[IPS] Change the ingame music to 3DS(beta) / BW / GSC / RSE / RBGY! (Updated 28/10)

Music patches! You decide!  

249 members have voted

1. 1. What patch should I make next?

• Fire Red / Leaf Green music patch (Better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Diamond / Pearl / Platinum music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Heart Gold / Soul Silver music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Black / White / Black 2 / White 2 update + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • XD/Colosseum/Stadium (+ another game that will replace the unavailable tracks ) patch (For FR/Em)
    • Red / Blue / Green / Yellow compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Gold / Silver / Crystal compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald update (better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • I don't mind

cooltext1777290098_zps87447313.png

Spotlight 

load.gif Update 28/10/2014: Uploaded fourth 3DS V0.4 beta patch with 20 XY/3DS style tracks!

DOWNLOAD

Recommend download: 3DS BETA music patch V0.4

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

{Scroll down for other downloads}

fancy-line.jpg

Description 

info_w_64px.png

Have you decided to update your rom and make a wonderful MMO experience with updated graphics?
Or maybe you decided you wanted that oldschool feeling back when you last played Pokemon Gold?

Or maybe you just grew tired of hearing the same music and weird piano sounds..

No worries! This thread is fully specialized with music goodyness to customize your roms  sound!

Anyways!

I decided to change the ingame music, proposing to everyone totally free of any charges a wide selection of quality IPS patches.

These patches make it possible to upgrade (or downgrade!) your PokeMMO sounds to a whole new level!

What you get

You can choose between changing your default music to:

3DS music (X Y/ OR AS / Orchestrated)

Black White music

Ruby Sapphire Emerald music

Gold Silver Crystal music

Red Blue Green Yellow music

And all this for PokeMMO!

fancy-line.jpg

Downloads 

hard-drive-download_blue.png

RBGY music patch V1.2 
DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

GSC music patch V1 

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

FRLG music patch [Better sounds] 

NOT YET AVAILABLE

RSE music patch 
[Better sounds] 
DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

XD/Colosseum music patch 

NOT YET AVAILABLE

DPPt music patch 
NOT YET AVAILABLE

HGSS music patch 
NOT YET AVAILABLE

BWB2W2 music patch V1.1 

DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

3DS music patch V0.4 BETA
 [Recommend] 
DOWNLOAD

PREVIEW

fancy-line.jpg

Instructions 

Help_Circle_Blue.png

1) Get yourself Winrar/winzip to open .rar files. (google it)        
2) Download one of my music patches. (from download section) 
3) Make a copy of your original ROM incase anything
goes wrong

but also to be able to update your patch or change from patch.

4) Put the backup copy in another folder than pokemmo/rom.   

(otherwise the patch won't work!)                                  
5) Open Lunar IPS.exe in the .rar and click on apply patch.      
6) Click first the IPS patch file: ... .ips.                                   
7) Click now your Fire Red/Emerald rom file in your PokeMMO   

Rom folder. (this patch can be applied on other already   

patched roms, normally it SHOULD work but it's always   

better to make a backup just before applying the patch)       

8) Click ok and enjoy!                                                          

9) OPTIONAL: For higher quality sound follow the:                

"Recommend sound settings" and copy the settings to your client.

rec_zps63230444.png

fancy-line.jpg

Notes & Warnings 

64px-Warning.png

1) Don't use multiple music patches on one rom.. It will mess up pretty badly.

If you want to update one of your music patches or change from flavor         

(like switching from V1 to V1A), it's better to use your old backup rom.          

(that file we created in step 3)                                                                          

2) If you have already applied a patch before on your rom, and when        

you apply one of these patches you get glitches like scrambled         

graphics or other nasty stuff then please make an IPS file from your 

patched rom and post it here, I'll then update the repointed            

addresses so everyone can benefit from this/these music patches.     

3) It still is possible that there are bugs. Please tell me if the music hasn't been       

changed or if it sounds very dry. Also tell me if some of the tracks sounds      

awkward or odd. it. All the patches are meant to change every track in the     

game, if there is one track that is left unchanged please report this in this      

thread.                                                                                                             

4) If someone has a nice idea for a music patch, I definitely want to hear it! But       

bare in mind: This is GBA, so I can't add vocals, dubstep wobbles, hardcore 

kicks  or other generic stuff.                                                                             

5) Enjoy! Give me feedback! And give me credit if you want to redistribute it it          

please copy a download link and do not redistribute it.                                    

fancy-line.jpg 

Latest Uploads 

64px-Software_Update_icon.png

28/10/2014: Uploaded fourth 3DS V0.4 beta patch with 20 XY/3DS style tracks! 
26/10/2014: Uploaded third 3DS V0.3 beta patch with 15 XY/3DS style tracks!   
23/10/2014: Uploaded second 3DS V0.2 beta patch with 10 XY/3DS style tracks!
16/10/2014: Uploaded first 3DS beta patch: V0.1!                                            
12/10/2014: Uploaded fix for RBGY patch V1.2: Patch should now patch correctly
11/10/2014: Uploaded fix for RSE patch V2.3: Title screen plays now correctly!    

Found mayor bug in RBGY patch: Patch reversed     

instead of patching (not dangerous, it just doesn't   

work). Will fix it in the comming days..                   

09/10/2014: Updated the RBYG music patch to V1.1: Added safari zone and bug 

fix for wild battle loop. Also added preview              

09/10/2014: Added the RBYG music patch!                                                      
02/08/2013: Fixed links                                                                                  

04/07/2013: Added the GSC music patch with preview!                                     

fancy-line.jpg

Known bugs 

missing_no_anim.gif

BWB2W2 music patch V1.1

There are sometimes very (very) small repeat glitches for the BW music where music could skip a bit

or play a small part of the track 2 times so it looks like it's stuck for less than a second.                 

This will be fixed with the next BWB2W2 update.

GSC music patch V1
     Title screen doesn't repeat exactly as it should, but it repeats good enough.                                       

You should have the sound files online so we can hear them. You do know though, that the sound is getting updated next?

Alright I'll in a min :)

And yes I know but it's just better sound emulation right?
So this will still be useful then :) Atleast I hope so

ITS WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL MUSIC. -10/10

Im dead fucking serious the snare is so poorly emulated that my ears are still hurting real bad. I have it on 20% so imagine it at 100%. Please wait til the next update to post a sound IPS.

Too bad you don't like it, I could make one with the original snare for the people that don't like this snare
I'll upload it in 20 min, with an online preview

Alright I uploaded them
Gonna continue with the oldschool music patch

EDIT: I need to wait till the PokeMMO sound emulating system has been updated, because PokeMMO doesn't seem to be very good at emulating the older sounds though in an emulator everything sounds perfectly ok.. I'll keep this on halt.. If someone has a suggestion, let me hear though! :)

Thanks! :)
I've tried to make most of the tracks as smooth as possible, but some tracks can't be left without the noises because they contain data about the track like the speed, when the track will repeat itself etc (for example I can't take out the noise of the indigo plateau track)

Alright, just made a new patch with pianos only :)

If you applied one of the other patches before and want to apply the piano patch, download first the "undo changes patch" and patch your patched rom by selecting what patch you used.
(The undo changes patch reverts all the changes that my patches made to your rom, so you don't need to reapply all other patches if you applied another patch)

Then download the "Less noise patch + Full piano patch" and apply it to your rom, enjoy! :)

The previews of the full piano patch will come soon, I'll make them now and upload them to Soundcloud

EDIT: Got the preview uploaded!
Next project will be almost all RSE songs for the Fire red rom with the less noise patch ofcourse..
This will take some time though, as I need to change all the instruments used for almost each track

Added a new patch that will change all tracks in the game to the RSE (Hoenn) tracks :)
As always if you want to apply another patch first depatch your rom with the undo changes patch then you can patch your rom with another patch

The RSE music patch changes every track PokeMMO uses in the game and also containts the less noise patch (even a better version of it! This less noise patch version will be available soon for the other patches too like the original less noise patch, the less noise patch with loud snare and the less noise patch with full piano patch to make the sound a bit fuller and by taking away even more noise)

This is what your RSE patch sounds like on the updated music engine, each town being allocated a 30s time slot, @ 70% music volume: https://soundcloud.com/kyu-pokemmo/pokemmo-sound-test-18-06-13

Very sparse in some areas. The "less noise" will not be a necessity in the future, although I can see some people using it.

What is the noise in the sound emulation supposed to be? Unemulated sound?
Also, that doesn't sound like the RSE sound patch.

This is what your RSE patch sounds like on the updated music engine, each town being allocated a 30s time slot, @ 70% music volume: https://soundcloud.com/kyu-pokemmo/pokemmo-sound-test-18-06-13

Very sparse in some areas. The "less noise" will not be a necessity in the future, although I can see some people using it.

Hmm I see and wow that's some nice sounds the new syste uses! :)
No worries though, I will stop the current patch developments but will continue to experiment with what I can do in a rom

When the new system is out I'll experiment with it and see if I can make anything cool :)