[Denied]Change GameCorner payouts

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365630606' post='277549']
1 cherry in a corner pays 4 coins.

While you get a miserable 4 coin reward, you could've rolled at least 3 more times. I'd rather get nothing at all instead of those miserable 4 coins.

Face it, if you're not getting 777's, you're not making coins at all. That's the problem with the GC right now. And even with these changes, it's still going to take hours to farm TM's and pokemon, don't worry.
[/quote]

ahh thats right, forgot about the single cherry. Either way thats still not 3 things lines up. And as I said in a previous post, the stall for payouts should be removed, not the cherries themselves.

[quote name='fabel' timestamp='1365630719' post='277553']
Yes the game corner is bad as it is, but you were saying that synchronize would be like the game corner is, because they balanced it out for the MMO scene, catching pokemon is playing pokemon at its very core. grinding slots is not.
[/quote]

I've beaten the elite 4 and caught everything there is to catch, my goal to be the best has been accomplished, I would like to retire to the slots.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365629442' post='277509']
professions are the slots of pokemmo for wow
[/quote]

[quote name='the WoW Wiki']Through practice, a character gains skill levels within the profession and becomes more capable within that profession.[/quote]

Sounds more like leveling up a pokemon through grinding than it does drooling incoherently at a set of spinning pinwheels hoping you get lucky (or in your case doing something else like watching TV while kind of paying attention to a set of spinning pinwheels and hoping you get lucky) for hours to me.

[quote name='Plague' timestamp='1365631133' post='277558']
Sounds more like leveling up a pokemon through grinding than drooling incoherently at a set of spinning pinwheels for hours to me.
[/quote]

That description can be said for all of pokemon in general, pressing left and right for hours on end drooling incoherently as the screen moves left and right in the same patch of grass.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365631463' post='277565']
That description can be said for all of pokemon in general, pressing left and right for hours on end drooling incoherently as the screen moves left and right in the same patch of grass.
[/quote]

One of these things does not actually involve a pokemon.

Leveling up a pokemon.

Catching a pokemon.

"Playing" a slot machine.

Can you guess which one it is?

[quote name='Plague' timestamp='1365631520' post='277568']

Leveling up a pokemon.

Catching a pokemon.

[/quote]

There are handful of pokemon you can get from slots, and the moves you get to teach them, it does involve pokemon.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1365631585' post='277570']
There are handful of pokemon you can get from slots, and the moves you get to teach them, it does involve pokemon.
[/quote]

This is only true because of godawful fucking decisions by the staff to involve this terrible piece of shit minigame in our daily Pokemon activities. You would normally never have to touch the Game Corner to get those Pokemon/Items/Moves.

[quote name='Plague' timestamp='1365631520' post='277568']

Leveling up a pokemon.

Catching a pokemon.

[/quote]

protip: the correct answer rewards you with this

[spoiler][img]http://ebiz247.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/arthritis-hand-300x240.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

What this comes down to is everyone hates the slots. I know it was a hard feature to impliment, but face it developers, it sucks to use it for hours at a time. There are many prizes where that is the only place in the game to get them, so we are forced to play the slots for hours upon hours just to get them. That makes your game worse.

In the real pokemon game we can buy as many coins as we want and playing the slots is a way to save money. Some people will still want to save money and some people will still use them. But I personally have $6.6 million and nothing to spend it on. I wish I was allowed to spend it at the game corner.

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1365632258' post='277591']
What this comes down to is everyone hates the slots. I know it was a hard feature to impliment, but face it developers, it sucks to use it for hours at a time. There are many prizes where that is the only place in the game to get them, so we are forced to play the slots for hours upon hours just to get them. That makes your game worse.

In the real pokemon game we can buy as many coins as we want and playing the slots is a way to save money. Some people will still want to save money and some people will still use them. But I personally have $6.6 million and nothing to spend it on. I wish I was allowed to spend it at the game corner.
[/quote]
but that's not what this thread is for.

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1365632258' post='277591']

[/quote]

This will never happen, as much as you want it, it won't.

They want you to grind. This thread's point is to reduce the grinding, because it is ridiculous right now. I do agree that the grinding should still be there, though.

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1365632341' post='277593']
This will never happen, as much as you want it, it won't.

They want you to grind. This thread's point is to reduce the grinding, because it is ridiculous right now. I do agree that the grinding should still be there, though.
[/quote]

If we're talking about reducing the grinding we might as well be talking about removing it altogether. Reducing would be a step in the right direction but removing it would be several steps better.

[quote name='MDE' timestamp='1365632492' post='277597']
You can be named "Phaggot" for all I care. I have no business remembering the names of nobodies.

The staff have clearly seen the thread since they cited what exactly was getting posted in here.
[/quote]

Being needlessly belligerent to each other is irrelevant to this discussion. Lay off, or take it to PMs, both of you.

[quote name='Nakakami' timestamp='1365632640' post='277603']
Remove the limit of buyable coins but increase the price 5x (50 coins would be 5000$ instead of 1000$, 9999 would be near 1000000$). Let them play pokémon and grind money if they don't want to play the slot machines. Problem solved and everyone is happy.
[/quote]

This is the best suggestion in the thread. At least it allows people the choice between grinding coins and grinding money.

[quote name='Hemlock' timestamp='1365632724' post='277606']
Being needlessly belligerent to each other is irrelevant to this discussion. Take it to PMs, both of you.
[/quote]
[spoiler]HEIMLARK4DEV2008+5[/spoiler]

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1365632863' post='277611']
This is the best suggestion in the thread. At least it allows people the choice between grinding coins and grinding money.
[/quote]
But thats just increasing the grind even more, all we're trying to say is, until newer,better GC games are implemented, just fix the jackpot rates for slots

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1365632863' post='277611']
[/quote]
Sadly, a staff member has said that the coins can't be raised higher than 9999 since the GUI has been made and will not be changed.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1365633016' post='277617']
Sadly, a staff member has said that the coins can't be raised higher than 9999 since the GUI has been made and will not be changed.
[/quote]
i think you misread the suggestion, hes saying 9999 coins would be 1000000$

[quote name='fabel' timestamp='1365633101' post='277624']
i think you misread the suggestion, hes saying 9999 coins would be 1000000$
[/quote]
Oops, I did. Well it looks like he's saying make coins completely buyable. Even if they're at a million dollars, I doubt that'll ever happen.

As we have said multiple times, more games shall come in the future.

This is our current solution to deciding between having the game corner available currently, and not having it avaialble until those extra games are completed.
I am sure players would much prefer having access to the game corner, than not having one at all, and even if some players might not, I am certain the majority would.
Is the game corner fun in it's current incarnation? Perhaps not in your opinion. Does it require skill? Perhaps not.

It does however give players access to a feature which they had been looking forward to for a very long time.
Whilst maintaining the value of the items avaiable of prizes, at an average rate of what we'd like the time to obtain those items would be after newer games were implemented.

Time and time again suggestions are suggested to bypass the fact that you have to grind the slots to get coins, or in this case, giving you more coins at grinding the slots.

The thing is, it's incredibly unlikely to happen, because it's completely RNG based, we cannot allow for a 'better output if you're skilled at the game' system, therefore we have to settle for what we'd like the average to be when we have those other games fully developed.

Doing it this way allows players to access more content, whether it be as enjoyable as it could be or not, whilst giving us time to work on other things, and then go back to putting further effort into the game corner.

Currently it's just a hurdle you'll have to leap over, and hopefully be somewhat happy that it's available to leap over in the first place.

[quote name='deered' timestamp='1365635118' post='277681']
We should be happy, no one here is owed anything.
[/quote]
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/NRLgxN7.gif[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='deered' timestamp='1365635118' post='277681']
We should be happy, no one here is owed anything.
[/quote]

If it weren't for the players, there wouldn't be a game in the first place.

FACT: Most players want the game corner to be at least an easier grind than it is right now.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1365634070' post='277653']
The thing is, it's incredibly unlikely to happen, because it's completely RNG based, we cannot allow for a 'better output if you're skilled at the game' system, therefore we have to settle for what we'd like the average to be when we have those other games fully developed.
[/quote]

>RNG
>Skill

Choose one

Also, maybe you wouldn't get so many GC suggestions if you didn't make HP and Return 6000 coins, not to mention that the Tutor wasn't even implemented for return and we cant buy more than 1000 coins