[Denied]Redeeming Pokemon for Game Corner coins

The time It would take me to farm the coins to get the tm you would have gotten as well as a good chansey and not even have a shot at an egg is way way way off the 40 coin per chansey mark. Even with lucky eggs not factored in it doesn't equal up.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365810418' post='281990']
The time It would take me to farm the coins to get the tm you would have gotten as well as a good chansey and not even have a shot at an egg is way way way off the 40 coin per chansey mark. Even with lucky eggs not factored in it doesn't equal up.
[/quote]

So how would YOU structure the payout system so that it's "balanced"?

[quote name='Ductape' timestamp='1365812123' post='282043']
This sounds like alot of development work when then devs can be working on new regions >.>
[/quote]

They aren't working on ANY new regions right now since Kanto isn't even finished yet. This actually isn't as involved as you think either. They were able to add a second person in the Celadon Gift Shop fairly easily. This would be a new person in either the GC or the Prize Center, preferably the GC itself since there is space behind the counter for something like this.

Also, one other point, when you trade in the Pokemon, they disappear from your party.

[quote name='Ductape' timestamp='1365813362' post='282091']
The point was they can be using the time to widen the game rather then fine tune the game. you get me? this is something they should add when the game is nearly complete in terms of content.
[/quote]

Not exactly, because Hoenn also has a Game Corner. So if they wanted to do something like this, it would be wise to have it implemented while the scope of it is small so that it can be debugged easily.

[url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mauville_Game_Corner"]http://bulbapedia.bu...lle_Game_Corner[/url]

Edit:
Here's my idea with this. We structure the payout table like this:

Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir: 40
Kangaskhan: 35
Dratini: 30
Clefairy: 20
Abra/Vulpix: 15
Horsea: 10

I see no point in having Porygon, Eevee, or the starters included since they are not obtainable in the wild.

You get a limit of 10 (could be as low as 5 since that is the max number you could trade in on one shot) Pokemon trade-ins per day (could be IRL or in game). Once you trade the Pokemon to the Game Corner, it disappears from your party and you get the coins for its value.

[quote name='XelaKebert' timestamp='1365775104' post='280914']
Hardly because most people who farm Pokemon like Chansey are doing so to get Lucky Eggs. Other than release them, what else are they going to do with them? If they are bad natured and have poor IVs, no one will take them. If you had read the payouts in Volpi's posts, you would see that they have now been scaled back. A Chansey would only get 40 coins being traded in at the GC. Plus it still takes a lot of grinding just to get enough Pokemon to trade in to have enough coins for the prize you want. Either way the time sink is there and it's not easily exploitable. How many people have you seen banned for botting the slots? This gives people a chance to earn coins while not having to change machines every so often to prevent being disconnected for being AFK or mistaken for botting.
[/quote]

I feel like this is a rehearsed answer for a point I never even made. I never mentioned Lucky Eggs neither did I mention Chansey. People hunt Chansey to sell Lucky Eggs for competative pokemon, my point is that people do the same at the game corner. Lucky Eggs are a part of the economy and so are the Game Corner TMs, making either more available would reduce their value. How do you think the Lucky Egg farmers would feel if suddenly everyone could obtain Lucky Eggs without having to do what they've already been doing for months? (It happened before, they were not happy...At all.)

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1365850360' post='282830']
I feel like this is a rehearsed answer for a point I never even made. I never mentioned Lucky Eggs neither did I mention Chansey. People hunt Chansey to sell Lucky Eggs for competative pokemon, my point is that people do the same at the game corner. Lucky Eggs are a part of the economy and so are the Game Corner TMs, making either more available would reduce their value. How do you think the Lucky Egg farmers would feel if suddenly everyone could obtain Lucky Eggs without having to do what they've already been doing for months? (It happened before, they were not happy...At all.)
[/quote]

1) Did you read my edit above? I proposed that there should be a cooldown period on this so that people can't just run back and forth from the Pokemon Center to trade in Pokemon (should any kind of Portable PC idea get implemented, this would also prevent people from using that to gain coins quickly as well). During the cooldown period they could still farm for more Pokemon, but the only way they would be able to gain coins would be grinding the slots. In addition, you would have to be the OT of the Pokemon you're trading in, to prevent people from trading for the Pokemon from other players.

2) Lucky Eggs appear on about 0.5% of wild Chansey. No one will just suddenly be able to obtain a Lucky Egg because they will only be able to find them on wild Chansey.

3) With a cooldown period between each trade in, how would more TMs become available? A 6 hour IRL cooldown to even trade in enough Pokemon extends the time it takes to obtain a TM from the Game Corner out to a few DAYS. So, TMs will not just flood the market because they will be harder to obtain using this method as it would take at least 25 (at 5 Pokemon per trade-in) trade ins to reach the required coin amount for a TM that costs 6000 coins. Doing some math here using a 6 hour IRL cooldown time for this with a cap of 10 Pokemon per in game day it would take at least 78 hours IRL to get the other 5000 coins.

[quote name='fslslayer' timestamp='1365838555' post='282662']
God I hate the game corner... so friggin boring.
I have 5 million poke dollars and I still have to grind on a game slot game until I can buy a stupid tm. /sadpanda
[/quote]

You're still going to be doing a lot of grinding to get the coins you need. The only difference is that you would be hunting Pokemon. Plus with a cooldown period your only other option to gain coins during that time would be to grind the slots.

[quote name='XelaKebert' timestamp='1365813806' post='282105']
Not exactly, because Hoenn also has a Game Corner. So if they wanted to do something like this, it would be wise to have it implemented while the scope of it is small so that it can be debugged easily.

[url="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mauville_Game_Corner"]http://bulbapedia.bu...lle_Game_Corner[/url]

Edit:
Here's my idea with this. We structure the payout table like this:

Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir: 40
Kangaskhan: 35
Dratini: 30
Clefairy: 20
Abra/Vulpix: 15
Horsea: 10

I see no point in having Porygon, Eevee, or the starters included since they are not obtainable in the wild.

You get a limit of 10 (could be as low as 5 since that is the max number you could trade in on one shot) Pokemon trade-ins per day (could be IRL or in game). Once you trade the Pokemon to the Game Corner, it disappears from your party and you get the coins for its value.
[/quote]

You can get 30 coins with Psyducks at the slots faster than you catch any of the above pokemon.
So I don't really get the point of this.

Plus, Lucky Eggs appear on 5% of Chanseys, not 0.5%.

[quote name='Chaootic' timestamp='1365861092' post='282972']
You can get 30 coins with Psyducks at the slots faster than you catch any of the above pokemon.
So I don't really get the point of this.

Plus, Lucky Eggs appear on 5% of Chanseys, not 0.5%.
[/quote]

1) I had already brought up that point several times before so repeating it doesn't contribute anything

2) Either way, they're still hard to find.

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Edit:[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Here's my revised idea with this. We structure the payout table like this:[/background][/color]

[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Chansey/Scyther/Pinsir: 40[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Kangaskhan: 35[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Dratini: 30[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Clefairy: 20[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Abra/Vulpix: 15[/background][/color]
[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Horsea: 10[/background][/color]

[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]I see no point in having Porygon, Eevee, or the starters included since they are not obtainable in the wild.[/background][/color]

[color=#282828][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]You get a limit of 10 (could be as low as 5 since that is the max number you could trade in on one shot) Pokemon trade-ins per day (could be IRL or in game). Once you trade the Pokemon to the Game Corner, it disappears from your party and you get the coins for its value, and the Pokemon the GC is looking for changes each day. In order to gain coins using this method, you can only trade in the Pokemon they are looking for. In addition, you must be the OT and have caught the Pokemon AFTER this is implemented.[/background][/color][/font][/size]