[Unofficial] Dev Tracking - August 21st 2014

Updated August 21st 2014 3:27PM (Central Time no DST)
For a list of upcoming bug fixes click here.
We now have a wiki page! I've updated guys!
If you know of features that will be coming in the game, please cite and link the original forum post so I can put in in the OP.

Do not ask for ETAs as only the developers have that sort of information. NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING
THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION THREAD. If you have suggestions please visit the suggestion box by clicking here and post a thread there.

What's the purpose of this thread?
To gather information of things we already know upcoming for the game. These features are things that are not only things mentioned in the development progress, but rather, features confirmed by the developers in the forums.

Example:
Orange Shiny Box Will be Done Next Update

I kind of want to do something that Minecraft has done with their upcoming features (done like this) so people know what's coming and what hasn't been confirmed.

Features Confirmed for the next update:
Possible Release Date: Fall 2014

Features Confirmed Soon™
- Move animation for HMs* (Source)
- Open/Close door animations (Source)
- A mail system (Source)
- A log out button in the menus. (Source)
- In-battle sprites should reflect your character customisations Eventually™ (Source) (Source2)
- Surfing on your Pokemon.**** (Source)
- Caught Pokemon can be marked via symbols (Source)
- Better Character Management (Source)
- In-Game Release Notes (Source) (Source2)
- Egg Hatching Counter (Source)
- Music for specific trainers (Source)
- Egg hatching bonuses (Source)
- Craftable Items (Source)
- *Pickup ability will have custom items not traditional from FireRed/LeafGreen (Source) (Source2)
- Auction House (Source)
- Egg Hatching Statuses (Source)
- Breeding mechanics resolved (Source)

- Improved matchmaking (Source)

- Non-potato AI. This requires us to set up skill interactions with all possible states of pokémon in the game, all possible skill interactions, type interactions, etc. Takes a while. (Source)

- Alternative PvP Game Modes, being Rentals/Trainer Tower. (Source)

- The first PvE dungeon with the first capturable Legendary. (Source)

- Various other improvements with existing features, including proper controller support for in-game GUIs + expanded team functionality. (Source)

- Some more critical bugs being addressed, e.g. performance issues on very low-end computers ("Swords Dance" crash). (Source)

- Forking the client for mobile device support. Android 4.0+ only. You'll see this much later this year, probably. (Source)

- Exit to log-in (Source)

- Android Support (Source)

- Some region based off of Emerald or an import from Emerald (by the end of the year challenge) (Source)

* Signifies that there is a good chance it will be in the next update, but no official response has been indicated.

**** Indicates to happen not right away.

Features Possibly™ Confirmed (Sourced Rumors/Speculation)
- Battle system will be partly ran on generation IV rules. (Source)
- Hatching egg status. (Source)
- All Pokemon will be available (Implying ALL Pokemon from Gen I-V [maybe six]) [In a few years maybe] (Source)
- Character Customization (Changing the character's features after first edit) (Source)
- Trainer card improvements are planned Eventually™ (Source)
- Earning legendaries through the untraditional method of getting them (Source)(Source 2)
- Motorbikes via Gift Shop (Source)
- Bait that attracts different Pokemon. Used in fishing.** (Source)
- Custom maps which would have board games.*** (Source)
- In-game helper that teaches the game. Most likely to be implemented in bot form. (Source)
- Nuzlocke/alternative game modes (Source)
- Team feature changes (Source):

• Allowing duplicate team tags (Maybe)

- Matchmaking improvements (Source)

- Milotic available only in contests (Source)

- EV rework (Source)

**Indicates that it was given a maybe and it possibly may or may not be denied in the future.
***Indicates that this will happen in the far, far future and may or may not happen at all. They have the resources to do so.

Unconfirmed Features
[spoiler]- Johto Region
- Hoenn Region (Not even started, but implied it may happen much later)
- A solution to evolve Feebas (aka beauty)
- Trainer Tower (It's there but it's NYI so no confirmation as I'm aware of)
[/spoiler]
NYI = Not yet implemented

Denied™ Features
Emlee (RIP Canadian Staff) made a thread of denied features. You can go see it here.

Current Contributors (aka Special Thanks to:):
[spoiler]Jupsto
Mariout - For pointing out the simplest mistakes
Dannnno - He is just a boss. I mean this kid is my #1 hero. Please go make a statue of him right now.
- Finding a whole other bunch of stuff
JLaw - For providing support when it was needed.
Kyu - For pranking us all and being a reliable source of information at the same time.
sgtkwol - For showing a glimmer of hope.
Chestbrah - For getting two suggestions approved. Nice job man!
CipherWeston - For inspiring to make me a bug fix thread in the bug report section.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='jupsto' timestamp='1365042719' post='264576']
Cool thread but FAQ just says not implemented. I doubt legendaries will be implemented and am beginning to think breeding is not on their to do list :(
[/quote]

That's actually true I'll move that to a different section. Thanks!

[quote name='Lios' timestamp='1365043038' post='264584']
I thought no ETAs?
[/quote]

ETA is when you ask the developer when it comes out and they give a date. We know there is another update coming out but we do not know the ETA, that is, the time it is released.

[quote name='Mariout' timestamp='1365043515' post='264595']
Umm... What?
[/quote]

That means there has been talk about it before but I don't have an actual link to prove it. I may call it rumors, but then that defeats the purpose of a list of upcoming features.

Edit: Now called "Unconfirmed Features"

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1365043751' post='264602']

That means there has been talk about it before but I don't have an actual link to prove it. I may call it rumors, but then that defeats the purpose of a list of upcoming features.

Edit: Now called "Unconfirmed Features"
[/quote]
What I meant was Kanto is confirmed. It's been implemented for a year. Did you maybe mean to say Johto?

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1365044144' post='264607']

OH I meant Johto. Whoops!
[/quote]
Oh okay, that explains it. One more little thing; That same section has "money selling". I don't know if you literally mean the ability to sell money (For.. More money, I suppose) or selling items for money.

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1365048934' post='264707']
With regards to the day/night cycle, I've seen devs say several times that there *will* be day/night spawns at some point. iirc Kyu has said several things of that nature on Skazord's guide to the new update.
[/quote]

I've heard things too, but I can't confirm it unless there's some sort of link or evidence. I'll try finding it on the forums because I remember he did say it there too.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1365050703' post='264745']
I've heard things too, but I can't confirm it unless there's some sort of link or evidence. I'll try finding it on the forums because I remember he did say it there too.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1364670818' post='255352']
The 'cycles' system is a simple day-of-the-week spawn system.[b] We'll be using something similar (Night-time + DoW) for Night-time spawns[/b], but AC will likely not be the same by the time next update rolls around.

Not sure what we'll end up with for AC; We had several ideas, including procedurally generated mazes and pseudo-random spawns, and AC will likely end up being a combination of those two ideas. As there is literally no lore behind it, it's a good place to test out custom systems.
[/quote]

[quote name='Kyu' timestamp='1364521655' post='252077']
It's an odd number of cycles (and you're about to see it loop around.)

Now that we've gone through a full week of it in-game, I figure that I'll clear up some facts regarding AC:[list=1]
[*]Altering Cave's spawns will alter every day @ midnight. (You've all figured this out, though)
[*]The spawns are directly correlated to the day of the week in-game, and will be consistent across the days of next week (assuming that it loops around correctly in about 4 hours)
[*]Since the # of possible tables is currently an odd number, the possibility of you encountering a different table every day at the same time is guaranteed.
[*]Most of the exclusive pokémon you see in Altering Cave currently will not be exclusive to AC [b]once Day/Night spawns have been added to the live servers, which will happen during the next major update.[/b]
[/list]
Amusingly enough, AC also helped us stress test the servers since there were well over a thousand people in all 8 channels of AC, pushing out over 3MB/s in bandwidth. It helped us identify a few possible things to adjust for further bandwidth savings.

I'm currently watching how AC will affect the metagame, and will be adjusting AC's encounter tables as is deemed appropriate. You may see some new pokémon, the removal of some old ones, and level adjustments in the next few updates.
[/quote]

Enough to confirm?

The fact that you take Hoenn confirmed seriously when a mod posted a joke in the april fools thread saying "you know what this means" and you using that as your source. (The picture is hardly solid proof.)

That alone, makes me disregard this entire thread :P

[quote name='Capped' timestamp='1365068153' post='265025']
The fact that you take Hoenn confirmed seriously when a mod posted a joke in the april fools thread saying "you know what this means" and you using that as your source. (The picture is hardly solid proof.)

That alone, makes me disregard this entire thread :P
[/quote]

Capped pls. This isn't an April Fools joke. [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/16460-the-next-generation-of-hats-have-finally-arrived/#entry243489"]It has been said multiple times with this also being one of them.[/url] Also, it's April 4th! You think they would have said "April Fools!" if they haven't already.

[quote name='Cirno' timestamp='1365067830' post='265020']
Breeding : never
[/quote]

Pls go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.