[Official] Team Tournament (March)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][img]http://i.imgur.com/nljCfc9.jpg[/img][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Note: EST=EDT[/font][/color]

[b][size=5]Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament March.[/size][/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These will be monthly competitive tournaments (held on the fourth Saturday of each month) where teams can test their skill against each other.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Players will battle as teams (3 at a time). The final matches will be played separately.[/font][/color]

[color=#FF0000][size=6]Registration - 20th March 5pm EDT[/size][/color]
One representative from each team registers [u]up to five players[/u] in this format:
Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:

[DD] DarkDragons will be given the opportunity to defend their title. They have earned a registration slot.
[url="http://challonge.com/PokeMMOTTMarch"][size=7]Bracket[/size][/url]

The players you sign up must have the team tag of the team you sign up, or they will not be allowed to compete.

Three players from each team will battle at a time. You can switch out who is competing between rounds.

[b]Date + Time:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]23rd March 5pm EDT[/font][/color]

[b]Location:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Indigo Plateau Channel 7[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Outside the Pokemon Center[/font][/color]

[b]Clauses:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sleep/1HKO/Pristine/Species/Item/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Broken moves[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/10806-list-of-clauses-and-what-they-mean/"]List of clauses and what they mean[/url][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Note: All clauses listed apply individually, not to the team as a whole.[/font][/color]

[b]Banned moves:[/b]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Future Sight[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Counter[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wrap[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bind[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Whirlpool[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fire Spin[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sand Tomb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Clamp[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Prize:[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/12229-hall-of-fame/"]Entry into this thread[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#0000CD][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stream: [url="http://twitch.tv/plizard"]http://twitch.tv/plizard[/url][/font][/color]

Request: Randomize who from each team is facing who before the match starts. And then assign people to each spot when its time. Some people got to "choose" who they fought every Round and it led to them doing better because they specifically swapped Pokemon around their teams to deal with the people they chose. Randomize it so they don't get that opportunity. If that makes any sense at all the way I said it.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1363656633' post='235022']
Request: Randomize who from each team is facing who before the match starts. And then assign people to each spot when its time. Some people got to "choose" who they fought every Round and it led to them doing better because they specifically swapped Pokemon around their teams to deal with the people they chose. Randomize it so they don't get that opportunity. If that makes any sense at all the way I said it.
[/quote]

Both teams have the opportunity to do this though, and it adds an extra layer of strategy to the game.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1363656702' post='235024']
Both teams have the opportunity to do this though, and it adds an extra layer of strategy to the game.
[/quote]

Except one team usually swaps around in place and reject duel invites. There was one team specifically doing that last time so they had teams specifically prepped for one individual and wouldn't start until they made it so they fought them.

Randomizing it removes that advantage.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1363656769' post='235027']
Except one team usually swaps around in place and reject duel invites. There was one team specifically doing that last time so they had teams specifically prepped for one individual and wouldn't start until they made it so they fought them.

Randomizing it removes that advantage.
[/quote]
If they rejected invites from anyone but that play, wouldn't that count as a forfeit if they refused to play?

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1363656845' post='235028']
If they rejected invites from anyone but that play, wouldn't that count as a forfeit if they refused to play?
[/quote]

No, the battle actually has to be triggered then either D/C'd/"crashed"/etc. for it to be considered a forfeit.

It just seemed pretty blatant two teams have been doing that to their advantage the last tournament. I think removing the possibility altogether means a level playing field. And eliminates any "quick hand me that and switch with this" absurdity by PCs. Remove that and leave it to surprise/chance for once.

[quote name='ChrisChris' timestamp='1363657100' post='235032']
No, the battle actually has to be triggered then either D/C'd/"crashed"/etc. for it to be considered a forfeit.

It just seemed pretty blatant two teams have been doing that to their advantage the last tournament. I think removing the possibility altogether means a level playing field. And eliminates any "quick hand me that and switch with this" absurdity by PCs. Remove that and leave it to surprise/chance for once.
[/quote]

Oh my bad, I read your post wrong, I thought you meant they swapped pokemon around among themselves.