[Denied]Biographies for your character

First off, I would like to apoligize for my garbage English and my weird sentence structure, I have this problem in my native language; Dutch, aswell.

A couple of years ago, I played an MMO, just like many MMO's this game had the classic "Inspect" feature, where you could watch the other player his gear, buffs, etc.
However, this game had something different while inspecting; a biography, where you could write all sorts of stuff, ranging from PVP related kills, to highest damage, to trade information.

Here is an example of how a biography could look like:

[spoiler]
Hello, I am walrus, I roleplay as a walrus hopefully to entertain you, I have garbage humour and garbage english.
I can be found hanging out in channel 2 most of the time, if you need help with something, /whisper me and I'd be glad to help you out.
I also have a 6v6 lvl 100s competetive team, I don't competetively duel a lot, so don't expect a really harsh fight :P

Stuff I have for trade:
Shiny pidgeot

Stuff I am looking for:
Shiny beedrill
Shiny tentacruel
[/spoiler]

I think this really adds to the MMO feel this game already has, and it could improve ingame trading, instead of on the forums.
And I know this really is low priority, but it would be nice if added, I don't see any negative effects yet.

Thoughts?

[quote name='AzizFTW' timestamp='1364900897' post='260755']
Uh oh. I support this +1

People will fill their biographys with websites, spam, curse, the such. A way to avoid/prevent this?
[/quote]

Oh right. That's a rather big con. Probably won't happen then.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364907028' post='260863']
That title. So misspelled...

For some reason I see this more of a plus on the forums than in-game, but if it gets implemented in-game, I'd be fine with it.

Support no matter what.
[/quote]

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1364899068' post='260736']
[b]First off, I would like to apoligize for my garbage English[/b] and my weird sentence structure, I have this problem in my native language; Dutch, aswell.
[/quote]

[quote name='ElikA' timestamp='1364909610' post='260921']
But it's a typo. It's not like you don't know the word; you just don't know how to type. Or edit it for that matter.
[/quote]
I actually don't know the word, I remember it was called like that in the MMO I played, but I have no idea how to type it.
Edit
Googled it, and now I know (and hopefully should remember) all those words are with ies.

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1364909714' post='260925']
I actually don't know the word, I remember it was called like that in the MMO I played, but I have no idea how to type it.
Edit
Googled it, and now I know (and hopefully should remember) all those words are with ies.
[/quote]Maybe now you should search on Google how to edit it.

[quote name='TheGloriousWalrus' timestamp='1364909990' post='260931']
... What are you talking about, I already edited it before I edited my own post.
And there is no reason to be grumpy.
[/quote]Maybe it takes a while to load, because it still looks wrong to me. Looking at 'Biograhpies' is making me quite grumpy.

I like this idea a lot. It'd probably help people who do speak other languages and play the MMO in connecting with each other. It's an unobtrusive way to find out a little about a person before striking up a conversation with them.

+1

[quote name='Lindele' timestamp='1364910876' post='260962']
I like this idea a lot. It'd probably help people who do speak other languages and play the MMO in connecting with each other. It's an unobtrusive way to find out a little about a person before striking up a conversation with them.
[/quote]
With that being the case, should it be required that all biographies be in English, or their native language?

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1364910949' post='260966']
With that being the case, should it be required that all biographies be in English, or their native language?
[/quote]
I think it should be in whatever the language the user uses, specifically for the aforementioned reason. Most players who play do have some concept of English, but many choose to go to their respective language channels, switching from EN to ES/FR/what have you. I don't think restrictions should be placed on what languages players can use in-game in terms of biographies, should it be implemented.