Clefairy Cup

DC1xJ5B.png

Get out your horseshoes and rabbit feet, because it's time for the greatest performance of skill in PokeMMO history.

This is the Clefairy Cup. In this tournament, players pit their luck against each other by clicking Metronome as hard as they can while clasping their hands together and pray to the RNG(Random Number Gods). Special rules will be in place(please see below) to bring the most out of Metronome. Players will also be restricted to specific, yet adorable Pokemon through which they channel their luck.

Allowed Pokemon
[spoiler]2REY1.png[/spoiler]

The special rules
1. Leppa Berries: The only item that can be used in this Clefairy Cup is the Leppa Berry. All Pokemon SHOULD be holding a Leppa Berry, however if you forget to equip one you won't be punished. This is used so that a player can use Metronome for as long as possible, in the event that a Metronome match might turn into a stall fight. If a Pokemon somehow manages to run out of Metronome PP even after consuming the Leppa Berry, the trainer will be asked to use a Leppa Berry from their bag(So stock up on Leppa Berries!).

2. Taunt and Mean Look/Spider Web/Block: In the rare event that a player rolls Taunt through Metronome, the taunted player must switch out immediately, so they can avoid using moves that aren't Metronome. However, in the even RARER event that a player gets Mean Looked/Spider Webbed and THEN Taunted, we must ask the taunted player to then throw Pokeballs until the taunt wears off. This is very unlikely to happen, but if it does, please throw Pokeballs when prompted by one of the referees that are present.

3. Metronome only: This one speaks for itself. If you're caught using a move that isn't Metronome, be it by mistake or on purpose, you will be disqualified.

Details
32 players, 16 reserves
3v3
Lv30

Prizes
1st: Shiny Clefairy
2nd: Kitty Ears

Clauses
Species/Pristine/Bag Items(Except Leppa and Pokeballs, when prompted)

Date/Time
Thursday, May 23rd, 6:00 PM EDT | 3:00 PM PDT | 10:00 PM GMT
Silph Co. 1st floor, Channel 7

Registration
Thursday, May 16th, 6:00 PM EDT | 3:00 PM PDT | 10:00 PM GMT

Thread will be closed an hour before registration opens, then opened again at the designated time. Registration will start after it unlocks.

Regarding registration, I will ignore any posts containing more than 1 username, and any posts which contain no usernames (ie: posts with a period). If you make posts like these, you better edit them before I see them, or they're being ignored. And don't try to pull a fast one and change your post if you signed up the same person as somebody else, I'll be watching.

Stream
http://twitch.tv/Plizard

BRACKET

RESERVES

Referees
Emlee
Mariout
Plizard
Orangeslash
Deejaye

[quote name='Dumuzid' timestamp='1368326770' post='331140']
First person to roll Explosion will receive a ~special prize~ from me. This isn't an official thingy, I just want to see Explosions.
[/quote]

With regards to this how will self-ko clause apply (if at all)?

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1368326876' post='331144']
With regards to this how will self-ko clause apply (if at all)?
[/quote]If a match ends in a draw I'm going to run it back. I plan to run about 3 or 4 matches at once, and it's a 32 player tournament, so we have plenty of time for any unlikely rematches.

wow this became an official tournament xD

[quote name='Dumuzid' timestamp='1368326770' post='331140']
First person to roll Explosion will receive a ~special prize~ from me. This isn't an official thingy, I just want to see Explosions.
[/quote]

you should have been there last time xD

I know you guys say that times for these things are final, but I'm really really desperate since I wuv metronome and the rush it gives you knowing you could win or lose depending on whatever you get. All I ask is you move the time a measly 10 minutes, kinda like the heavyweight tournament time is like. I know you probably won't do this for one person, and I understand why, but it's worth a shot. xD

[quote name='fany' timestamp='1368346986' post='331389']
just because i'm lazy i'll try to make this suggestion.

shouldn't the previous winner get the chance to defend his title?

[spoiler]auto spot pls. haha[/spoiler]
[/quote]

It wasn't official yet so this is an entire new series sorry nope no spot for you!