[Denied]Ability to Trade Unlimited Pokemon Between PCs/Items without Pokemon

To summarize the idea for the devs:
- The ability to trade an "Unlimited" number of Pokemon from the PC if BOTH users are in the Pokemon center.
- The ability to trade items without needing to attach them to Pokemon
- If there are too many Pokemon in the party, the remaining Pokemon get sent into the PC.
- Edited: I was thinking about what Darkshade said and I think cancelling the trade if there isn't enough space in the PC should be what happens.
Details:
Look, the trading system is pretty amazing right now and it's almost next to impossible to get scammed. The only problem it has now is when you want to trade more than five Pokemon, there's a lot of insecurities and risks involving this. A lot of the scams come from 5+ Pokemon trades and as a user, I've came to ignore those trades. I know there is trading suggestion threads, but my concept has photos and all and I really don't want to flood it with my idea.

So how it works is outside of the Pokemon Centre, your trading would work as normal. It would only allow you to trade five Pokemon max, but now, it would also allow you to trade items too if you dont have enough holding space for your Pokemon. If the deal goes through, same stuff happens, and so forth.

The biggest change in my trading system is now when you are in the perimeters of any Pokemon centre (the interior of the Pokemon centre), trades can involve an "unlimited" (the maximum capacity of boxes) of Pokemon as it can access the PC and import Pokemon from there into the trade.

So here's a concept of the new GUI in "Unlimited mode"
[spoiler]unlimitedlayout.jpg
[/spoiler]

And here's a flow chart of how it exactly works:
[spoiler]flowchartt.jpg[/spoiler]

Benefits/Harms
[spoiler]Who does it benefit?
- Alt. runners who don't want to do multiple trades
- People who do trades
- Staff who deal with customers that have gotten 5+ trade scammed.

Who does it harm?
- Scammers who exploit 5+ trade scams in the game.[/spoiler]

The "Unlimited" GUI concept in-game. Special thanks goes out to WarOX!
[spoiler]conceptx.png

5lqHO.png

[/spoiler]

I'm not sure how hard this would be, but the resources are there in terms of making this happen.

[quote name='ProfessorElderberry' timestamp='1364702879' post='256462']
+5 points for the flow chart!

This idea is one of many ways the devs could tackle this; I think for the work you put into your well written suggestion, it warrants them to seriously consider if this is a viable solution!

Great Job!
[/quote]

Thanks! I used to take a developing course in Java and they told us how to provide our ideas through a development flow chart. It's really effective to express thoughts to developers and rather than explaining it in text, it brings a visual sense to a program a lot easier.

What happens when the player has a full PC, and they do not wish to delete any Pokemon from it to accept the new ones?
Does the trade just simply cancel itself?

And that's fair enough, however there would be some time during the time players have to delete Pokemon from their PC to make way for new ones, where the other player is left waiting for them to do it.

In which case, (If that is the case) I would propose a 'trade purgatory' in which up to six Pokemon from an overflow trade be sent until the user is able to clear their PC.
If the user has any Pokemon in trade purgatory, they are completely unable to trade.

This would give the user time to transfer their Pokemon over to an alt, instead of being forced to delete them.
Though, granted, they should have been prepared beforehand.

I dislike my above idea, but it is a solution.

I think the only reason I can see this idea not being implemented (And it should, given that it's a mechanic in gen V), is possible duplication exploits that would need to be looked into.

[quote name='Darkshade' timestamp='1364705466' post='256521']
What happens when the player has a full PC, and they do not wish to delete any Pokemon from it to accept the new ones?
Does the trade just simply cancel itself?
[/quote]

If a user has a full PC they should have been aware of that in the first place, but I guess people do miss this so I do have an idea. One solution is to give a user a notification before the trade saying "Warning, your PC is full of Pokemon. You will have to delete Pokemon after the trade. Are you sure you want to continue this trade?" If they click no the trade it's simply cancelled. If they say yes, they will have to deal with the consequences of the after trade. The after trade will warn the user that they need to delete Pokemon from their PC to fit their new ones in. To make it as flexible as possible you could also have the option to delete the Pokemon you've just traded to fit the desirable outcome of it. If there is held items on Pokemon in the after trade the user will be able to remove the held item if they plan to delete the Pokemon after.

Or

The same idea as above, but the notification says "You have x amount of free space left in your PC. You will have to delete Pokemon if you pass this limit. Are you sure you want to continue this trade?" Where x = the number of free space left in the PC.

Users can also turn off this notification if they don't care.

OR

Have text in the trade showing how many free spots are left over.

There is many ways of doing this and my idea is flexible to the devs.

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1364733246' post='256973']
Hold on, I found an exploit.

If you are playing in-game with a friend, you can abuse this to deposit and withdraw your Pokemon to heal them on the spot, even in the Elite Four
[/quote]

But both has to be right next to the computer, or am I missing something?

[quote name='WarOX' timestamp='1364732080' post='256953']
Like it too very much ! indeed
i say the secound floor of pokemon center could be used for this !
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/o0zevib.png[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]

That's... Amazing! It's a GUI that I've imagined ! The only thing I could find wrong about this layout is that it would need to add the additional confirmation buttons to reduce scams. I'll add that to the OP just to help explain the suggestion better. Thanks!

[quote name='Heavenol' timestamp='1364733617' post='256979']
But both has to be right next to the computer, or am I missing something?
[/quote]
Yes both have to be next the PC in order for it to work. One person can't do this trade at the Elite four and another at the Pokemon centre. I may have not explained that clearly, but that would be the reasonable thing to happen.

Thanks for the positive feedback! If we counted all the +'s in this thread we currently have 1 121 246 +'s!

I've added a section for the developers to make a clear, straight forward idea of what this suggestion is. I never knew this concept was in Gen V and for the most part, I only played Gen V in terms of single player. So considering they made this in Gen V I'm pretty satisfied that Nintendo did something like this.

I am impressed by the work done on this suggestion +1. Also might I add having the TMs show names in the process TM02-Dragonclaw. while you trade because i see a small risk of getting jipped during TM trading. especially for someone who doesnt know all the tm's by number and name.

[quote name='Ductape' timestamp='1365023214' post='263992']
I am impressed by the work done on this suggestion +1. Also might I add having the TMs show names in the process TM02-Dragonclaw. while you trade because i see a small risk of getting jipped during TM trading. especially for someone who doesnt know all the tm's by number and name.
[/quote]

[img]http://gyazo.com/73d6600caf11555ee4815123f38274fe.png?1365023428[/img]
Like this?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote=Darkshade][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]I think the only reason I can see this idea not being implemented (And it should, given that it's a mechanic in gen V), is possible duplication exploits that would need to be looked into.[/size][/font][/color][size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]I totally never saw this when I read it the first time and it brings a valid point. What are some possible exploits that could come from this idea if it were to exist? BTW this is a semi-necro.[/size]

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1367440565' post='316162']
[/size]
I totally never saw this when I read it the first time and it brings a valid point. What are some possible exploits that could come from this idea if it were to exist? BTW this is a semi-necro.
[/quote]

If there is a coding error its possible duplication like in GSC is possible

Support

+Addition: I'm not sure if it's fully ontopic or not but also I'd like to see a storage PC for items (without pokemons holding em - so I can leave just needed items with myself and easily list others when needed) if storing system would be upgraded