[Tool] PokeMMO Font Changer

hXwAe.png

Download

(v0.42)

Preview:

d7D52Yg.gif

Huh, What's diz?
PokeMMO Font Changer is a Java application used to edit the various Text Styles available to PokeMMO's GUI. It can use .fnt & .png files, created by the TWL Theme Editor to change the fonts and colors of "fontDefs". Allowing a more customized PokeMMO GUI.

Nice, how do I get it?

• Use the download link above. You will download PMFC.zip.
  • Extract the contents of PMFC.zip to the directory you installed PokeMMO in, your pokeMMO folder should look something like this:
    93Gep.png

OK, how do I use it?

Run PMFC.jar which is now inside your pokeMMO directory.

How to: Apply a font configuration

Spoiler

Select a style other than "Currently-Applied"

xIpvJxa.png

When selected, press "Apple font Config"

How to: Create a font configuration

Spoiler

B193RG2.gif

What fontDef will change what I want to change?

Spoiler

7zPegkA.png

Font Changer Font Pack 1

Download

Font pack?

This pack contains 8 different fonts in 30 different styles. Fonts like Times, Malgun, Cordia and Gothic are included. With this pack you'll be able to transform your pokeMMO client into your own creation.

Cool, how do I get it?

• Use the download link above. You will download Font_Pack_1.zip.
  • Extract the contents of Font_Pack_1.zip to the "pokeMMO/fontchanger/fonts/" file folder
  • You are done, PMFC will automatically detect the new fonts. Select them in the same way as the other fonts.

Happy Modding.

hXwAe.png

Preview:

FdEsZ.png

Huh, What's diz?

PokeMMO Font Changer is a Java application used to edit the various Text Styles available to PokeMMO's GUI. It can use .fnt & .png files, created by the TWL Theme Editor to change the fonts and colors of text styles. Allowing for a more customized PokeMMO GUI.

Nice, how do I get it?

1. Use the download link above. You will download PMFC.zip.
  2. Extract the contents of PMFC.zip to the directory you installed PokeMMO in, your pokeMMO folder should look something like this:
    93Gep.png

OK, how do I use it?

1. Run PMFC.jar which is now inside your pokeMMO directory.
  2. Select a text style you want to edit on the lift side of the PMFC window.
    iDkD0.png
  3. Select the font you want using the middle drop-down box.
    GWgYl.png
  4. Select the color you want using the button on the top-right.
    UqsFw.png
  5. When done, press the save button on the right-down part of the screen. PMFC will stay active to allow you to create more text Styles, you can exit it by clicking the close button on the window.
    DBqCG.png
  6. Start pokeMMO to view your changes.

Happy Modding.

Now this, this is an exquisite program, well done!

Weird bug I found, I changed the font of something and when battling in the game, it get's mashedup into one. Any fix on this?

Did you perhaps change a font to the battle font? I have replaced the font files of that one, it should cause no problems now, get the new version using the download link. Replace all the files with the ones from the .zip :)

Thanks ! , It is Really a Lifesaver :) , Btw how can i add new font ?

Use the TWL theme editor to create a new font file. It will make a font.fnt and a font_00.png. Put the files in a folder named the same as the font file, so you will get a structure the same as this:

Calibri_16

-Calibri_16.fnt

-Calibri_16_00.png

Then put the Calibri_16 folder in the "fontchanger/fonts" file folder which is inside the pokemmo folder. (if you have already unzipped PMFC at the right location)

The final file structure should be like this:

PokeMMO

--fontchanger

----fonts

------Calibri_16

--------Calibri_16.fnt

--------Calibri_16_00.png

Note that I'm working on a big font pack which I aim to release later this week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem. I've unzipped the file to my PokeMMO folder as shown above but the jar file won't open correctly. It either opens in winzip again or if I try to "open with" Java Platform it simply shows the logo and then disappears. Am I missing software necessary to run this?

I'm having a problem. I've unzipped the file to my PokeMMO folder as shown above but the jar file won't open correctly. It either opens in winzip again or if I try to "open with" Java Platform it simply shows the logo and then disappears. Am I missing software necessary to run this?

You probably didn't extract both the folder and the .Jar file, you have to extract both the folder and the file.

You probably didn't extract both the folder and the .Jar file, you have to extract both the folder and the file.

That could be it, Make sure you extract all files properly. If that doesn't help to solve the problem, a good way to perhaps fix the problem is to update your java installation.

Just for shit 'n giggles, what OS are you running? I haven't tested this application on mac or linux.

what's the font that used for the new update ? can i make all font size the same ? thanks

I haven't downloaded the new update yet (I'll do so soon, to check whether I'll need to include it), but changing the size of the fonts to match eachother is possible if you have the required .fnt files..

(Update)

Yes, the fonts seem to be included, I have noticed however, that PokeMMO has begun using more expansive character sets. I'll update the PMFC package to include these files tomorrow.

You can still use PMFC version 031 today, it just means an edited client can't display exotic characters like those from the cyrillic alphabet properly. Your usual abc, 0-9 should be more then fine.