[IPS] Change the ingame music to 3DS(beta) / BW / GSC / RSE / RBGY! (Updated 28/10)

Music patches! You decide!  

249 members have voted

1. 1. What patch should I make next?

• Fire Red / Leaf Green music patch (Better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Diamond / Pearl / Platinum music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Heart Gold / Soul Silver music patch + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • Black / White / Black 2 / White 2 update + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • XD/Colosseum/Stadium (+ another game that will replace the unavailable tracks ) patch (For FR/Em)
    • Red / Blue / Green / Yellow compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Gold / Silver / Crystal compatibility for Emerald + flavors
    • Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald update (better sounds) + flavors (For FR/Em)
    • I don't mind

OOMMMGGG!
Getting better and better at understanding how the client reads the games music data.

I finished 1 XY track!

It's a remix of the Gym battle theme, and it will be used both for gym battles and the tittlescreen.

Here is a preview, this is recorded from INSIDE PokeMMO!:

https://soundcloud.com/extratone-1/ingame-pokemmo-xy-patch-gym-titlescreen-song-preview

The downside is, as XY doesn't use midis there are not a lot of midis available and thus not all tracks in game will be XY.. But I'll do my best. :)

EDIT1:I'll also use some XY non official style music, meaning that it will sound like XY music while not being in the real game..

EDIT2: I'll also add some tracks from Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire, the patch name will be called "3DS Music patch"

Fixed the RSE patch!
The title screen track now plays correctly. Enjoy!

I Also discovered a HUGE glitch in the RBGY patch: It doesn't work at all because I created the IPS patch in the wrong order..

Meaning when you apply the patch it does nothing at all.

As I do not have the modified tracks anymore I'll need to remake every single track, so it'll take some time. :(

As a result of this discovery the 3DS patch is temporarily halted until a working RBGY patch has been uploaded.

Oh, no wonder it didn't work. It's alright anyway because I look forward to the complete version.  :D

Yup :)

Complete RBGY version is now out!

If someone spots unchanged tracks, tracks that do not loop, other weird stuff let me know or wants another flavor let me know

Enjoy

RBGY music patch V1.2 - Changes the ingame music to RBGY (1st gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of RBGY when battling trainers)

Added 2 polls so you guys can vote about:

• What patch I will make next (or what update!)
  • How often I should release the 3DS beta patch(or if I shouldn't release one!) [Note: This will not impact my creation speed and hearing positif feedback about the music might actually motivate me even more! ;) ]

About the 2nd option: I thought it would be a cool idea to release a 3DS beta patch because it will take some time to make this file and I completely understand the people that are keen to listen to this beauty! Other modders also release beta patches so why shouldn't I?!

Note: Currently compiling the XY trainer battle theme! :D

Edit: Added a 3rd poll where you can choose what tracks should be in the next beta! You may of choose as many as you like, and the highest ones will be taken and replaced by other tracks that need to be inserted :)

First 3DS beta patch has been uploaded and is ready to be downloaded!

Inserted tracks:

Route theme 1 (e.g route 1) -> 3DS style version

Route theme 3 (e.g route 12)

Title screen

Trainer battle

Wild battle

If you detect any odd or glitched tracks/sounds or you simply think a track sounds bad (from the 5 tracks that should be inserted) please tell me

If this patch scrambled up some of your graphics please tell me what other patches you are using and post it here

3DS music patch V0.1 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Well I'm giving up on my Music Patch and letting the Pros do it XD

Oh 
What kind of patch were you making? :)

First 3DS beta patch has been uploaded and is ready to be downloaded!

Inserted tracks:

Route theme 1 (e.g route 1) -> 3DS style version

Route theme 3 (e.g route 12)

Title screen

Trainer battle

Wild battle

If you detect any odd or glitched tracks/sounds or you simply think a track sounds bad (from the 5 tracks that should be inserted) please tell me

If this patch scrambled up some of your graphics please tell me what other patches you are using and post it here

3DS music patch V0.1 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Oh 
What kind of patch were you making? :)

Well a RSE Music Patch but I couldn't complete it because I was busy with school and such

YEAAHH new 3DS beta patch V0.2 is out and ready to patch your roms!

Download: 3DS music patch V0.2 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Preview: 3DS music patch V0.2 (BETA)(Contains some unedited tracks as this is only a beta, the glitchy sounds are due to lag)

Tracks inserted:

Cerulean city

Cinnabar island

Lavender town

Mewtwo cave / Team Rocket hideout

Pokemon center

These tracks were inserted as they had the highest amount of votes

I changed the voting poll a bit: Added a 3rd question so it now displays all tracks that need to be changed for this patch

So if you want for example that I change island 4 or viridian city next: Please revote!

(Most voted track wins, not the highest %)

Enjoy!

YEAAHH new 3DS beta patch V0.2 is out and ready to patch your roms!

Download: 3DS music patch V0.2 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Preview: 3DS music patch V0.2 (BETA)(Contains some unedited tracks as this is only a beta, the glitchy sounds are due to lag)

Tracks inserted:

Cerulean city

Cinnabar island

Lavender town

Mewtwo cave / Team Rocket hideout

Pokemon center

These tracks were inserted as they had the highest amount of votes

I changed the voting poll a bit: Added a 3rd question so it now displays all tracks that need to be changed for this patch

So if you want for example that I change island 4 or viridian city next: Please revote!

(Most voted track wins, not the highest %)

Enjoy!

Sounds good. I really look forward to its completion

Just played on the PTS and I have been successful with music editing.

I firstly wanted to insert the tracks I already inserted into Fire Red into Emerald BUT I then thought of myself that newer tracks will make more variation especially when your character can move between the 2 regions.

This is why I added to the poll an option for each music patch to update it or make a new one from scratch for HGSS/XD etc.

From now on when I make a new patch it will be both for Fire Red and for Emerald and this includes the 3DS music patch.

EDIT: When Emerald is fully released to the public, all patches that will follow will carry an Emerald patch with them. If the 3DS patch is finished when Emerald has been fully released I'll release an 3DS patch for both Fire Red and Emerald. Otherwise I'll poll for a 3DS update so when Emerald emulation has been finished I'll directly start making a patch for it.

Both patches will be zipped together.

For the poll I also added a "I don't mind option if you don't want to vote for a particular question.."

And another beta update!

A new 3DS beta patch V0.3 is out and ready to patch your roms!

Download: 3DS music patch V0.3 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Tracks inserted:

Celadon city

Gym arena (building)

Pallet town

Pokemon tower

Team Flare boss battle (used for silph co)

The coming week will bring more beta patches, as I'm currently free from school so I've got a little more spare time :)

Enjoy!

New beta patch update!

A new 3DS beta patch V0.4 is out and ready to patch your roms!

Download: 3DS music patch V0.4 (BETA) - Changes the ingame music to 3DS (6th gen) music. (uses the regular trainer battle theme of XY when battling trainers)

Tracks inserted:

[spoiler]V0.4:

Indigo Plateau [inserted 27/10]

Island 4-5 [inserted 27/10]

Island 6-7 [Inserted 28/10]

Lavender town [update 28/10]

Vermillion city [inserted 27/10]

Viridian city [inserted 28/10]

Other tracks from previous versions:

Celadon city [inserted 26/10]

Gym arena (building) theme [inserted 24/10]

Pallet Town [inserted 24/10]

Pokemon tower [inserted 25/10]

Team Flare Boss battle (used for Silph co) [inserted 25/10]

Cerulean city [inserted 23/10]

Cinnabar island [updated 22/10]

Mewtwo cave / Team Rocket hideout [inserted 22/10]

Pokemon center [inserted 22/10]

Gym Battle (used for title screen) [updated 16/10]

Route theme 1 [updated 15/10]

Route theme 3 [updated 16/10]

Trainer battle [updated 16/10]

Wild battle [updated 16/10]

[/spoiler]

Enjoy!

EDIT: Changed looks of thread and deleted the poll about what tracks I should enter in next in the 3DS patch. Poll was too big and ugly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...