PikaCup Strikes Back

[quote name='CowseN' timestamp='1368463334' post='333244']
'Double Elimination' ... means its 3vs3 Double Battle?
[/quote] No. Double elimination means you have to lose two matches in order to be out of the tournament.

[spoiler] :ph34r: [/spoiler]

[quote name='CowseN' timestamp='1368463334' post='333244']
'Double Elimination' ... means its 3vs3 Double Battle?
[/quote] 3v3 singles but losers from the main bracket go to a losers bracket and have a chance to win get back to the main bracket if he/she wins on the losers bracket. So basically you're given a second chance

Edit:Majikdan pls

Pikachu + Light Ball is allowed. Lol wut?

"Sum of 3 Pokes can't be more than 50" -> 20 + 20 + 10 = 50. But 15 is the minimum. Your math is horrible. And the 15 + 15 + 20 example is just so balanced and leaves no options for creativity. Everyone is going to run this team set-up. You might as well just make it "Level 20 or Level 15 Only".

Ban Dragonrage but not Seismic Toss. HUH?

3 Vs. 3 -> All Official Tournaments were made 4 Vs. 4. I know there's a theme to this Tourny, but it would be far easier to make it 4 Vs. 4 with a Level Range of 10-20 with the maximum being 60. It forces people to think outside the box on what they're going to use. (20, 20, 10, 10) as an example would be the extreme sided team levels.

This Tournament is a bit of a mess. No offense, but you need to seriously re-think your rules.

This is the second PikaCup remember. The last one was quite a while back though, but I don't recall too much stuff being close broken. There was a good variety.
There still will be a good variety now, I'm thinking of some interesting combinations. Also 15+15+20 won't be every single team I'm sure. I've got certain things I've thought up that would say otherwise.

The team that won last year was not 20-15-15

Just because most tournaments are 4v4 means absolutely nothing. This is an actual tournament that exists outside PokeMMO. :)

Seismic toss and sonicboom only does 20 damage :) not 30. 40 over two turns as opposed to 60. That's a vast difference.

Thank you for your concern, it has been noted. Maybe a similar tournament can be ran with different rules but this is following PikaCup Guidelines.

Also after running basic test teams and doing stat checks Starmie did not have enough counters. Raindance Thunder Psychic Surf was nearly unbeatable. And alakazam made the matches unfun as if he killed your counter he swept every match. Unopposed.