Reddit

AstralSea

[quote name='Dahaka' timestamp='1365814585' post='282142']
-Downvotes unpopular opinon to create a giant hivemind circlejerk
[/quote]

Mostly this. 4chan is full of harmless assholes (except for /b/, grimdark 15 year olds gonna grimdark) but Reddit is full of pompous arrogant holier than thou assholes.

I frequent it now mostly for the news, sports, and rare enjoyable laugh from r/funny. I browse mostly on my phone, so the layout doesn't bother me. Honestly, I can see why it's hated, for all the reasons Dahaka mentioned, but it can be a decent site if you use it correctly.

I prefer 4chan, of course. Look at /vp/ and r/pokemon and you'll know why. That said, I think Reddit's salvageable. Much like people were saying in the 4chan thread, it depends on where in the site you go. It's necessary to unsubscribe to almost all of the default stuff, otherwise, meems and circlejerks ahoy. The format leads to some horrific stuff, edgy ratheists probably being the worst of it.

But, I would contend that the format works just fine for places like /r/AskHistorians. Good academic-style writing floats to the top, and the terrific mod team deletes drivel quickly and efficiently. You see a bit of repetition in terms of the questions being asked, but I can get over that.

[quote name='Chuckie' timestamp='1365855799' post='282879']
what the fuck can you even meme arrow?
[/quote]
[spoiler][quote name='Chuckie' timestamp='1365855799' post='282879']
can you even meme arrow?
[/quote]
[spoiler][quote name='Chuckie' timestamp='1365855799' post='282879']
meme arrow
[/quote]
[spoiler][img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/what-no.gif[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.