• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PokeBoss

PokeBoss
  • Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hello Pokemmo Community, These are my suggested locations to EV train

Basics Of EV Training:

As you may or may not know, EV's are a very important part in training Pokemon. EV training helps give more of an edge in battle or to help keep you're Pokemon in battle. For example, if you wanted to give Pikachu a boost in speed, you would simply train it on Pokemon that's speed stat is dominant. The Highest amount you can get in total for EV's is 510 in all EVs but cap at 255 but the extra 3 wont do anything due to how its calculated so make sure you pick you're EV's well.

EV Training locations:

Speed: My suggestion to train speed would be in Celadon City, at this location use a fishing rod and kill only Magikarp's and this will increase you're speed EV. Also another bit of information the Magikarp are not very strong. Do not worry if you're a fire type for example as of they only know tackle for an attack move.
Posted Image

If you do not know where this is it's just abit south from the celadon PC Center.

Attack: I would suggest the Paris area in Mt. Moon. To reach the Paras area just go down the ladder shown in the picture and you will only find Paras down there.

Posted Image

Defence: Tangela's in the grass just below Pallet Town, they very in level so make sure to have a decent level pokemon when fighting these. To get here just go to Pallet Town go to the very bottom and use surf and the first grass patch you see go over to it.
Posted Image

SP Attack: For Sp Attack train on the Gastly's and Haunter's in the Lavender Town PokeTower. Make Sure You Skip Cubones and only fight Gastly's and Haunter's. Also have a decent level pokemon as these can very in levels.
Posted Image

SP Defence: My recommendation for this is Cerulean City water just north of the PC up the bridge. Make sure to only fight Tentacool. Surf Is Needed.
Posted Image

Now For Natures. Here is a chart of what they all do

Posted Image

N/A Means it does nothing for that catagory for people who don't know.

Post below you're thoughts on my suggested spots below any suggestions are very much appreciated.

I got the picture about natures at: http://strategywiki....afGreen/Natures

For a in depth guide go to http://forums.pokemm...g-pokemon-list/
  • tinbar and snippax like this

#2 PacMan

PacMan
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thanks! This is going to help newbies like myself :)

#3 Nebetsu

Nebetsu
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Nice guide, but shouldn't this be in the guides forum? :P

#4 Galium

Galium
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Posted Image

#5 PokeBoss

PokeBoss
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Mostly just wanted to show a few more locations

#6 PokeBoss

PokeBoss
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

Also sorry gallium i didn't see you're guide up but i added a thing at the bottom linking to you're thread for a more in depth guide my guide is mostly just for my suggested spots

#7 PokeBoss

PokeBoss
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:16 AM

And if a staff member could move this to guides that would be appreciated. sorry didn't see the guides area

#8 DivineTyler

DivineTyler
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

What about HP EVs? and the max in any given stat is 255, not 252.

#9 Nebetsu

Nebetsu
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

What about HP EVs? and the max in any given stat is 255, not 252.

You can put 255 into a stat, but the extra 3 won't do anything, due to how it's calculated.

#10 PokeBoss

PokeBoss
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Changed it up abit and im really sorry i dont know any hp ev spots :/

#11 Nebetsu

Nebetsu
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

I find that Route 1 is more efficient for Speed EV's since you can roam around on a bike.

For HP, the consensus is that the best place is to fight Caterpie in the Viridian Forest

#12 JPG

JPG
  • Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Route 1 -Rattattas and Pidgeys best for Speed not magikarps.
SpDef - you could surf between Pallet and Cinnabar
Hp - Viridian Pond (slowpokes) or Caterpies at Viridian Forest