[Confirmed] General Character/Account Management

I'm proposing something,while probably similar to some suggestions, is a bit different.

I think that we should be able to make more characters on our accounts. However, these principles must be put into place.

1. We should have a cooldown & limit for character creation on a given account. Say, 3, with a reset at midnight, or a 24 hour cooldown.
2. Characters are deletable. They can be secured by having to reenter your login information & email to delete a character.
3. You keep the character limit reasonable. Maybe that number is 3, like it is right now. I think it should be 4, if this idea were to be implemented.

Pros :
1. There will be less account creation. Alt accounts won't take up so much server space.
2. Characters will be deletable. That way, alt characters won't take up so much server space.
3. Players get a better, more streamlined alt system.
4. You won't be forgetting your alt information, like i always do.
5. Donators get to use their donator benefits on their alts. This will encourage donations. Seriously.

Cons:
1. Inevitably, somebody is going to say that this is a good idea, but the dev's have more important things to do.( Like hats)

I think this is a fabulous idea... Thoughts?

tumblr_mdvcy9i51y1qkl38d.gif

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1363844926' post='238876']
Who says it will take less space? As long as their a limit in general, people will forever make new ones to get one-time Pokemon. The other thing is that if characters are deletable, why not make accounts deletable?
[/quote]
I don't follow your logic.
If people are given 3 alt runs per day, that will discourage excessive character and account creation. How could reasoning lead you to [i]any[/i] other conclusion? 99% of people's alt runs will be contained in this system.
However, [size=4]If somebody really does an average of 30 alt runs per day, meaning, they create an average of 10 accounts per day, then they will now create a mathematical average of 8.777 accounts per day. How did i provide any faulty logic?[/size]

[size=4]Now following your rhetorical question about making accounts deletable... Thats a completely non consequential question to this thread. Sure, maybe they should be. But that has nothing to do with this.[/size]

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1363845309' post='238878']
I don't follow your logic.
If people are given 3 alt runs per day, that will discourage excessive character and account creation. How could reasoning lead you to [i]any[/i] other conclusion? 99% of people's alt runs will be contained in this system.
However, [size=4]If somebody really does an average of 30 alt runs per day, meaning, they create an average of 10 accounts per day, then they will now create a mathematical average of 8.777 accounts per day. How did i provide any faulty logic?[/size]

[size=4]Now following your rhetorical question about making accounts deletable... Thats a completely non consequential question to this thread. Sure, maybe they should be. But that has nothing to do with this.[/size]
[/quote]
You got me there (but a lot a people alt run for shinies as well, not just the 1%), but you have to consider that the primary pro of this is to save space, when the fact of the matter is that already created accounts will have more characters, which will lead to a spike in user memory on their server.

And deletable characters is an entirely different suggestion in itself. Maybe re-wording it to "Can be paired with a delete character/account function" would make it seem more of a good thing, as it gives a pro and another reason to add such a function.

Outside of that, it's a rather solid suggestion. I personally don't alt run, but many people may find this useful. I'm pretty much neutral about this

[size=4][quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1363846037' post='238883'][/size]
If you are giving people the ability to delete characters then there is little point in increasing the number of characters per account. Most alts exist simply because we can't delete characters.
[/quote]
It's only to better match the arbitrary number of 3 new characters. The cap could stay at 3 and the suggested system would be still fully functional. [size=4]Or the new character limit could be 2, to match the 3 character cap. Let's not argue over arbitrary [/size]tweakable[size=4] numbers.[/size]

"[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. You won't be forgetting your alt information, like i always do."[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Find a meaningless combination of letters unique for you and add number 1-9999 for every new account you make;[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Junigoriana1[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Junigoriana2[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Junigoriana3[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Junigoriana4
Keep going[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This also applies when you make alts for speed run[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JunigorianaAA[/font][/color]
JunigorianaAB
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]...[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JunigorianaZZZ[/font][/color]

Not that this by any means help the developers with their server space but doing this will help you with organizing your alts

i like this idea, but would prefer if there are ways for us to obtain 1 time pokes/items/tms (e.g. Aero, TM 26, etc..) , i would say adding them to the GC or something, if this is done then many people will stop making too many alts just to farm those pokes/TMs

[quote name='Atlas' timestamp='1363848032' post='238911']
I really like this idea except I think that there should be a time limit between making a character and making an alt, and making an alt and deleting that alt.
[/quote]

Why? If people have gotta wait, they'll just make alt accounts, rendering this useless.

[quote name='Fratley' timestamp='1363848587' post='238916']
Why? If people have gotta wait, they'll just make alt accounts, rendering this useless.
[/quote]

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/acf02d5e05c02ee78a3509883d099d91/tumblr_mh3j6tFopc1ribnwko1_500.gif[/img]

[quote name='Demando' timestamp='1363846957' post='238897']
i like this idea, but would prefer if there are ways for us to obtain 1 time pokes/items/tms (e.g. Aero, TM 26, etc..) , i would say adding them to the GC or something, if this is done then many people will stop making too many alts just to farm those pokes/TMs
[/quote]
I preffer this.

• 2 months later...

no. As for the OP, I wouldn't mind an adjusted or tweaked version of this suggestion.