[Guide] How to find the coordinates/ID/channel for your current position ( /loc )

Exitium

About:

Examples = 90%

Pictures = 85%

The point of this guide: To help people find your friends and how to use the /loc command

loc is a short version of location.

How to use/find coordinates:

First you will have to enable "Normal" chat and write /loc, to get your current position.

Now you will get a message that looks like this with some numbers:origi_zps1af9c8b7.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Room ID:

When you have this, then try to look at the first number that is the room ID:loc_zpsd22f30a1.png

Location 4.3 = Oaks Research Lab

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

X & Y Axies

Now look at the second numbers just next to the room ID, that is the X & Y axies:xandy_zps72171d27.png

Character Turn Pos. ( needs better name )

Which way your Character look/direction:whichwayyoulook_zpse17d85ad.png

Note: Java counts from 0 and up!

List of values:

Down = 0

Up = 1

Left = 2

Right = 3

Channel

And now the last numbers is the channel you're currently on:channel_zps3af900e7.png

Note: Java counts from 0 and up!

Channel 1 = 0

Channel 2 = 1

Channel 3 = 2

Channel 4 = 3

Channel 5 = 4

Channel 6 = 5

Channel 7 = 6

Channel 8 = 7

Examples:

Note: The coords is in front of the entrance.

Note 2: The ID is inside the House.

Pallet Town ( ID: 3.0 ):

[spoiler] Your house is ( 6, 8 ) ID: 4,0

Oaks Research Lab is ( 16, 14) ID: 4,3

Your Rivals house is ( 15, 8 ) ID: 4,2[/spoiler]

Viridian City ( ID: 3.1 ):

[spoiler] Pokécenter ( 26, 27 ) ID: 5,4

Pokémart ( 36, 20) ID 5,3

Viridian Gym ( 36, 11 ) ID: 5,1[/spoiler]

Nidoking-No-Color_zps20168b5f.png

Hunh? What is the point of this, it's not really clear to me, there is a map for a reason.

The point of this: To help people find the shops / pokecenters / gyms / NPCs / houses / caves and stuff like that with coordinates.

Edit: How to use the /loc command

The point of this: To help people find the shops / pokecenters / gyms / NPCs / houses / caves and stuff like that with coordinates.

Edit: How to use the /loc command

I still don't get it, this seems like way too much trouble of solving something as easy as 1+1.

I mean, instead of saying: Pokecenters have a red roof, you say: type /loc and at XX/XX location, there is the pokemon center.

Get what I am saying?

I still don't get it, this seems like way too much trouble of solving something as easy as 1+1.

I mean, instead of saying: Pokecenters have a red roof, you say: type /loc and at XX/XX location, there is the pokemon center.

Get what I am saying?

Yes! ;) But this is most of a tutorial how to use the /loc command :)

• 2 years later...