The PokeMMO Scavenger Hunt 2 Ghost Theme (June)

DsvdlBS.jpg

1st Place: Leeka 2nd Place: Proposition

Time/Date: Saturday June 1st, 2012 2PM EDT

Prizes: 1st - Shiny Gastly, 2nd Devil Wings Default Grey 

Explanation: Players will hunt specific Pokemon (with the specified natures) and show them to the appropriate Staff member in order to confirm their findings. The first and second players to locate each of the five​ Pokemon and have each confirmed with the correct staff member will win a prize. Players must have access to all areas in game in order to fully participate. Staff will use "trade times" to check off and record when players have caught the Pokemon. The Event ends when two players have completed the Hunt. Access to all of Kanto and Sevii islands is required in order to complete the Hunt. There is no need to register for this event, simply start hunting one of the 5 Pokemon listed below when the Event begins. 

Players will be able to follow the data sheet being used by staff in order to know who has found what.

This is located here: PokeMMO Scavenger Hunt 2 Excel Sheet

Rules:

• Players must present Pokemon with their OT, caught during the Event and with the specified nature (To clarify we will be checking the OT, the catch time so that it coincides with the Event Start Time and the Nature of the Pokemon).
  • Players must trade with the correct staff member, and leave the trade window open. The Staff member will close the trade window when all information is taken down, cancelling the trade will result in your Pokemon not being recorded.
  • Times are recorded by the time of trade, and not catch times on the Pokemon
  • Pokemon must be presented to the proper Staff member only (See below)
  • All staff will be on Channel 7
  • Rules relating to the specific Pokemon are listed below (please make sure you read these)

Staff Participating/Catching Stations:

Edit Note: Two other acceptable natures have been added for Haunter, and Gilgamesh has taken over the Misdreavus Station.

haunter.png
1) Haunter - Lavender Tower
Required Nature: Naive, Hasty, Modest
*MUST be lvl 20
Manned by: CipherWeston

215.png
2) Sneasel - Ice Fall Cave, Island 4
Required Nature: Any Neutral Nature (Docile, Hardy, Serious, Bashful, Quirky)
Manned by: Mariout

Larvitar has been removed from the list of Pokemon required.

Sorry for the short notice.

353.png
4) Shuppet - Altering Cave, Island 6
Required Nature : Sassy
Manned by: Emlee

200.png
5) Misdreavus - Lost Cave, Island 5 
Required Nature : Adamant
Manned by: Gilgamesh

Please feel free to post any questions you have regarding this event in the thread or contact me via Private Message. 

Good luck to those who participate! 

Edited by Emlee

I might be missing something but couldn't someone just get all the pokemon before and then rush to trade it to a referee :/

EDIT: I doubt you'd allow that but the OP isn't very clear, to me at least.

The OP states they must be caught during the event, which implies we'll make sure the Catch Time is reflective of that. 

My question: u have to trade 1 pokemon by 1, or all at once? And does the row u catch them matter?

There is a staff member for each Pokemon. For example I will be standing In the Altering Cave area on Channel 7, and I will be the only staff member accepting Shuppets. I will not accept any other Pokemon. So there is no reason to be trading more than one Pokemon at a time. 

You may catch them in any order you wish.

Might I suggest since you have to catch a specific nature that the cm's/gm's stand at the closes pokecenter/pcbox

We'll be standing at the locations where the Pokemon are obtained so it is 1 ) Painfully easy for players to locate us 2 ) Players can easily tell where they should be searching for the Pokemon and what Staff member is accepting that specific Pokemon.

I guess, just seems like a pain in the ass to have to go back to the pokecenter, grab the pokemon with the specific nature and then come back, when you just had to catch the pokemon regardless of nature before that wouldn't be a problem since you could leave a slot open and just catch the one pokemon.  Can't do that this way unless you get unbelievably lucky.

I guess, just seems like a pain in the ass to have to go back to the pokecenter, grab the pokemon with the specific nature and then come back, when you just had to catch the pokemon regardless of nature before that wouldn't be a problem since you could leave a slot open and just catch the one pokemon.  Can't do that this way unless you get unbelievably lucky.

I would prefere Players to take about 2 more minutes to return to the location than have players be confused about where they are going/who they are giving the Pokemon to/where they should be hunting.

Your suggestion is completely legitimate but I had to weigh the pros and cons of where the Staff would be standing when planning the event and I came to these conclusions.

>converts time<

>4 am<

i got dis

Sleep is for the weak anyways...

[spoiler]

I still need a shiny as a prize for my tournament, so that;s where the gastly will go

[spoiler]

It will

[spoiler]

it definitely will

[spoiler]

hopefully

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

EDIT: Just a thought, it's probably a good thing synchronize doesn't work yet, it kinda takes out the point of searching for a good nature