[Confirmed] Colorblind mode for hp boxes please.

[quote name='Jag' timestamp='1367638257' post='319439']
Halfway through the order of colors I saw was:
[color=#ff0000]Red, [/color][color=#ff8c00]Orange, [/color][color=#ffa500]Orange, [/color][color=#ffd700]Yellow, [/color][color=#ffff00]Yellower ...this is blinding. [/color][color=#00ff00]Orange, [/color][color=#008000]Brown, [/color][color=#006400]Brown, [/color][color=#a52a2a]Green, [/color]
[b]*red* orange* orange* yellow* blinding yellow* light green* dark green* dark green, dark red*[/b] (edit)

[color=#000000]I'm pretty sure a dark red and a light green or vice versa would be distinctive enough.[/color] I dunno. I get why green is healthy and red is hurt, but maybe a colorblind switch can change the colors to green for healthy, blue for dying? Or something. I don't know
[/quote] Well are you sure? You said a light green might work, yet your color thing shows you typing orange when it looks light green and brown when its both dark green, and you typed green in red. If anything I dont think you can tell between them.....perhaps if we had a "chose your own color" system for the pokemons hp, it would help people with other types of color blindness.

[quote name='Conker' timestamp='1367662705' post='319807']
Well are you sure? You said a light green might work, yet your color thing shows you typing orange when it looks light green and brown when its both dark green, and you typed green in red. If anything I dont think you can tell between them.....perhaps if we had a "chose your own color" system for the pokemons hp, it would help people with other types of color blindness.
[/quote]

Ty for that. I switched my statement to say I preferred blue. But yea it could be black and white for all I care. I just want to know the difference lol.

I'm not sure what we can do for all the variations of colour blindness, as there is more than just the Green/Red Colour-blind that the OP is describing. The better option would be to increase the opacity of the background and then do a depleting HP-bar type animation, so that a pokémon @ 50% hp has 50% of the bar displayed.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1367729045' post='320890']
I'm not sure what we can do for all the variations of colour blindness, as there is more than just the Green/Red Colour-blind that the OP is describing. The better option would be to increase the opacity of the background and then do a depleting HP-bar type animation, so that a pokémon @ 50% hp has 50% of the bar displayed.
[/quote]That's a great idea too!

I made this in hopes that it might help in the mean time, between now and when/if a colorblind accessibility option is added.

Confirmed with hash: [color=#333333][size=3]0889a7fc385887404f4bb755533182d3[/size][/color]
[size=6][url="http://www.craigavenue.com/pokemon/AccessibilityPokemonPartyTool.exe"]Download Here[/url][/size]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpS0HXZivU[/media]

In short, you point the app to read color data and it figures out what the color is and displays a happy face or sad face.

Project is in c# (because I wanted to lazily whip something up in a half hour), so the source for that is here:
[url="http://www.craigavenue.com/pokemon/AccessibilityPokemonPartyTool.zip"]Download Source Code[/url]

This (along with anything else I am bound to submit to this forum) is open source and a gift to the community... please feel free to share it with anyone you wish.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to let me know anytime,

I hope this helps

I completely support this idea. It would make life easier for many people

But i don't think it's neccessary to change the colours. Would it be possible to make an optional patch or something that shows how much %hp a pokemon has under the sprite?

Just a small suggestion about colorblind mode. I've seen games where the colorblind mode incorporates symbols into the different colors. Stars for red, circles for blue, squares for green, etc etc. Mostly in puzzle games and the like, but still. What about something like a different pattern on the green and red borders for colorblind mode? A big stripe through the middle for green or plaid or something. Or maybe a little heart or star in the corner of the box.

[quote name='MajikDan' timestamp='1367804837' post='322222']
Just a small suggestion about colorblind mode. I've seen games where the colorblind mode incorporates symbols into the different colors. Stars for red, circles for blue, squares for green, etc etc. Mostly in puzzle games and the like, but still. What about something like a different pattern on the green and red borders for colorblind mode? A big stripe through the middle for green or plaid or something. Or maybe a little heart or star in the corner of the box.
[/quote]

I'm more thinking of a high-contrast Black/White theme for certain elements of the UI, although I don't know of any other UI elements which are not able to be seen by users with colour-blindness.

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1367811092' post='322348']
I'm more thinking of a high-contrast Black/White theme for certain elements of the UI, although I don't know of any other UI elements which are not able to be seen by users with colour-blindness.
[/quote]

I want to say I'll let you know as I come across them, but It'll probably take me a while to notice lol.
I know red-green-brown, and blue-purple are problematic though.

[/quote]

so something like
[img]http://puu.sh/2NMlP.png[/img] to [img]http://puu.sh/2NMou.png[/img]

After damage is taken?

[/quote] I mentioned what you can do. Just have it so you can set ANY color to the box HP colors, so people with other types of color blindness can pick there own colors that they can see to replace the current options of pokemon hp. You can use the same colors that you can color hats with for that option. That way no matter what color blindness you have, at least there are options to solve it.

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1367825812' post='322642']
so something like
[img]http://puu.sh/2NMlP.png[/img] to [img]http://puu.sh/2NMou.png[/img]

After damage is taken?
[/quote]

This would be amazing. Would eliminate pristine clause (hopefully) altogether from DQing ppl