[Denied]Make NPCs More Difficult

This is a simple suggestion. Make the trainer encounters harder.

How to implement:

-Add only ofensive moves to gym trainers pkmn

-Add few more levels to gym trainers pkmn

-Make all gym trainers have 6 pkmn

The reasoning behind this is that let's be honest, the game was designed for kids and it's simply too easy and not rewarding other than for the nostalgia factor.  It would be more rewarding if the gym encounters (at least) were harder so that you would actually be like "fuck yea"  that you just managed to finally beat the second badge.

I do think this should apply for every encounter but maybe it is both easier and safer to first experiment with the gym trainers.

What are your thoughts?

ps: trolls out plz

As a suggestion i would have to say its not a great one. 

Increasing the number of pokes/level of pokes that gym leaders have will just mean that players would need to grind on wild pokes to raise the level of their pokes.  Also the thing i have found that works best about this game is the pvp aspect. The meta game is dominated by competitive players battling it out to win tourneys. This does however require a great deal of grinding and luck to catch competitive pokes and train them. However, the pvp aspect makes it worth it. There are also those people that like to collect pokemon or shiny pokes. 

If you dont like grinding and pvp then you may find the meta game boring, however, completing the game is just the start for many players

At this rate, you'll just end up landing yourself warning points

I will make my point again

There are many players who don't play for the nostalgia, they want to actually play the game, without much change to the original storyline

Increasing the difficulty will only make alt runs harder

This is not canon, so implementing it will be a pain

I hope you actually read the thread someone linked you in the old thread

They could make a specific mode for this, in character creation saying: Hard mode or Normal mode, like in BW2 or something.

That is the only way I could see this work.

I would gladly do a run in hard mode, IMO it won't influence the game that much (other than more grinding methods)

Edit: HOWEVER, the AI in this game is really garbage, before the devs would even think of adding this suggestion, they would have to redo the whole NPC AI, which could possibly take a while.

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus

-1 Same reasons as above.

How are you supposed to beat Misty and Brock with 6 pokemon anyways? It will be complete suicide for those who picks Charmander.

Besides, seeing how people fail Elite four and some other gyms, there is no reason to make it more difficult.

Hard mode or Normal mode, like in BW2 or something.

You could do that in BW2?

They could make a specific mode for this, in character creation saying: Hard mode or Normal mode, like in BW2 or something.

I would gladly do a run in hard mode, IMO it won't influence the game that much (other than more grinding methods)

Walrus, that does sound nice and all, and I would totally support that, but we both know that it will most likely never happen.

rip GloriousWalrus' hopes and dreams.

The thing is, this is a MMO. Most MMOs aren't about the story, they're about the endgame. The same goes for this one. The reason people play is to compete with each other, collect as much shinies as they can, farm awesome competitive pokemon or just hang out in teamchat.

The storyline (if you remember what to do) is what? 20 hrs perhaps? Yet the time a lot off people have spent on PokeMMO is 1000hrs+. This game wasn't made to go and play the story. If you want to do that get a hacked rom with increased difficulty, I'm sure there are some floating around for FireRed. The story in this game is simply the tutorial, once you're done with it the real part off this game, the MMO part starts.

As a suggestion i would have to say its not a great one. 

Increasing the number of pokes/level of pokes that gym leaders have will just mean that players would need to grind on wild pokes to raise the level of their pokes.  Also the thing i have found that works best about this game is the pvp aspect. The meta game is dominated by competitive players battling it out to win tourneys. This does however require a great deal of grinding and luck to catch competitive pokes and train them. However, the pvp aspect makes it worth it. There are also those people that like to collect pokemon or shiny pokes. 

If you dont like grinding and pvp then you may find the meta game boring, however, completing the game is just the start for many players

I don't think you would need to grind so much as it is extremely easy right now to just run through everything in the game in one go. But yes you would need to invest more than what you do now, for sure.

I do not like grinding but i do enjoy pvp (which you can't enjoy without grinding) but that's material for another suggestion like having a pvp server where you have all pkmn available from the start and you just go full pvp mode against other people. But that's another suggestion for another thread. For people who find grinding boring, many of them will just leave once they finish the game (my friends did).

However you guys gave me a new idea, how about making "hard mode" extremely hard but make it so that it gives you a lucky egg at the end or something? This way, the time you spend grinding for a lucky egg can be spent grinding to beat the hard mode, which would be much more fun and decrease the grinding. Not sure how it would affect the market tho. Might add this to the OP but i'm unsure if it would work or not.

At this rate, you'll just end up landing yourself warning points

Walrus, that does sound nice and all, and I would totally support that, but we both know that it will most likely never happen.

rip GloriousWalrus' hopes and dreams.

I said: trolls out plz;

Edit: HOWEVER, the AI in this game is really garbage, before the devs would even think of adding this suggestion, they would have to redo the whole NPC AI, which could possibly take a while.

Yea the modes idea is really nice and inspired my above response of the lucky egg for beating hard mode, what do you think of it?

I do agree that the AI is really garbage but solving the AI sounds really complicated while just adding 6pkmn + offensive moves sounds really easy to implement (i could be wrong tho) so it could come first.

How are you supposed to beat Misty and Brock with 6 pokemon anyways? It will be complete suicide for those who picks Charmander.

lol are u srs? just because it's harder it doesn't mean it's hard. Catch a caterpie or something in the first fields.

The thing is, this is a MMO. Most MMOs aren't about the story, they're about the endgame. The same goes for this one. The reason people play is to compete with each other, collect as much shinies as they can, farm awesome competitive pokemon or just hang out in teamchat.

The storyline (if you remember what to do) is what? 20 hrs perhaps? Yet the time a lot off people have spent on PokeMMO is 1000hrs+. This game wasn't made to go and play the story. If you want to do that get a hacked rom with increased difficulty, I'm sure there are some floating around for FireRed. The story in this game is simply the tutorial, once you're done with it the real part off this game, the MMO part starts.

Well the thing about real MMOs is that they don't have an endgame. But anyways, why not improve the story part if the implementation is easy? The MMO part is all about spamming Z. How is that even remotely fun? The real fun on this game is both in the storyline and in the pvp part (which requires absurd grinding to accomplish). This way, the grinding becomes more fun at least as it involves interaction with the trainers.

i dont even play pokemmo anymore but if anyone would struggle beating the gyms with those req's (6 poke's, off moves) then you actually suck lmao.

dis

If you enjoy pvp, then just enter the competitive scene. No need to make the game harder for people who actually want to play (and alts)
Your idea about adding a second, hard mode after the regular one is a pretty good idea, however it's not canon an will be a long time before it's even thought about starting it. Adding non-canon stuff while the game's still in alpha is not on the list to be implemented in the foreseeable future, as we fisrt need to get gen 3 abilities and moves and such working

However you guys gave me a new idea, how about making "hard mode" extremely hard but make it so that it gives you a lucky egg at the end or something? This way, the time you spend grinding for a lucky egg can be spent grinding to beat the hard mode, which would be much more fun and decrease the grinding. Not sure how it would affect the market tho. Might add this to the OP but i'm unsure if it would work or not.

Yea the modes idea is really nice and inspired my above response of the lucky egg for beating hard mode, what do you think of it?

At the moment, people are able to get from start to gym8 in this game in like 1 hour, completing the whole game on an alt run would take like 3 hours or so, the hard mode could possibly add another hour to that, I never grinded for chanseys before, but 4-5 hours or so for one lucky egg could possibly destroy the value lucky eggs have, so that is a big no.

That is ofcourse, assuming they added this.

I personally am a fan of this idea, but only as they did it like this: http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/easychallengemode.shtml

Defeating the champion (2d time in this case) unlocks the hard mode