[Denied] Hide clothes via settings

My suggestions is adding a feature to the ingame settings which allow you to enable/disable clothes loading. (Just like the 'Render Battle BG' option)
This will help to avoid fps lags at tournaments.

[quote name='kloneman' timestamp='1368020179' post='325702']
So like make everyone naked?

Support.
[/quote]
It will make everyone wear their default cloths.. (No hats/tops/gloves/robes/whatever)

An MMO I played had a similar system, where if you set the settings to low, everyone would sort of look like a ragdoll.

The problem with this however, is that there actually no default clothes, everyone is infact naked.

I should probably mention though, that the MMO I was referring to was in 3D, sprites are very small in size, so I doubt the problem is as severe.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1368024649' post='325792']
An MMO I played had a similar system, where if you set the settings to low, everyone would sort of look like a ragdoll.

The problem with this however, is that there actually no default clothes, everyone is infact naked.

I should probably mention though, that the MMO I was referring to was in 3D, sprites are very small in size, so I doubt the problem is as severe.
[/quote]
Do it cartoon style where everyone has boxers superglued to their sides

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1368024649' post='325792']

[/quote]
Dragonica?
[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368031745' post='325925']
Or, just create an option to stop rendering the people in the background when you are battling.
[/quote]
Works fine for me ^

Add-ons have very little performance impact as it currently stands, both in RAM/CPU usage. If we were going to remove player sprites to improve performance, their sprites would be removed entirely, not just their clothes.