[Denied]Add Tables to the Forums

This idea came after I saw this thread. I felt bad for Emlee formatting every single entry for her guide and it looks like this
[spoiler]7040bd715252e085864e7379226956d2.png[/spoiler]

when it could have looked like this

[spoiler]

7bfeb3b33e5e9a19a4494a62e7fe48ad.png

[/spoiler]

Now I am aware that IP.Board does not have native tables, however doing a bit research there are options. IP.Board has a ton of mods in their marketplace and luckily they were generous when it came to the table market. This is the plugin you want to use:

Custom Tables Professional - Costs $20 but is supported with the latest IP.Board version.

Tables would be useful for threads that need to present their information in an organized matter. This is something that should have been here but since HTML is blocked due to security reasons it's safe to say this is the best alternative since it uses BBCode. 

Alternatively, you could make a table/chart somewhere else and then upload a screenshot of it. Not as convenient, but it gets the job done.

[spoiler] Just because you like making TM tables on Excel ^^ [/spoiler]

Didn't like my thread, huh? Zooming up close makes it look worse, ya know? :(

Just joking. Tables would be beautiful and helpful if they're in the realm of possible. I do not know too much about the possibilites on forums and such though so from an outside perspective of someone who would simply be making something look a bit more organized and consistent they would be grand. 

Mariout, that is highly useless when you want the Command/Control+F function to work, and very unrealistic with copious amounts of data. It is a roundabout solution though for small things such as what you used it for.

[spoiler] Just because you like making TM tables on Excel ^^ [/spoiler]

It's neat, okay?  :rolleyes:

As long as it's possible, I support this idea.

[spoiler]Open Office Spreadsheet > Excel, srs[/spoiler]

Edit:

Mariout, that is highly useless when you want the Command/Control+F function to work, and very unrealistic with copious amounts of data.

But then people are unable to ctrl+F what they are looking for.

Yes, that's one of the main reasons it's not as convenient. I was just suggesting it as a temporary replacement if/until we get actual tables. As I said, I support the idea.

i think anzh suggested this like 7 months ago

I tried looking for his/her thread but since she's/he's banned I can't look at the threads he made.

Didn't like my thread, huh? Zooming up close makes it look worse, ya know? :(

Just joking. Tables would be beautiful and helpful if they're in the realm of possible. I do not know too much about the possibilites on forums and such though so from an outside perspective of someone who would simply be making something look a bit more organized and consistent they would be grand. 

Mariout, that is highly useless when you want the Command/Control+F function to work, and very unrealistic with copious amounts of data. It is a roundabout solution though for small things such as what you used it for.

Lol blame Macs.  :P

With Mariout's idea you could always post a screenshot then add a link at the start/end to a google doc of the spreadsheet or download link

Your quote is suggesting to do unnecessary steps for no reason whatsoever. Here's your suggestion taken into steps:

Method 1: Screenshot and Link
1) Write a table
2) Take a screenshot
3) Upload screenshot onto an image hosting website
4) Get link for image
5) Link image to original document

6) Repeat steps 2-5 until complete

7) Post

Or my suggestion:

Method 2: Make a table on the thread
1) Write a table
2) Post

And as they said before CTRL + F on a thread is so much easier vs not having that option when you used screenshots. When you have a big table on your thread it's essential. I think you'll agree that having tables on the forums is a lot simpler.

Oh I'm not shutting down your suggestion. Just responding to this. I think tables would be great if they are easy to add.

|

V

Yes, that's one of the main reasons it's not as convenient. I was just suggesting it as a temporary replacement if/until we get actual tables. As I said, I support the idea.

A link to the document would be a way to get around not being able to ctrl+F

Oh I'm not shutting down your suggestion. Just responding to this. I think tables would be great if they are easy to add.

|

V

A link to the document would be a way to get around not being able to ctrl+F

I just like to make sure that my suggestion beats alternative ideas because then it makes it a suggestion worth adding.  ^_^

Most of these mods come with documentation in which it instructs the user how to install the mod and for the most part it isn't that difficult to do. I've installed mods on phpBB and Xenforo and for those forums they didn't really take much effort as long as you follow what they say. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...