[Official] Kanto Cup Tournament

[quote name='AnthonyDeGarzo' timestamp='1366327139' post='294899']
(Hope I did this right)

I feel kind of bad for these guys. They thought you signed up at the flower patch in pallet on Ch.7 at 7 today.
(While I was training on Tangelas)

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/yFR7Ioj.png[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

No offense, but if you don't even know how sign ups work (and it was posted way too darn often in this thread) and you don't even consider asking then yes you don't deserve being in this tournament.

Also, didn't that kidnappedduck guy actually sign up here? So he knew and didn't tell the rest? Now that's cruel :P

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366327225' post='294913']
thats illegal right?

You cant sell spots?
[/quote]

Hell if I know, if you'd read the spoiler you'd have seen I was joking anyway. Can't put a pricetag on the hassle off getting into one off these <_<

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366327319' post='294921']
Last time they did that they couldn't even get 32 people. Fact is, most people who get into tournaments are randoms who no-show. Its usually the same 80% of competitive players in every tournament. Changing it to 64 won't do anything but mean the Tournament Host has to create 2 brackets, go through more Reserves and then drive 5 minutes to get something for their overwhelming headache.
[/quote]

but i think if you want to make the game bigger, you should give more spots to new players, (i'm new and i'm joining in competitive battle), or every tournament we'll see the same players, and the competitive scene will be the same forever

[quote name='KingBowser' timestamp='1366327550' post='294933']
The last 64 person tournament was the heavy weights, 100's are dying and didn't have a prize like this
[/quote]

First heavyweights had a shiny Dratini. This was after Jolteon was randomly chosen and Squirtle said no.

[quote name='kassadin' timestamp='1366327612' post='294935']
but i think if you want to make the game bigger, you should give more spots to new players, (i'm new and i'm joining in competitive battle), or every tournament we'll see the same players, and the competitive scene will be the same forever
[/quote]

But the point of registrations like this with no guaranteed spots or seeding is to make it open. Anyone with the mental capacity to navigate a forum has an equal opportunity to get in, be they a top player or a mouthbreathing plebian.

[quote name='kassadin' timestamp='1366327612' post='294935']
[/quote]

If you want to make the game bigger, you create an actual competitive system. Not registering on a forum.

This is why I said a Ranking System should be considered. With Rankings you can rate the Top 100 (or more [probably more]) players who can compete in Tournaments on their level and bar them from any Unranked Tournament where anybody can join, win, and then get rated to be put onto the Rankings List. Work your way up from the bottom, earn better things. Isn't that the whole point to Pokemon battling?

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366327799' post='294940']
If you want to make the game bigger, you create an actual competitive system. Not registering on a forum.

This is why I said a Ranking System should be considered. With Rankings you can rate the Top 100 (or more [probably more]) players who can compete in Tournaments on their level and bar them from any Unranked Tournament where anybody can join, win, and then get rated to be put onto the Rankings List. Work your way up from the bottom, earn better things. Isn't that the whole point to Pokemon battling?
[/quote]

yea i agree with you

[quote name='Fore' timestamp='1366327840' post='294942']
100 tourny can be 64 players but not a 50s one?
[/quote]

The fact that it would be an overwhelmingly large pain in the ass for whoever is hosting to create a Bracket, only for 30+ random people who've never been in a Tournament before no-show... and then have to create a second Bracket for the people who do usually show up anyway (which takes forever)... What's the point? Its better to go through 10-12 Reserves than go through 30 Reserves just to get a Tournament started.

Not to mention the impatience people show and the chaos that comes from having that many people in one area. Look at the 50s Tournaments and the lag spikes people suffer from them. It slows the process down even more. And we all know Volpe Clause sucks. Nobody wants to do Volpe Clause except Volpe.

32 player Tournaments are perfectly suited for this sort of thing. If anything, they should be running multiples of these Tournaments a month since they have a ridiculously large amount of Staff to oversee them now. Anyone who joins/competes in the first one can't compete in the second one. And anyone who signed up and no-showed aren't allowed to sign up for the second either. Gives everybody an equal and fair chance, punishes those who decided to waste our time.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366327799' post='294940']

[/quote]

Yeh!
Starting from the bottom and earning your spot.

[quote name='Govictory' timestamp='1366327817' post='294941']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/U3r0r9T.gif[/img] 100's will fight on forever
[/quote]

QQ out of positive likes

[quote name='Statius' timestamp='1366327913' post='294945']
I hope not.
I'm getting extremely bored of 50s both OU and UU and thinking of getting into 100s
[/quote]

Do it. You won't regret it

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1366327995' post='294950']
The fact that it would be an overwhelmingly large pain in the ass for whoever is hosting to create a Bracket, only for 30+ random people who've never been in a Tournament before no-show... and then have to create a second Bracket for the people who do usually show up anyway (which takes forever)... What's the point? Its better to go through 10-12 Reserves than go through 30 Reserves just to get a Tournament started.

Not to mention the impatience people show and the chaos that comes from having that many people in one area. Look at the 50s Tournaments and the lag spikes people suffer from them. It slows the process down even more. And we all know Volpe Clause sucks. Nobody wants to do Volpe Clause except Volpe.
[/quote]

Also this tournament was already moved ahead a bit due to the highly anticipated (by the ACTUAL competitive playerbase) Sayounara tournament being later that evening, but I guess all the people that just went "shiny starter *drools*" don't actually know about that.

A 64 man tournament is just way too much logistic issues, especially when you make the bracket with people from GD where a lot aren't competitive and just sign up for the lulz and then completely forgot there was a tournament. You simply can't run a 64 man tourney with a few days notice.

To the people who are complaining about the forum lag, well I have news for you. I was in the Top 20 signed up, and I have a measly 5mb internet speed (i live in the middle of nowhere).

To the people who are complaining that they didn't know where/how to sign up, it was listed right in the opening post. Please learn to read.

BTW: I'm pretty sure I won't win this. I just started playing 2 days ago, and am still working on EV trainings. I have a LOT of grinding to do for Saturday. ;)

[quote name='BPark16' timestamp='1366328347' post='294965']
To the people who are complaining about the forum lag, well I have news for you. I was in the Top 20 signed up, and I have a measly 5mb internet speed (i live in the middle of nowhere).

To the people who are complaining that they didn't know where/how to sign up, it was listed right in the opening post. Please learn to read.

[b]BTW: I'm pretty sure I won't win this. I just started playing 2 days ago, and am still working on EV trainings. I have a LOT of grinding to do for Saturday. [/b] ;)
[/quote]

this is why im frustrated.

[quote name='BPark16' timestamp='1366328347' post='294965']
BTW: I'm pretty sure I won't win this. I just started playing 2 days ago, and am still working on EV trainings. I have a LOT of grinding to do for Saturday. ;)
[/quote]

[img]http://mariamuir.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/rip.gif[/img]