[Confirmed] Customizable GUI in Settings

The GUI should be customizable via the settings. Even Pokemon Gold had customizable GUI's!

32Har.png

I know that the GUI is customizable via modded files, but i'm talking about a setting which has some basic GUI changes. Among them could be a few color changes or different fonts. It's nothing too difficult to achieve and it would add the the polish of the game. It would help the average users to feel more immersed in the game because they can make the GUI fit their individual taste. 

Pre-Responses To :

But NaitDawg, this is going to take time away from substitute/natural cure/etc!

That's hardly true. Darkshade would be the one to work on 99% of this. He only works on the graphical parts of the game, aside from some conceptual work. The coding that goes along with actual content has VERY LITTLE to do with this.

OK, maybe you're right about that, but we already have a customization subforum, and customizable files! This is dumb!

We do have the things you just said. However, as the staff has said, about 1% of the players in the game use the forums. The solution you mentioned literally does nothing for 99% of players. Besides, not everyone on the forums wants to use some GUI file that has bugs and requires a bit of tech savvy. Even if 75% of the users on the forum use customized GUI's, then only (approximately) 00.75% of players have a customized GUI. That's hardly a solution to the problem.

But NaitDawg, this is going to take time away from substitute/natural cure/etc!

That's hardly true. Darkshade would be the one to work on 99% of this. He only works on the graphical parts of the game, aside from some conceptual work. The coding that goes along with actual content has nothing to do with this.

I actually think its Shu who codes the GUI but I don't think Shu is involved with moves/abilities/etc

I like it

When i mentioned Darkshade, i was talking about the graphics themselves. 

You're talking about updating the GUI - Graphical User Interface. Darkshade does sprites.  But irrelevant to this suggestion

We've had plans for proper theme-ing support for a while, it's just so unimportant in comparison to actually useful features.

ETA: 2015.

ETA 2015 ILL HAVE A DEGREE IN SOMETHING Y U DO DIS.

I'll probably eat my words in about 2 years then go "THIS IS WHY WE DON'T GIVE OUT ETAs"

Should I remind you on May 27th, 2015 when this happens?

You're talking about updating the GUI - Graphical User Interface. Darkshade does sprites.  But irrelevant to this suggestion

Not entirely true, I can handle more than just sprites.

However the coding would be entirely down to Shu.

I also take no credit for the current GUI at all, that is entirely Shu's work.

Anyway on topic - as Kyu has stated it is already planned, perhaps when more important things get done, we'll see what can be done.

December 31st, mister.

Patrick pls. It would be Jan 1st 2015. Unless... you're saying December 31st 2015. :o

Not entirely true, I can handle more than just sprites.
However the coding would be entirely down to Shu.
I also take no credit for the current GUI at all, that is entirely Shu's work.

Anyway on topic - as Kyu has stated it is already planned, perhaps when more important things get done, we'll see what can be done.

Oh I didn't know you did more than sprites. That's interesting.

Kyu has this planned for 2015 though like that blows my mind.

Kyu has this planned for 2015 though like that blows my mind.

I still think it was a flippant remark said in lieu of 'eventually, when we get to it'. Still planning on holding it against staff if we don't have have them by then :3

I still think it was a flippant remark said in lieu of 'eventually, when we get to it'. Still planning on holding it against staff if we don't have have them by then :3

By 2015 we'll all have hover boards and self tying shoes. Heck, I bet we will have real life Pokemon. And then PokeMMO will have that customizable GUI we've all been waiting for :L

It's sarcasm pls understand that :L

Yea I get it but don't let people know about this white text I put here.