How to connect a Game Controller to PokeMMO

Zerochi2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, im having a problem. The motionjoy/joytokey its working , but for reason doesnt work on pokeMMO window. It works in all the places where you can type, here for example, but them when i move the arrows of my pad in the pokemmo window , nothing happens. That's weird

[quote name='manxzx1' timestamp='1366643169' post='300870']
Joy2key has a setting to make the sticks work like a d pad. You have to look for it in the tabs and play with it. I'm not at home now or I would give you a better explenation.
[/quote]

No , you didnt understand me. Joy2key JUST doenst work on PokeMMO, if i go to another game , or even to a notepad and begin to spam the buttons/sticks it shows properly the keys i set . But for some reason , on pokeMMO nothing happens. Help :(

[quote name='Inanx' timestamp='1366739625' post='302873']
No , you didnt understand me. Joy2key JUST doenst work on PokeMMO, if i go to another game , or even to a notepad and begin to spam the buttons/sticks it shows properly the keys i set . But for some reason , on pokeMMO nothing happens. Help :(
[/quote]
I was not helping you sorry. I was just commenting that joy2key has a setting under the others tab on the left were you can fix the joystick so it wont derp when you try to walk with it.

[quote name='Inanx' timestamp='1366583143' post='299952']
Ok, im having a problem. The motionjoy/joytokey its working , but for reason doesnt work on pokeMMO window. It works in all the places where you can type, here for example, but them when i move the arrows of my pad in the pokemmo window , nothing happens. That's weird
[/quote]

I've had this happen before. I believe you need to run xpadder with administrator privileges.

• 3 months later...

using Afterglow XBOX360 controller.

i followed instructions, motion joy gave me driver issues when i clicked "install all" it told me

WARNING:DRIVER_PACKAGE_LEGACY_MODE flag set but not supported on Plug and Play driver on VISTA. Flag will be ignored.

after 15 mins of troubleshooting i configured Key2Joy only to find that it was the only program i needed. motion joy did nothing for me, all i use now is key2joy and it works. although i can only use the thumb sticks for movement keys, and the Dpad is unconfigurable through key2joy. idk if solving the problem with motion joy would fix or not, im not too worried. thought i'd post this so that anyone else having a problem with an xbox controller may come to realize that they only need key2joy

thanks for the guide

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why people still use MotioninJoy or other programs when there is a better way. This is called SCP DS3 and it doesn't require any other program to use it. No more need for Xpadder, Joy2Key or any other controller mapping program (Note: These are needed if the game you play doesn't have controller support).

To get this to work, just go to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8 and follow the instructions provided. It works great and I use it for all my video game needs.

Edited by TwistedPxl

Have tried using xpadder and got all the key bindings working but every time I am battling, a automatically double taps so I can't select a move and so my pokemon just spams the first move it knows, anyone know how to adjust xpadder so it doesn't double press a key?

• 1 year later...
On 9/12/2012 at 0:21 PM, Zerochi2 said:

Hello everybody NintendoPSX here and I have a delicious bonus to help you play PokeMMO. Playing with a game controller. Now this can be done with either a PS3 controller, Xbox 360 controller, PS2 controller or a computer brand controller like Logitech or something. (Note all controllers MUST BE CONNECTED BY WIRE [uSB).

So let's get started. You're going to need a total of TWO programs to make this work so I will lead you through this tutorial.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download First go there and download

32bit and 64bit all in one: site 1

Version 0.6.0005

Make sure you KNOW your computer's bit size. You can check by right clicking Properties on My Computer.

Once downloaded extract everything and run the Client EXE. When that finishes, make a Shortcut on your Desktop for easy use. Although you won't need to use it unless you wish to connect a different controller after setup. Now open the Client known as DS3 Tool.

A green client should open up with tabs saying Profiles and Driver Manager. Click on Driver Manager and then click Install all if you have any drivers that this client needs you to download. (Note: I had to install two drivers myself so I know this is safe). Once that is finished. Go back to the Profile tab and then connect your controller by wire. It should pop up on Connected Game Controller(s) with a bar going between 0 and 100%. Look at where it says Select One Mode and choose the controller that you wish to connect. Mine is PS3 so I choose that one. When you are done with that TEST to see if the controller works by either running a ROM OR click near the button of DS3 Tool Vibration Testing if your controller successfully vibrates that means it is connected and we are ready to begin the last step. You may close this tab as it is no longer needed.

Now you will be downloading a program called Joy2Key (JoytoKey). What this program innitially does is maps the keyboard buttons to the buttons on your controller.

Go to this site http://www.electraco...ish Version.htm then click one of the two download links at the top right. (They're both the same so it doesn't matter). Once you're done extracting and installing that, open up the client you will get a folder titled jtk374en make sure to keep everything related to Joy2Key in that folder. To make it easier you can put it on the Desktop as well.

Now here is where things get tricky. Make sure your controller is connected BEFORE you attempt to open this client or else it won't work. At the left rename whatever mapping you want this one to be (You can have several maps for several games; mine is titled PokeMMO). Now on the right you'll see Joystick One this is the one you'll be using so need to change that. If you scroll down you will see LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN and several buttons numbering all the way to about 19. Just map the LEFT RIGHT UP and DOWN to whatever directionals you use to move in PokeMMO. Mine was the arrow keys so I used that accordingly. Button One is essentially your "A" button and Button Two is your "B" button. Set all these according to what keys you use in PokeMMO. Now with the rest of the buttons you can be creative and set your Hot Keys or your Pokedex, or Bag or even Enter to get to chat easier. This part though is a bit of an experimentation as you need to figure out what buttons is what and what you actually want on the controller. When you finish that you're DONE. But PLEASE READ THESE FEW NOTES.

• You must have Joy2Key open WHENEVER you wish to use the controller or else the computer will not be able to detect the controller on it's own for the game. You can minimize it onto the Taskbar.
  • I do NOT know how to make the Analogs Sticks work so unfortunately you will have to use the D-Pad only, but I find it more useful anyways.
  • You CANNOT type with the controller, you have to put the controller down to type in chat. It's not really an issue but I guess someone will be bothered by it.

And that is it. It should work. If you have any questions feel free to ask me NintendoPSX/RectusErectus in Channel 1 in game. Or reply to the Forums Post. Thank you and have a fantastic day.

wait what! : ( why can I just turn on the controller support? so I either have to get software that can have a virus or pay 10$ really : ( I bought both the controller and the sensor why!!! ): (

• 2 months later...
  • Zehkar locked this topic