made and inserted the old 'Goldenrod city" track and replaced it by the current "Celadon city" track.

Then I applied some other patches like changing everything to 8bit version and made a video of it of how it will feel like:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRwCfplXBNk[/media]

What do you guys think?
Continue this music patch or leave and cancel it?

Yep that was because it was one of the first songs I made and there was one track channel that glitched, for the last songs (like the island songs) I used a slightly different technique which could correct this issue
Pokemon center
Safari zone

Gym

Pallet town
Mt moon

I was actually thinking those exact songs.

Alright everyone, 

I quickly made and inserted the old 'Goldenrod city" track and replaced it by the current "Celadon city" track.

Then I applied some other patches like changing everything to 8bit version and made a video of it of how it will feel like:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRwCfplXBNk[/media]

What do you guys think?
Continue this music patch or leave and cancel it?

Please continue :)

Please continue :)

Hmm and what songs release the most of the nostalgia feels?
What town/city music needs to be replaced by which GSC track?

Celadon city will be replaced by Goldenrod city

Cinnabar island will be replaced by ..

Lavender town will be replaced by ..

Cerulean city will be replaced by ..

Vermillion city will be replaced by ..

Viridian city will be replaced by ..

These are the only tracks I don't know with what I should replace them, also I won't replace them with the original GSC kanto themes, I prefer to use the Jotho themes because I'll release a RGBY patch too, later on, when I got enough time :)

Pokemon center
Safari zone

Gym

Pallet town
Mt moon

Also I realized one more track needs to be edited. Cinnabar Island seems to have a loud background rhythm which can sound irritating at times. Also noted is the guard building (the building between each route) doesn't have the corresponding music to BW.

Also I realized one more track needs to be edited. Cinnabar Island seems to have a loud background rhythm which can sound irritating at times. Also noted is the guard building (the building between each route) doesn't have the corresponding music to BW.

I'll see what I can do for the Cinnabar island song :)
And as for the guard building, I can't change that because every guard building uses the Viridian city song, which means that if I change it to the BW guard building music song cities like Saffron city, Viridian city, etc will all have the BW guard building song

Pretty awesome that you're doing g/s/c.. That will bring back lots of memories, thanks :D

No problem :)

Hey, can someone help me figure out how to apply the BW music update to my Fire Red rom?

I tried downloading the BW patch, unzipping it to my desktop, and applying it to my rom. However, on that last step, when I'm trying to apply the .ips file to my rom, it's ghosted out and I can't click on it. Btw, I don't know how to insert my screenshot here, so I haven't. Also, I'm using the mac client. Does that matter?

Edit: Nvm - I figured it out...

I checked out that slightly sped-up Vs. Rival music, and it sounds perfect now~! As swift-ish as the original. Just one question; is there any way to change the instruments or add any? I know you're busy right now, so try not to pay too-much attention to my utter picky-ness :P

I checked out that slightly sped-up Vs. Rival music, and it sounds perfect now~! As swift-ish as the original. Just one question; is there any way to change the instruments or add any? I know you're busy right now, so try not to pay too-much attention to my utter picky-ness :P

Both are possible, what did you have in mind? :)
I won't be making any updates to the BW or RSE patch till the GSC patch is out, but if you have something in mind post it here and when the GSC patch is finished I'll make some updates to the BW patch

Alrighty then :P

Well, I noticed that there's a "funky" kind of tone in the actual song whereas in the still-accurate remake that you made, it uses one generic instrument for a lot of the parts.

Video for Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBxnv7_WZgI

(0:00 - 0:02 in Original, 0:01 - 0:03 on SoundCloud remake)

At the opening to your remake, the trumpet (Is that a trumpet...?) has 6 beats instead of 16 like the original, if you listen closely. The other 10 being somewhat quiet in the original, but still there to help the flow of the song. Also, it might not hurt to try to find an instrument a little closer to the original :D

(0:03 - 0:13 on Original, 0:04 - 0:14 on SoundCloud remake)

You can hear a lot of xylophone (I think I got that right) throughout the BW Remake that you made, which doesn't exactly fit with or replace the original's instrument (yeah I have no clue what that is :wacko:)

(0:14 - 0:24 on Original, 0:14 - 0:24 on SoundCloud remake)

The xylophone is also being played here where that awesomely-weird instrument should be.

(0:25 - 0:30 on Original, 0:25 - 0:30 on SoundCloud remake)

There's another weird instrument, but this one is completely gone from the remake. IMO, this is a very necessary part of that little bit. Something about it changes the repetitiveness and brings out the next part of the song.

Other than that, it's an amazing remake, one that I love hearing while playing PokeMMO! It's just that one instrument played throughout the song that, when left out from the original and replaced with a xylophone, apparently makes all the difference. You can use this guide or completely disregard it, that's totally up to you. But I can't wait for your GSC remake to be finished, and to hear the new, improvised V1.2A (I believe that'd be the next version) Vs. Rival song if you do it~!! :D

Pokemon center
Safari zone

Gym

Pallet town
Mt moon

Maybe the Wild Battle music?

(0:00 - 0:02 in Original, 0:01 - 0:03 on SoundCloud remake)

At the opening to your remake, the trumpet (Is that a trumpet...?) has 6 beats instead of 16 like the original, if you listen closely. The other 10 being somewhat quiet in the original, but still there to help the flow of the song. Also, it might not hurt to try to find an instrument a little closer to the original 

(0:03 - 0:13 on Original, 0:04 - 0:14 on SoundCloud remake)

You can hear a lot of xylophone (I think I got that right) throughout the BW Remake that you made, which doesn't exactly fit with or replace the original's instrument (yeah I have no clue what that is )

(0:14 - 0:24 on Original, 0:14 - 0:24 on SoundCloud remake)

The xylophone is also being played here where that awesomely-weird instrument should be.

(0:25 - 0:30 on Original, 0:25 - 0:30 on SoundCloud remake)

There's another weird instrument, but this one is completely gone from the remake. IMO, this is a very necessary part of that little bit. Something about it changes the repetitiveness and brings out the next part of the song.

Other than that, it's an amazing remake, one that I love hearing while playing PokeMMO! It's just that one instrument played throughout the song that, when left out from the original and replaced with a xylophone, apparently makes all the difference. You can use this guide or completely disregard it, that's totally up to you. But I can't wait for your GSC remake to be finished, and to hear the new, improvised V1.2A (I believe that'd be the next version) Vs. Rival song if you do it~!! 

Maybe the Wild Battle music?

Yep those weird generic instruments are due to the different voicegroups (= the set of instruments the game uses) in pokemon BW
I can't change what instrument is what in PokeMMO but I can change what instrument is used so I could change the Xylophone (yup you got that right) to something other.. maybe to an electric guitar?
For the part at 0.25, pokemon black uses a lot of different instruments which needs a lot of track channels, although I could add another track channel which will add this sound it could also sound "too much" which is why I deleted some of the lesser used channels so it would still sound good but I didn't pay a lot of attention when I did this, so some instruments could have gone missing :) But I'll look into this

For the wild battle music what would you like to change? I think it's pretty accurate :P

And for the GSC patch yup
It's going good ;)

Yep those weird generic instruments are due to the different voicegroups (= the set of instruments the game uses) in pokemon BW
I can't change what instrument is what in PokeMMO but I can change what instrument is used so I could change the Xylophone (yup you got that right) to something other.. maybe to an electric guitar?
For the part at 0.25, pokemon black uses a lot of different instruments which needs a lot of track channels, although I could add another track channel which will add this sound it could also sound "too much" which is why I deleted some of the lesser used channels so it would still sound good but I didn't pay a lot of attention when I did this, so some instruments could have gone missing :) But I'll look into this

For the wild battle music what would you like to change? I think it's pretty accurate :P

And for the GSC patch yup
It's going good ;)

I thought there was a weird instrument like that from BW used in the GBA games, but I trust you'll find the way to go! I just don't think that xylophone is the way to go lol.

As for the Wild Battle music, it is pretty perfect!  But it could maybe use a little touch-up? It sounds like something's missing near right after the opening part of the music (I.e. when the screen is freaking out right before a Wild PKMN battle in the actual games xP,  right after that part), as well as some other minor parts where it's silent or not as it should be.

And great to hear about the GSC patch~! I know it'll turn out great with how the rest of your work has gone! Seriously, ask to be the music-maker for PokeMMO B)

Somewhat Off-Topic: Don't take these requests as judgmental or anything, my main purpose is to somewhat help improve your already-impressive stuff ^.^'

I thought there was a weird instrument like that from BW used in the GBA games, but I trust you'll find the way to go! I just don't think that xylophone is the way to go lol.

As for the Wild Battle music, it is pretty perfect!  But it could maybe use a little touch-up? It sounds like something's missing near right after the opening part of the music (I.e. when the screen is freaking out right before a Wild PKMN battle in the actual games xP,  right after that part), as well as some other minor parts where it's silent or not as it should be.

And great to hear about the GSC patch~! I know it'll turn out great with how the rest of your work has gone! Seriously, ask to be the music-maker for PokeMMO  B)

Somewhat Off-Topic: Don't take these requests as judgmental or anything, my main purpose is to somewhat help improve your already-impressive stuff ^.^'

Hmm that's possible, but with new sound engine, PokeMMO doesn't use the GBA instruments ;)

I see what you mean for the wild battle music, once I finished all my other projects, I'm also thinking of making a V2 of the BW patch where I'll use some better techniques to make the tracks a little bit better and less glitchy and this way I'll add all the missing channels for each track. But this'll probably be done in a month-2months but I'll eventually do it

And for the off topic part, don't worry, I know that the requests aren't judgmental, and they don't feel that way for me. I like to take feedback from other people to improve my work and to make this thread more lively :)

Hmm that's possible, but with new sound engine, PokeMMO doesn't use the GBA instruments ;)

I see what you mean for the wild battle music, once I finished all my other projects, I'm also thinking of making a V2 of the BW patch where I'll use some better techniques to make the tracks a little bit better and less glitchy and this way I'll add all the missing channels for each track. But this'll probably be done in a month-2months but I'll eventually do it

And for the off topic part, don't worry, I know that the requests aren't judgmental, and they don't feel that way for me. I like to take feedback from other people to improve my work and to make this thread more lively :)

Oh...it doesn't use GBA Instruments? Oops :wacko:

A V2 would be awesome~! A month or two does seem lengthy, but better not to rush it I suppose!

Happy to hear that you enjoy the feedback, then :D Keep up the awesomesauce work~!

Oh...it doesn't use GBA Instruments? Oops :wacko:

A V2 would be awesome~! A month or two does seem lengthy, but better not to rush it I suppose!

Happy to hear that you enjoy the feedback, then :D Keep up the awesomesauce work~!

Yep :)
Well all projects consist of remaking all the songs of each game (rby, gsc, frlg, rse, dppt, hgss, bw) so yeah it'll take some time haha