[Video][Commentary] PokeMMO Let's Play

I just thought I'd link people who may be interested here on the forums to 2 PokeMMO Let's Plays that just started.

The first one is done by myself, ElSulca, and is more of a compilation of gameplay highlights. The link to that is here: http://youtu.be/WyEsVlXYTC0

The second one is done by my friend, TannerTheBananer, and is a more in depth play through of PokeMMO. The link to that is here: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSZT9iSKPc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSZT9iSKPc[/url]

Feedback, positive or negative, is much appreciated :)

Sorry, but there already are way too many of these.
All people who do this have the same voices, talk to eachother in the same way, etc, it's not intresting in the slightest to watch.
All pokemmo co op let's play simply are the same.
If you do plan on finishing this whole game, I strongly, but really strongly suggest your team consists of pokemon that you'd otherwise never see in a let's play, such as event pokemon, Johto pokemon, weak pokemon (Murkrow for example), etc.

Raichu/Charizard (or any other starter)/gyarados/Arcanine/dragonite/tyrannitar/pidgeot/alakazam/gengar are pokemons I strongly recommend for not using in a let's play, as we all know and don't want to see them.
Something really intresting would be this series without a starter at all.
Make the lets play unique, RoarArrogance his let's play of this has an unique aspect involved in his let's play, mayby you could watch some of his videos for inspiration.
I am currently following a few let's plays of this.

As a viewer, I can say that often duels are nice, but I would suggest to speed them up a bit, you lose voicechat if you do that, but the turn based combat is simply so slow it's painfull to watch.
Don't expect a huge audience, 2-4 likes will be the standard, and your video will most likely not reach over 30 views.
Get the HG/SS textures for pokemon, and set the battle background to blend, that is far more enjoyable for the viewer.

If you need any more feedback about a pokeMMO series, you can ask, as I can give waymore, I have seen way to much series of these (5 or so)
With that being said, I will most likely not watch this series, but I wish you good luck.

Thanks for the feedback!

I see and agree with a lot of your points. However, since my series focuses more on the personalities of the people playing and the funny moments that occur while we play the game, I won't be taking your advice. My series doesn't really take the game seriously. In fact it would be pretty difficult to keep up with my progression in the game with the way I have edited the videos. This is primarily because I don't enjoy full blown let's plays of Pokemon games. I prefer to watch the comedic situations a group of friends has when playing a game.

That being said, I will happily alert my friend of your constructive feedback because his let's play is much more serious and will follow his journey throughout the game. I agree with all of your suggestions on how to make a PokeMMO let's play more entertaining to watch and I really appreciate the suggestions. Hopefully my friend takes your advice and creates a very unique Pokemon let's play. Thanks again!

• Kizhaz locked this topic