[Official] Kanto Cup Tournament

[quote name='G0dPower' timestamp='1366072051' post='287871']
there should be qualifications to enter these kind of tournies
[/quote]
[quote name='DoctorPBC' timestamp='1366074052' post='287924']
this, so we dont have 100s of randoms going after it.
[/quote]

I can appreciate your reasoning behind your thoughts; I'd love to see a tourny only for top 25 players and a few fan favorites, but It'd be a little unprofessional for them to say you can compete because you're a tourny regular and this person can't because they arent. The only reason this is an issue for you guys is because of the prize, which everyone should have a shot at if they're lucky enough to get in since this is an official event.

In all fairness didn't someone completely new win the double U tourney yesterday though?

I will admit to having tons of statistics that could be used, but I don't think a general consensus as to who should be in will ever happen. But if any GMs have an idea feel free to ask!

Unless it's like....reserve spots for the winner and 2nd place of the previous officials or something though, I can't see that happening

All of the short notices for these tournaments lately is starting to get annoying. I would have loved to participate in this one, yet made plans on Saturday. I mean, a week's notice is kind of borderlining it. Why can't they go back to the 2 weeks worth of notice? The Light/Middle/Heavy Tournys were posted a week or two in advance which gave some wiggle room to keep your night open. At least keep this in mind for the next one?

Bah. There goes ANOTHER Shiny Starter opportunity for me.

[quote name='GymLeaderGreen' timestamp='1366074877' post='287941']
I can appreciate your reasoning behind your thoughts; I'd love to see a tourny only for top 25 players and a few fan favorites, but It'd be a little unprofessional for them to say you can compete because you're a tourny regular and this person can't because they arent. The only reason this is an issue for you guys is because of the prize, which everyone should have a shot at if they're lucky enough to get in since this is an official event.
[/quote]

Its an issue for every tournament, the only reason its coming up now is the reward.... however the point remains. Why should jimmy over there who has 4 random assed 50s and will get eliminated in round 1 get in over a more seasoned competitive battler who has a chance at making it far in the tournament, all because he can press f5 faster then others.

There needs to be a better system at signing up for tournament because this is a mess. Maybe the time has come for qualifying tournaments, the top 8 from each tournament gets put in the tourney, this way it allows the serious battlers to all get a shot at winning while allowing perhaps a newcomer to make an impact. It includes everyone and doesnt leave the competitors down to the click of a button and a paste.