[Denied]PVP Area and Battle Frontier

WIlderness like idea : I think that in the end state of this project you should implement a PvP area. I know that you already can PVP in almost any location but what I am suggesting is that in this area you cannot choose whether or not to fight but just get sent into a fight. In this area you could also have it so that the winning trainer gets XP and maybe a money reward from the other trainer. To keep it from being obnoxious with a 6v6 team you could make an entrance count of maybe 1 or three pokemon per player.

Battle Frontier/ Competition like area : In this area you could make it similar to how the battle frontier went where you battle trainer to advance to the next one. If enough people went to it you could have a similar situation but it could be player vs player. It really isn't a battle frontier more like a pokemon stadium or pokemon online feel expect you have pokemon you trained and your trainer can get a prize for winning the competition. This idea could be done with or without XP.

This could give the game an extra layer of fun. I probably left a lot of things out and I'm sure the ideas I've given could be improved on but I think either of these ideas would be smart moves.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Anyone remember the Trainer House from GSC? The Trainer House was a place where you could battle a trainer with level 50 starters once a day. Implementing this as a local battle hub in PokeMMO could allow for battlers to hang and battle in Viridian as usual, and allow other players to travel through Viridian while maintaining at least 40 FPS. Did I mention that this location is canon to the main-game series?

[spoiler]hpy2jQF.png[/spoiler]

Bump.

Anyone remember the Trainer House from GSC? The Trainer House was a place where you could battle a trainer with level 50 starters once a day. Implementing this as a local battle hub in PokeMMO could allow for battlers to hang and battle in Viridian as usual, and allow other players to travel through Viridian while maintaining at least 40 FPS. Did I mention that this location is canon to the main-game series?

[spoiler]hpy2jQF.png[/spoiler]

"cannon" or not, we need something like this. Id even expand the idea and have a few of them in a few different locations such as Vermilion where the old guy has been trying to build something for 15 years and maybe Four Island. 

DY78Pgm.gif

Matchmaking is the only place for PvP huehuehue
No srsly though, go set up a tourney if you want a specific place to battle

Matchmaking Is ghey, not even joke worthy. As someone who does host tourneys, I still think this is needed. The places available to us now have a bunch of storyliners that like to sit in shout chat and get in the way, disrupting your events. And seeing as most hosts can't mute these annoying twats or move them away from the dueling area I think an indoor area designated for tourneys would be nice.

The official tournament area would be nice. I've always envisioned a use of the union room where you talk to the lady, she lists the ongoing tournaments, you pick one to go and observe/participate in.  At these tournaments the host would also have the ability to designate refs, and the host + refs would have the ability to mute/move/etc individuals in the tournament.  This is all on top of my ideas on improved in game tournament support.

it could be bottable.

That's true, and the people who do that would suck, but things like slots and egg hatching are bottable to an extent. It's a drag, but one that's never entirely preventable. 

That being said, I love this idea, but it would have to be done very carefully. 
For example, to prevent end-game players from abusing noobs to get rewards, there would have to be a requirement such as A) A certain point in story completion that would allow the player access, or B ) A maximum difference between two people's average levels, beyond which a challenge could not be issued. I would prefer the second, as it would allow noobs and fresh alts of the veterans to reap the benefits as well. 

However you wouldn't want fresh characters to have access to end game rewards, so there are things there that would need to be addressed. A ranking system would probably need to be devised, as well as a formula that figures rewards based on said rank, among numerous other complications.

Tl;dr: This would be awesome, but it would take lots and lots of work. +5, even though it probably won't be possible for a long time.

Edited for formatting

• 2 months later...

i didnt mean that part . i meant upstairs and downstairs and upstairs is divided

If you call this divided... come on..

Best place is the rock tunnel entrance on power plant, (where i do pokedaily), you have very good divided site, and pokecenter in 3 steps.

If you call this divided... come on..

Best place is the rock tunnel entrance on power plant, (where i do pokedaily), you have very good divided site, and pokecenter in 3 steps.

ya dat is good but museum looks cool . im not saying its the most convenient im saying its one of the best looking.(it has a rocket!)