[IPS] Change the ingame music to 3DS(beta) / BW / GSC / RSE / RBGY! (Updated 28/10)

Music patches! You decide!  

249 members have voted

1. 1. What patch should I make next?

• Fire Red / Leaf Green music patch (Better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Diamond / Pearl / Platinum music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Heart Gold / Soul Silver music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Black / White / Black 2 / White 2 update + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • XD/Colosseum/Stadium (+ another game that will replace the unavailable tracks ) patch (For FR/Em)
    • Red / Blue / Green / Yellow compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Gold / Silver / Crystal compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald update (better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • I don't mind

Hey, is it possible you could make a version of your original patch with the snare removed completely? I really have no idea about anything about music so I'm not sure if that is even possible. But nonetheless, I'm enjoying your full piano patch a lot. :) Thank you for making PokeMMO sound better!

Hey, is it possible you could make a version of your original patch with the snare removed completely? I really have no idea about anything about music so I'm not sure if that is even possible. But nonetheless, I'm enjoying your full piano patch a lot. :) Thank you for making PokeMMO sound better!

Yup that's possible :)
But what about the drums? Shall I remove them aswell?

Anyways I started making it, and I think it will be finished tomorrow or otherwise the 26th ;)

Yea I downloaded it,the Elite Four theme song and the champion theme song isn't in :) yea this is the Elite Four theme >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7c_ghOf8ko

Hmm that's quiet strange because I just checked the file and normally the patch should change the e4 and champion music
What track plays when you fight the e4? The original fire red e4 track? Or another RSE battle track like fighting your rival, a wild pokemon, trainer, etc?

Hmm that's quiet strange because I just checked the file and normally the patch should change the e4 and champion music
What track plays when you fight the e4? The original fire red e4 track? Or another RSE battle track like fighting your rival, a wild pokemon, trainer, etc?

The theme is just fighting a  Hoenn normal trainer :L

Well I can't really check it because I can't go there yet :)
And without the patch (original music) is the e4 battle music also the normal trainer battle theme of firered?

Because what the patch does is that it canges the midi and instruments that are used in each song, but it doesn't change what song is played and where it is played
For example if I change the trainer battle theme into let's say the route theme 1 everytime you would fight a trainer it would play the route theme 1 :)

Note for the update of 25/06/2013:
I removed the less noise patch, because this is not necessary anymore.
I also removed the full piano patch and loud snare patch because these don't work anymore after the update.
I'll now experiment a bit with the sound engine and see if I can make something cool
There will also come and update on the RSE patch because some songs doesn't seem to work as they should (like wild pokemon battle), if you found another song that doesn't seem to work as it should please post it here together with whatpatch you got and what song doesn't work.

RSE music patch V2 is out!

It fixes all issues with the 25/26/2013 update and every song (except for the tittlscreen) is now in RSE style! :)

Gonna make a Soundtest now and an undo patch for the V2

If you want to update your sound, please first use the undo patch and go to the folder inside the .rar to undo the V1 patch (or another patch if you had these before) and then update your rom with the v2 patch - remember: NEVER use 2 music patches at the same time, if you did the only way to recover it is to download a clean rom..

EDIT: Found that the new engine uses some tracks that weren't previously used like when you win from a trainer battle. This isn't updated in the V2 yet BUT I'm currently making a V2.1 to fix this, I also found that the celadon track freezes and this will be fixed too in the V2.1 version.. Stay tuned! :)

EDIT2 (I try to avoid triple posting): Alright! Added the V2.1 patch!

If you recently added the V2 patch, or still have any V1 patch, then download and apply first the undo changes patch to undo ANY of my patches (even the old ones can be undone!)
Then when you reverted it you can apply the V2.1 patch that normally should change almost all tracks to the RSE style.

You can also use a clean rom instead of the undo changes patch, both methods work and it's up to you to choose one :)
Enjoy!
Also the patch takes away most of the bugged piano parts, because the new sound engine seems to replace most of the glitched sounds (noises) by pianos and seems to replace the drums (not the snare, but the drums) also by a piano.

Well I got good news and bad news :)
Let's start with the bad news, the new sound engine uses custom voicegroups (=the instruments used in the tracks) which means that I can't just simply change an instrument to another instrument
BUT I managed to change the hex code of the tracks and this way I can select what kind of voice group is used in the track, meaning that I can make a full piano patch but it's gonna be some really though grind work..
Anyways I tried it out and changed the Pokemon tittle screen song into a full piano song that WORKS with the 25/06/2013 update!
Listen to it here, and let me hear your thoughts

So what do you guys think of it? Woot or meh? Anyways I could make a full piano patch for PokeMMO but I really must know if people want this, because this will take 1-2weeks to make and like it's grinding it won't be that much of fun aha

I aso tried another thing: An electric guitar patch, I applied it on the wild pokemon battle, what do you think? Shall I continue this patch or maybe mix this with the piano patch?

http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/wild-battle-rockish-patch-for

What I also could do is change the wild pokemon battle track to the deoxys battle track for some epic battle music or to the champion battle track

Anyways it's up to you guys, just tell me what kind of patch you would like and I'll make it

Tried something new again with my hex editor and I managed to repeat tracks, which means I can now use custom midis :)
So that's what I tried out and look at this result!

I just replaced the tittlescreen track by Gangnam style haha

So tell me, what kind of "real life tracks" (like the ones on the radio) do you want to have in the next patch and what pokemon track must be replaced by it?

Gangnam style tittle screen sound test:

http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/gangnam-style-tittle-screen

Hmm good idea, I could put some black/white music in the game now ad with the new engine it's going to sounds awesome

I'm gonna make it :)

EDIT: Took me one hour to make the tittlescreen, it sounds good but there are some bugged parts which are due to GBA limitations

Anyways this is how it sounds with the new sound engine :)

http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/5th-gen-tittlescreen-in

Keep up the great work, man~! This is my #1 spot for music now~ Also, that Wild Pokémon Music from BW and HG/SS...I wantz it :P

Just finished the wild battle song hehe :)
Took 1hr again because it kept glitching and glitching lol, but it sounds way better than the tittlescreen, gonna remake the tittlescreen again :P

http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/5th-gen-wildbattle-in-pokemmo

Well, I finally succeeded and got this into the game :)!
http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/5th-gen-wildbattle-in

There are some instruments that normally should play in the DS version but doesn't play in the GBA version

There are some instruments that got replaced by other instruments because the DS has a far wider selection of sounds than the GBA version

And the song repeats about 16 times (= +-15mins) then becomes silent.. If I added a script to make the track loop, the instruments seemed to glitch up and the whole song became weird and de-synced so I choosed to make it repeat 16x instead :)

Gonna do the tittlescreen now..

Hey,can you tell me what Programs you use to make all these? I would like to learn :D

Well I could make a tutorial about some of the basic stuff because there isn't really much on the internet about this :)
I use:
Sappy - This tool will be your main tool, as it makes it possible to extract track data, assemble new data, import track data, etc (get it here: http://pokemon-legendary.com/downloads/sappy.zip and run the setup. The site is french but I haven't found any other working sappy version)

Mid2agb - converts midi to a .s file which van be assembled by Sappy

Thumb.bat - (script made by a guy named Mewthree) It makes it possible to also assemble .s songs and transform them into .bin which also can be read by sappy (i use this if I need to enable looping in a track)

FL Studio - Very complex program, but I use it to edit midis if I need to

Anvil studio - Makes it possible to assign different instrumnts to the different tracks that play in a midi file, so mid2agb can assign gba instruments to each track - this program also makes it possible to repair midis (which prepares them to be read by mid2agb, otherwise you could get errors)

Hex workshop - Hex editor, which I sometimes use to edit data of the tracks exported by sappy and to change the instruments used by a track to other instruments (this makes it possible for example to create a full piano patch)

Advance Map - A map editor, although I don't use the map editing part, I use it to find free space in a rom so I can insert my tracks and repoint them to that offset

If you want to try some stuff out, start with Sappy, it's kinda the base to music editing in roms

This is freakin' sweet~! 

Are you planning to do more songs and make an IPS like this, or make them separate downloads, or...? What is your method of madness, my good sir? 

Thanks haha
Yup, I'm planning on doing every song in the game (just did the safari zone!) and then release one big ips patch :)

Only thing is that I hope it won't conflict with other patches as it uses repointing (which makes it possible to insert really big tracks without overwriting multiple tracks)
If for example the maker of the Moemon patch repointed there sprites because there were too big otherwise and without any luck they repointed it near the track data where I repointed my songs well 2 things could occur: Most of the Moemon sprites would glitch up and could even freeze the game up or the music would glitch up, become noise and could also freeze the game up :P
Just let's hope that this won't happen and if it happen I will release a 2nd patch with different repoint offsets hoping that this one would work

Can't wait for the finished product~! It's gonna be great :D

Hehe, just got a bunch of luck and managed to fix the glitch where the music would stop after repeat 16x :)
So it repeats non-stop now

Oh and got the trainer battle track inserted!

http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/soundtest-trainer-battle-5th

If everything goes at this speed in about a week it'll be finished :)

Hehe, just got a bunch of luck and managed to fix the glitch where the music would stop after repeat 16x :)
So it repeats non-stop now

Oh and got the trainer battle track inserted!
http://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/soundtest-trainer-battle-5th

If everything goes at this speed in about a week it'll be finished :)

A week? Wow, that's fast =O

I hereby give this thread the (un)official Authentica Music Source 2013 Award.

A week? Wow, that's fast =O

I hereby give this thread the (un)official Authentica Music Source 2013 Award.

Thaks haha

Yeah, the first track was just where I needed to find the right technique, and I found it and it's pretty fast :)
Do you know if pokemon B/W has the music track when you follow someone?

Thaks haha
Yeah, the first track was just where I needed to find the right technique, and I found it and it's pretty fast :)
Do you know if pokemon B/W has the music track when you follow someone?

I really wanna say yes, but I can't be too certain. However, a quick visit to YouTube will remedy that! (You'll probably find it at the beginning of an LP/walkthrough, i'm kinda busy atm but i'll see if I can check)

I really wanna say yes, but I can't be too certain. However, a quick visit to YouTube will remedy that! (You'll probably find it at the beginning of an LP/walkthrough, i'm kinda busy atm but i'll see if I can check)

Searched but didn't find it, and I'm not certain about the game corner either :)

For the folowing music, I listenned to the music used in a video called "Let's play pokemon black" where the guy played at the start but no following music was played
And for the game corner I searched for "Pokemon black game corner" and only found the gba game corner track in the BW style :P

I'm thinking of replacing the game corner track by the pal park track

But I'll do them later, gonna do the track which is used in the team rocket basement and replace it with N's castle track