[Confirmed] Colorblind mode for hp boxes please.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/HfaqCsb.png[/img]

[b]I realized that the boxes that appear on the right side of the screen indicate health with colors. I've always noticed the change to yellow, but didn't really think about the change back to green (yes green to me).

So I'm colorblind. There is literally almost no difference from that green shade on skarmory and the red on gengar. It takes me a few minutes just to admit there's a difference; and that's probably only because I know the difference exists without seeing it.

[s]Not really a huge change, but can you make it a darker, more distinct shade of Red or something more distinct from green at least.[/s][/b][s] [/s][b]Edit: Let us customize colors or replace one of them with blue[/b]

[b]Thank you for reading. Please support for the future of all color blind people on pokemmo. [/b]

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367637540' post='319423']
You should post, in font colors, what colors would make it easier.
[/quote]

Let me try this; not many colors are the forum though.

Halfway through the order of colors I saw was:

[color=#ff0000]Red, [/color][color=#ff8c00]Orange, [/color][color=#ffa500]Orange, [/color][color=#ffd700]Yellow, [/color][color=#ffff00]Yellower ...this is blinding. [/color][color=#00ff00]Orange, [/color][color=#008000]Brown, [/color][color=#006400]Brown, [/color][color=#a52a2a]Green, [/color]

[color=#000000]And then I became depressed cause I know half of those aren't right LOL. [/color]I feel like this is one of those tests where you tell someone you're colorblind IRL and they're like "ohhh so what color is that?" -points to something-

[color=#000000]I'm pretty sure a dark red and a light green or vice versa would be distinctive enough.[/color] I dunno. I get why green is healthy and red is hurt, but maybe a colorblind switch can change the colors to green for healthy, blue for dying? Or something. I don't know

[quote name='Jag' timestamp='1367638257' post='319439']
[color=#ff0000]Red, [/color][color=#ff8c00]Orange, [/color][color=#ffa500]Orange, [/color][color=#ffd700]Yellow, [/color][color=#ffff00]Yellower ...this is blinding. [/color][color=#00ff00]Orange, [/color][color=#008000]Brown, [/color][color=#006400]Brown, [/color][color=#a52a2a]Green, [/color]
[/quote]
So, after you said "Yellower.... this is blinding", you put Light Green, Green, Hunter Green, then some weird dark/red color that is not green.

Hopefully now the devs can use this to their advantage.

[quote name='Saphy' timestamp='1367641635' post='319490']
[color=#3399cc][size=2][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I support this. Jag shouldn't have been DQed~ :< My fault.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

so you're the culpriiiiit! haha

anyways, support! it doesn't seem that hard to implement

I see no problem with accessibility options (with focus on the term [i]option[/i])... however in the meantime, it should be easy enough to examine the pokemon that you want to check their current hp.

For this issue in particular, color blindness has so very many different types; Even if the devs wanted to try and program around this, they might not be able to make everyone happy.

Thanks everyone for the support!

[quote name='Gilgamesh' timestamp='1367642632' post='319513']
++++++++++++++++

;_; Why didn't you say anything during the tournament, now I'm sad.
[/quote]

Meh rules are rules. To be honest I liked the idea of refs deciding it and sticking by those rules. So many things can happen realistically when one goes to heal his pokes if he gets another chance. I know umbreon is leading. I can trade someone for a good switch option. I could add a move on one of my pokes. I could change the held item. I'd rather the refs always decide that its a dq and never leave it upto the opponent or make exceptions; even if it is a possible Shiny Lickitung QQ. lol

[quote name='Plizard' timestamp='1367643001' post='319521']
I hated having to DQ him during the tournament, I support this suggestion and will bring it up with Darkshade personally.
[/quote]

Thanks! I know in League of legends they used a colorblind option where it changed the minions to 2 better colors for colorblind people. I think it would be easy to have that option and just make the colors blue/red or blue/green instead of red/green.

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1367647966' post='319604']
I see no problem with accessibility options (with focus on the term [i]option[/i])... however in the meantime, it should be easy enough to examine the pokemon that you want to check their current hp.

For this issue in particular, color blindness has so very many different types; Even if the devs wanted to try and program around this, they might not be able to make everyone happy.
[/quote]

Yea honestly i could always just check the hp manually. I think its a small request though and by making contrasting colors there won't be any repercussions. Doesn't hurt to try

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1367647966' post='319604']
[/quote]actually there are a lot of games that do have a colorblind mode (World of Warcraft being one off the top of my head.) It's not impossible, or even really that difficult to do. Like Jag said it's a matter of contrasting colors.

[quote name='Rigamorty' timestamp='1367650357' post='319653']
actually there are a lot of games that do have a colorblind mode (World of Warcraft being one off the top of my head.) It's not impossible, or even really that difficult to do. Like Jag said it's a matter of contrasting colors.
[/quote]

Well you learn something new every day, Thanks for the tip; I should check out how wow is accomplishing this...

It is a common feature in some of the biggest games now like League of Legends and World of Warcaft. I support this feature because it is quite a chore just checking held items (for item clause) and other aspects of your pokemon for tournaments. To additionally have to check the health; even in everyday catching/levelling wouldn't be fun. I am sure it is a feature that those of us who can differentiate take for granted. In the real pokemon games there is even an annoying noise when your pokemon is dying (I don't think anyone misses that sound).

TLDR I support this.

+1 support......just an idea though, why not make an option to switch the 2 colors to any color you want? You know encase someone cant make out other certain colors ect? Making it able to change to any color would be most useful :3